Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

Mormons

If it was'nt for Quake, i'd have never found this out...
Well, I alway's have had a theory that whatever you believe in, is what happens to you when you die {ie: Christian goes to heaven, Wiccen goes to the Elder World, Buhdist goes to there religion, etc.} I think this for a good reason. The force of so many people believing one thing may cuase it to be real.

Shub Niggurath; The Black Goat of the woods, the dark Elder creature of the other dimensions.

YOG SOTHOTH; Ruler of the Elder World, gardian of the Gate, creator of the Elders.

If you do a certain incantation corectly, you can go to the Elder World, seriously, I know. And Quake came pretty damn close to what the Shambler really looks like, just imagine Quake's shamber with short horns, no mouth, and fish eye's. The Shambler has no vocal system of communication, they speak through hand gestures. They really only attack to defend thierselves.

To find out the incantaion to raise Yog Sothoth, and open the gate to the Elder World, go to: http://www.eerie.fr/~alquier/HPL/azif/book4/ritual.html

Jeremy said:

{ie: Christian goes to heaven, Wiccen goes to the Elder World, Buhdist goes to there religion, etc.}

..........Sinatra goes to Hollywood........

Jeremy said:

Christian goes to heaven, Wiccen goes to the Elder World, Buhdist goes to there religion, etc.

---------- Doom-believers go to hell ???????? ----------

Jeremy said:

Christian goes to heaven, Wiccen goes to the Elder World, Buhdist goes to there religion, etc.

Guest Ohso

So the people who believe in something completely original are pretty much screwed, eh?
Do people who disbelieve cause a negative effect? If so, then a lot of people are going to be disappointed seeing as all the beliefs of the world would tend to cancel each other out.
;)

PS: I hope you were joking about believing in Lovecraft stuff...um, it isn't real you know, even if it is cool.
Oh, I read your 'incantation'; how do you bow to the direction 'up'(zenith)?

Yeah, i mean, even if the Necronomicon existed, that webpage is fan fiction, based on H.P. Lovecraft concept of the Book. It says that on the main page.

Ohso said:

So the people who believe in something completely original are pretty much screwed, eh?
Do people who disbelieve cause a negative effect? If so, then a lot of people are going to be disappointed seeing as all the beliefs of the world would tend to cancel each other out.
;)

PS: I hope you were joking about believing in Lovecraft stuff...um, it isn't real you know, even if it is cool.
Oh, I read your 'incantation'; how do you bow to the direction 'up'(zenith)?

You bend back, like looking up. It isn't LoveCraft I believe, it's the original cults. LoveCraft just used that stuff for his book's, like Eldrich, and Edgar Allen Poe. But it's really what ever you believe in, is what's gonna happen, no matter what you believe in. That is pretty sensible. Besides, something {God} had to creat the Universe, and if it was the BigBang, what made the BigBang? Gases? What made the gas then?? Answer that you dumb Atheists! {Thats not reffering to you people, thats reffering to "athiests", :)

Disorder said:

No, DooM is not a religion, im talking religion, not video games!
But if you think DooM is a religion, thats Gothic, so you would probably go to Quake land {the Elder World :}

Guest Ohso
Jeremy said:

You bend back, like looking up. It isn't LoveCraft I believe, it's the original cults. LoveCraft just used that stuff for his book's, like Eldrich, and Edgar Allen Poe. But it's really what ever you believe in, is what's gonna happen, no matter what you believe in. That is pretty sensible. Besides, something {God} had to creat the Universe, and if it was the BigBang, what made the BigBang? Gases? What made the gas then?? Answer that you dumb Atheists! {Thats not reffering to you people, thats reffering to "athiests", :)

I am not to one to criticize anyones belief's. If you believe those things, I didn't intend any insult, however I always thought Lovecraft invented the whole concept of the Necronomicon and other aspects of the Cthulhu mythos (I've been a fan for a long time). I will however admit it is possible that he did not.

