Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

Stupid Question

I wonder if Carmack liked Daikatana...
I mean I didn't think it was THAT BAD like various sites said it is!
1)The graphics are good!
2)The story is good!
3)The sound is good!
4)After the patch (48 mb)the gameplay is good also!
While it is far from what was promised (2 staged AI,good sidekicks AI etc...) and we got a stupid AI and a stupid sidekicks AI even after the huge patch!
At least the save anywhere option was implemented...
Anyway my point is that this game is not as bad as some say it is!
If u got a decent PC with all the latest drivers and the patch u will have quiet a good time!
Doom is much better that's OBVIOUS but after the patch Daikatana can actually be an enjoyable game!

Guest Heresiarch

I wonder if I like Daikatana...

Guest mancuvus

shit, dont tell me that i just got daikatana!!!!

Heresiarch said:

I wonder if I like Daikatana...

Hey, I like Daikatana. It´s just a game, i never expected to be the REVOLUTION. Pretty fun on coop. Very nice skins on the models, and plenty of things to use. If you hate the sidekicks, just order them to stay at the beggining until you clean the place out, but you´ll lose many scripts.

You´re right, it´s a decent game. It´s old in concept, that´s why it fails in some things. I never stoped believing in John Romero, I hope whatever he is doing next, won´t need like 4 years and 3 teams.

If this game would shipped when it had to ship, now will be remembered as a great game. Graphics and tech wouldn´t be like today´s, but the Single Player is MORE, MORE fun than Quake 2 one.

Zaldron said:

Hey, I like Daikatana. It´s just a game, i never expected to be the REVOLUTION. Pretty fun on coop. Very nice skins on the models, and plenty of things to use. If you hate the sidekicks, just order them to stay at the beggining until you clean the place out, but you´ll lose many scripts.

I also like Daikatana, especially the designs (some weapons, the armour, the architecture). The only thing I dislike is that the artificial intelligence of your two buddies is just terrible...

Guest mancuvus
Zaldron said:

what is a side kick?