Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dmarg1

I'm Back... with a great idea

Guest Dmarg1

It's been a while, and through this time I have the PERFECT idea for a weapon...

If demons like hot environments, what happens when they are exposed to cold environments? So iv'e made a weapon thats lowers the air temperature in its blast radius to -100*C. I call it... the "Frost Emitter". It uses liquid Nitrogen as ammo and has a capcity of 100 pints. Each shot explodes into a bluish-white cloud of vapor that kills demons and you if you wander to far into it's field. I would replace this with the rocket launcher.

Howabout the "Frost Shock Cannon"?

Although I don't see why people have a bias about the demons being firey and hot-natured (besides imps). If they are from hell, then in my opinion they are very very COLD. But the description of what hell is probably really like doesn't work very well for video games.

Blast radius? so it has a very clearly defined splash damage huh?

So if im right outside of it and step 1 inch into it, then the air will be -100 degrees?
I think you are talking aobut the effective splash damage range - which is clearly defined as 1/2 the distance between where splash damage is zero, and at its' fullest.

Guest JudgeDooM

Yeah! good idea.

Guest Erick20

I like it! but why not use Liquid Helium instead? Its about -400 degrees farenheight, a good 330 degrees colder... :)

sirgalahadwizar said:

Howabout the "Frost Shock Cannon"?

Although I don't see why people have a bias about the demons being firey and hot-natured (besides imps). If they are from hell, then in my opinion they are very very COLD. But the description of what hell is probably really like doesn't work very well for video games.

Blast radius? so it has a very clearly defined splash damage huh?

So if im right outside of it and step 1 inch into it, then the air will be -100 degrees?
I think you are talking aobut the effective splash damage range - which is clearly defined as 1/2 the distance between where splash damage is zero, and at its' fullest.

You need a lot of electrical power to sustain that temperature to Helium or Nitrogen, but that could not be problematic for 2100-2200. About the range, were talking of energy dissipation, so the damage is affected to 1/r^2, where r is the radius from the desired point to the center of the impact. So, effective splash damage is like R^0.5, where R is the distance between 100% damage to something like 1% or 2%

Let's see here. So it would be just like the Duke Nukem 3D Freezethrower but with a blast-radius giving cloud of damage? Sounds nice. What happens when they're frozen, though? I'm quite partial to the frozen enemies in Hexen... creak... shatter. :)

Uh, no, I don't understand the relavance of this weapon to MTG.

Actually I feel kinda insulted that you mentioned it here because it is a very good game. Not that doom isn't as good, different genres, but because they are from different genres.

Fantasy/magic gaming pretty much only goes well with rpgs because heretic and hexen were dismal failures to capture the fantasy/magic concept. When I mean RPG, that includes diablo and warcraft style games.