Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

THIS IS A POST FOR IDEAS NEVER SEEN BEFORE !!

POST YOUR COOL IDEAS NEVER SEEN BEFORE RIGHT HERE !!!!!

This is my idea : An extra CD-ROM in the DooM3-Box with a 30 minute intro....

Now let me see your ideas !!!!!!!

How about a Jetpack for the marine, what space marine should go without a jetpack? Also, instead of weapons being found on the ground, ammo can stay the same and be around, but weapons should be mounted on walls or in cases, and you have to find the key (very hidden) for some cases like one to a BFG! Then however, they should make it so you keep all your weapons but dont have any ammo for them (cept the pistol) when you die and have to restart.

Guest MasterPlayer

space suits to prevent decompression in vacuums would be cool, and have ships you can fly around in and get upgrades for it etc.

I dont know how this would work, but how about RANDOM secrets instead of secret area's always being in the same spot. This would make them actual secrets, instead of just a secret the first time round.

Something like a EQ Doom would be cool

I think it would be cool to have levels ment only for online multiplayer. Were a ton of players battle a massive army of enemies. And even have big enemies that usually will take out about a dozen players itself before being took down. Like maybe something like the Cyberdemon, except it have a Plasma Rifle on its shoulder and tons of other combat gear on it.

Or even the online players can control huge combat machines. So every weapon it has is controlled by an independent player and then one player controlls the movement. It could have like 30 differant weapons or something.

Deathmatching is fun. To me, it will never be as entertaining as a well laid single player campaign but it's definitely great in it's own rite.

However, campers ruin everything.

Respawns should be RANDOMLY placed. On the ground, at least 20 feet from every ledge so you don't spawn and dive, and at least 20 feet from other players as well so they can't give you a shotgun facial instantly.

I HATE RESPAWN CAMPERS.

There should also be, at least an option for, unstoppable movement. Ice floors, oil slicks, whatever. Maybe you have to stay in one place twice as long as you want to. You camp in one spot for ten seconds and try to move, and you have to wait twenty to get going. Or maybe just a bolt of lightning that crashes down if you sit still for three seconds.

God if I ever see one in real life I'll still hunt his ass down with a machinegun!

"Who saw you comin' this time, ya bastard! Get the fuck off of my internet!"

Mmmh, let me think :

* When you end the game, after the final cinematic, i want to see the credits roll. But with a little twist, putting as background a 3° person camera showing your fights against the bossess (in grayscale, and with no sound, just the final music).

* Hey Disorder, how about a "Making of DooM III" on that CD too?

* I want to see underwater as in real life, really blurred.

* How about a new deathmatch type of game where the level starts to catch on fire. It would advance periodically, blocking rooms and corridors, until everyone is trapped in a small room, fraggin each other at 20 frags/min. It would make deathmatch gradually more furious.

Guest mancuvus

there will be nice if there was included a soundtrack
and not only the doom 3 songs, the doom and dooom 2 songs too, like the ones in this page

Zaldron said:

how about a "Making of DooM III" on that CD too?

I love that idea !!!

Keep sending in those ideas !!

Well, if we're getting into new ideas, I'd like water to not only be transparent, but to bend light, just like in real life. Perspective should be different looking through the water, not absolutely free and clear. I don't know why none of the games so far have implimented this.

Malum Archon said:

How about a Jetpack for the marine, what space marine should go without a jetpack? Also, instead of weapons being found on the ground, ammo can stay the same and be around, but weapons should be mounted on walls or in cases, and you have to find the key (very hidden) for some cases like one to a BFG! Then however, they should make it so you keep all your weapons but dont have any ammo for them (cept the pistol) when you die and have to restart.

Kinda confusing... You 2 share the sime pictures...
But you do have some cool ideas here...

I agree with you on the weapon-thing... It's not really realistic if weapons are spread out all over the place...

But hey, it's DooM... Who says that DooM is a realistic game?
But I prefer realism...

Hey, I got an idea here.

Since Duke has the gold on Jetpacks, what about magnets?

Imagine a level that's the outer hull of a large spacecraft, hurtling through the cosmos. The level takes place on the outside with you running all over the thing, trying to accomplish something. Getting rid of the demons, fixing all of the boosters, yanking out a plank of metal in something then making back inside in a time limit, whatever.

Your magnetized boots keep you to the metal surface. In this level you obviously couldn't jump, and a shot that cracks your face helmet would cause you to implode. It would be a difficult level, and I don't know what kind of enemies could survive in such a situation....

Wait, that's it. Now I got it. One of my original ideas I posted here a long time ago.

1 level, no enemies, only puzzles.

You're on a spacecraft from Diermos to Earth, crusing along, when it starts to fall apart and you have to put it back together. Repair the generator, replace the motherboard, and do some work on the thrusters. This would be a fast paced level with no enemies, and is really just a showoff level for what the graphics can be.

Even if you hate everything I just typed, I would still like to see a level in Doom 3 with no enemies at all, just a series of puzzles to break the tension.

Break the tension! Timed Puzzles that mean life or death are more tense then being surrounded by Cyber Demons! I got more stressed doing those timed puzzles in Zelda 64 then kicking back and playing doom. :) Still a good idea, but maybe just the first level or something, kind of an introductory level (similiar to half-life?) thats scripted and your have to like get out of a crashing ship before it hits the side of a cliff. Then your out there and you discover area 51 and!... That would actually be interesting, some stupid scientists mess around with the gates again how about, ex-UAC scientists, and the whole mess comes back through the gate right in some secret lab in a desert, then slowly an army of hissy's spreads out over the land to hunt down and take their revenge on lingucia!

deadnail said:

Uh, Deimos is in Hell in the Doom universe, so that would be a little tricky :) Maybe Phobos instead...

Anyway, it's a very cool idea. Have you seen Star Trek: First Contact? The bit where they're outside on the Hull trying to stop the Borg from contacting the collective is one of the best bits of the entire film (and it's the best ST film yet IMHO).

Malum Archon said:

...and your have to like get out of a crashing ship before it hits the side of a cliff. Then your out there and you discover area 51 and!...

Pretty good ideas, i'd like to see some scripted events too... But wouldn't that make the game look like HALF-LIFE to much ??

I mean, nothing wrong with Half-Life at all, but I think ID should put lot's of things in D3 that we have never seen before ... People were blown away by Half-Life because of it's new features in a genre we already knew..

Send in more ideas !!!

Someone said something about the movie Event Horizon a couple of days ago.. How about a Level in DooM something like that...?

A level, with no monsters (Deadnail's Idea), but only psychological scaryness... Lights flashing, scary sounds...

But no music at all... Very silent... And once in a while a scary sound that seems to be coming closer.... Then it stops... !

Guest doomgod12345
AndrewB said:

Well, if we're getting into new ideas, I'd like water to not only be transparent, but to bend light, just like in real life. Perspective should be different looking through the water, not absolutely free and clear. I don't know why none of the games so far have implimented this.

there is a game comeing out called red faction, i think. it will have water effects laike that and many more cool things in it