An off-topic comment on the nature of the big bang:
A common misconception is that the big bang started with all the matter of the universe scrunched up in a ball which then 'exploded'. While this view is often used to describe the event for non-scientists, the actual description is a bit more complicated.
The idea is that a single 'particle' for lack of a better word fluctuated into existence (quantum physics allows this to happen for any reason, or simply no reason at all!). This single 'particle' is what exploded into space, time, and all the matter and energy in the universe.
What caused the initial fluctuation? A supreme being? The death of another universe? A frog's hiccup 20 billion years later? Impossible to say. I like to think that anything could have caused it and that universes are born and die all the time for any and every reason. My answer to the question of life, the universe and everything: All of the Above. :)

Technically, the Big Bang setted time in motion in our Universe, so previous events had nothing to do with us, they don´t exist to our view of the Universe because it didn´t happen in a valid time coordenate.

So, asking that kind of things or even knowing the truth doesn´t affect our timeline.

Guest Ohso

Exactly as I said:
"Impossible to say."

Ohso said:

Yeah, the Necronomican 'mythology' (for lack of a better word) has been around a very, very lond time, and predates Lovecraft.

Jeremy said:

Wiccen goes to the Elder World

I'm not sure about that... from what I have heard, Wiccens believe in re-incarnation (to an extent). Or maybe that is only with certain denominations...

Guest spectre

When you die, your body lays and rots. You become worm food and decompose into the earth. Your body becomes oil that people will use hundreds of generations in the future. That's it. But that's just my theory =)

I'm bored and waiting for this CD to finish burning so I might as well add my own two cents.

Jews go to Purgatory, were they are judged for Heaven or Hell.

Christians go straight to Heaven or Hell. There a lot of different factions of Christianity such as 7th Day Adventists, Prodistants, and Lutherans.

Catholics are basically Christians, but take the rules far more seriously. You die without confessing your sins you go straight to Hell. Game over. Rough. They also got to pretend that crackers are the flesh of Christ and wine is his blood. Mmm, cannibals. =)

That was a joke. Please don't flame me. However, Catholics are still fairly racist and don't recognize women as people. For that reason alone I don't like them. Eat your damn crackers! Give me the women! Mwahahahahahahahaaaa....

Mormons are also Christians, but follow the 'Book of Latter Day Christ', which states that Jesus came back to life AGAIN and visited America this time. Now they live in Utah, can have as many wives as they want, and go to Hell if they drink caffeine. I used to go out with a Mormon. Not to insult their beliefs or anything but every Mormon I've met is kinda nutty.

Oh, and just so you all know there's a big typo in the Bible. When it was translated from Latin a mistake was made... in Latin, there are 7 words for 'kill'. They picked the wrong one. The real commandment is, "Thou Shalt Not Murder". The difference is, running around a murdering people is wrong. If someone breaks into your house, kills your kid and rapes your dog, you have the God given right to kill him. An eye for an eye. You don't have to rape his dog, though. In fact I'd recommend against it. If you do, at least put on a few pairs of socks on each of his legs so he can't scratch you.

Barbarians/Vikings go to Valhalla, where the brave live forever.

Pagans, for the most part, go to Hades, the Underworld.

Wiccans, well, there's several types and most of them are quite peaceful and loving. In most Wiccan religions there is no Hell, and there are no Demons. Everything's at peace. The Druids were the most powerful Wiccans because they controlled the weather. Stonehenge is, still today, the most accurate calendar ever made.

There are many different forms of Pagan (multi-god) religions among American Indians, and I'm not too familiar with a lot of them. I think, however, that they hold all living things as sacred creatures, especially the ones that they kill for food because they are being blessed with a meal. They give their lives so they can survive. Also, as far as I know, that most Indian religions end with a 'neutral' place, an 'afterworld' of sorts that was simply not meant to be understood by us mortals. It's Sacred, but not all sacred things are good for you. I don't know, I should probably study my lineage a bit more carefully. =)

Hindus believe in reincarnation and karma. Basically, a life well spent and not wasted will get you rewarded with a higher body in your next life form. Be a good slug, become a salamander. Also, they worship a six armed dancing elephant named Bishnu. Cows are sacred, too. Kill a cow and you'll get beat to death in the streets. Fun people. The dots in their foreheads are a symbol of social status. A red dot is cheap. A ruby dot means the chick is rich!

Oriental religions are much more peaceful than others. They don't believe in marriage, only weak unions. It's normal for men to have mistresses over there. Everything's about harmony, peace, at one with nature, and worshipping a little tree. I really don't get much of what they do, but I know that even today they still make little patches of cloth with words on them to seal out demons, and hang them on the walls and over doors. They must be slightly 'paranoid'. Also, China is probably the worst place to live in the world. 3 billion people there; the most common last name on the planet is Chin. So many damn people that if you have a kid without permission a cop will show up and put a bullet in it. They don't have much food, either. They'll eat anything, but mostly rice. Getting a nice, plump dog for dinner is expensive.

I'm not sure of Islamic religions, but since they're literally just a spin-off of Christianity they probably go to Heaven (or whatever they decided to call it). An Islam read the Bible a very long time ago, changed a lot of it, renamed Jesus to Mohammed and changed his name so it was him. Cute. What do they do today? Kill Christians, of course. The Koran is supposed to be a book of love, yet if they kill a religious enemy they get a free ticket to Heaven no matter their sins.

The COS, the Church Of Satan, doesn't really believe in scratching pentagrams in the stone walls with your fingernails, painting yourself with your bloody stubs, and chanting Marilyn Manson lyrics. The COS is more of a 'revenge' religion. Do whatever the hell you want to, and if someone screws with you, screw them back twofold. Sounds like a nice group of people.

Actually, all religions are supposed to be about love. It's human nature to hate I guess.

If you want to add up history, Crocodiles have been worshipped more than Jesus. Also, more people have died in the name of Jesus than Moses, Freedom, and Oil combined.

If you want to know my opinion, God *MUST* be a man.

A woman wouldn't let things get this fucked up, and a woman wouldn't let things STAY this fucked up. Period.

BTW, the Kalevala is the Finnish Wiccan Bible. It's a story book that teaches moral lessons. The Earth was formed when an Egg sitting on a Goddess' leg in the sea fell, and cracked. One part of the shell became the sky, one part the land... Jeez, they had opiates in that country didn't they? :)

The Necronomicon is merely a book of fiction, written less than a hundred years ago, based on a real Pagan 'Bible' that was vaguely reference but has never been proven to exist. It was written completely in Latin by some novelist I think, I can't remember the whole story because I don't give a damn.

So long as the Evil Dead trilogy was made from it, I'm happy.

Guest Ohso

Very interesting post. :)

Oh yeah, and Evil Dead rocks.

Guest ildon
Jeremy said:

haw, this is probably one of the most entertaining threads i've ever read.
its fun to see people talk about religions they dont even understand.
i'm an atheist with a catholic background, and basically 95% of everything posted here about catholics is wrong but i'm not going to waste my time refuting them.
what i'm here to talk about is atheism and physics.
now there was a post saying "what was before the big bang?"
well let me explain.
at the moment of the beginning of the big bang was the beginning of time.
when all the mass in the universe is condensed into an infinitely small point, there is no time.
time has no meaning.
therefore we can discount anything that happened "before the big bang" because there was no time. the big bang created time as well as matter.
think about it this way, in super mario brothers for the NES mario could only move in two dimensions.
there could have been lots of coins in the third dimension away from him but because he could not interact with those coins, himself being two dimensional those coins didnt matter.
if you wanted to calculate all the coins in the level you cannot count those coins because within the dimension of that level they do not exist because the level is only two dimensions.
same as with before the big bang, it was before time, there could have been an infinite amount of things occuring before it but because there was no time and we live in a dimension and only understand that dimension in relationship to time we can discount anything that happened.
anyway, if i was going to follow a religion it would be catholicism. at least they admit to being wrong in the past and change their doctrine to reflect scientific truth.

Guest Ohso

Yes time did not exist "before" (the use of the word before here is because of the lack of a better word to describe something outside of time itself) the big bang, but there are theories that 'something' did/does exist.
Call it Super-space or Super-time or whatever, but it is possible that there was/is something outside what we call the universe. Since our laws of physics (as we currently understand them) break down at the singularity of the big bang we can only speculate, but to say nothing can exist beyond our four limited dimensions is to limit us to our current understanding. It is entirely possible that future developments on a grand unified field theory could someday allow us to understand events in or beyond a singularity. Who knows?

Guest Ohso
Captain Skippy said:

and i would go to a room full of hot cheerleaders :)

Ooh, I think I just changed my religion. =D

Mormons are cool, they are really prepaired for the End Day's too. They are like a giant family, but again, they don't recognise Women all to well. But I like the Mormons. But, I think i'll just stick with being "Non-Denominational" :)
But the reason I never want to be Athiest...Eeeh, when you die, you just sit in eternal blackness! Nothingness, thats gotta suck!

deadnail said:

Not to insult their beliefs or anything but every Mormon I've met is kinda nutty.

I second that.

deadnail said:

You completely forgot about Protestants, strange considering how big Protestantism is in America :) Of course, there's a lot of different forms of this (My grandfather is a Reform protestant), and there's also several different types of Catholicism (Main being Roman, but there's also English Catholicism, etc).

Actually, I've never met a Protestant, so I've no clue what they're supposed to be all about. However, considering the big differences between Christians, 7th Day Adventists, and Roman Catholics who knows what in the Hell they're up to.

BTW, 7th Day Adventists COULDN'T DRIVE TO SAVE THEIR LIVES. Seriously. I got a town fifteen minutes away with the '7th Day Adventist Headquarters' in it, roughly 70% of the town is 7th Day, and NONE of the suckers knows how to operate one of those new fangled machines called 'cars'. They have accidents daily, and I'm not kidding.

As for Roman vs English Catholicism, isn't English just the COE, Church of England? Spectacles, Testacles, Wallet & Watch.

Hey, there's something I forgot. Racial slurs!

I don't know if there's an 'official' slur against Christians, but Jews like to call us Pagans for some retarded reason.

The slur against 7th Days is 'peanut', and driving in the same town with them for four minutes will have you screaming it!

Jews are, of course, called Kikes when you want a fistfight. I don't know many Jews but the ones I know are rich and don't have a good sense of humor. Of course there's Jerry Seinfeld...

Don't know what you call Mormons, I just use 'Morons'. ;)

Hmm, I'm not sure about Hindus or Pagans either.

There a lot of Asian slurs. Zipperhead, Gook, Chink, Jap, and the rarely-used Nip. It's funny, 'cuz when I was a kid I named one of my cats 'Nip'. :) Who knew?

As for Middle Easterners, I guess 'Towel Head' will just have to cover them all, 'cuz I know I'll get in trouble if I bring up 'Sand Nigger'. Whoops, I did it again.

I'm not using any of these seriously, I hope you know. I'm just mentioning the ones that aren't obvious.

Let's see... American, Canadian, French, English, British, Irish, Scottish, German, Italian, Polish, Finnish, Dutch, Swedish, and Austrailian are all just more words than 'Cracker' or 'Honky' to the average Black American.

Of course, we can't forget about Darkie or Nigger, but I'm sure we all know about them, since the happy happy 'n' word is said in every new rap song about fourteen times. It's fine if they say it, just not me. I still don't get it. In none of my music do we call each other 'crackers'. :/

BTW, do you know what a 'Chocolate Starfish' is?
A Black Woman's anal opening.
Just thought you might like to know, since a CD was just NAMED after that. :Þ

Umm, homosexuals refer to heterosexuals as 'breeders'. Stupid faggots, what makes them think they're better than us?!

Well, I guess this post was kind of meaningless.

Hey, someone kill me. I don't want to live through the next five hours. Please, please, someone kill me. Anyone, I don't care. Someone just put a bullet in my brain! Argh!

spectre said:

When you die, your body lays and rots. You become worm food and decompose into the earth. Your body becomes oil that people will use hundreds of generations in the future. That's it. But that's just my theory =)

Yeah, thats what happens to your body....