Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

---------<<<<MEDICS IN DooM 3 >>>>----------

We've been talking a lot about working together with other marines in a level.. HOW about THIS? : You start with a wave of soldiers in a level. When one of your team-mates gets shot in the leg, you'll see him limp a little... Then a medic comes running to him and starts taking care of him.... If ID can do this in D3, I'd be really fraggin' happy...

For the love of god NO!! Medics in doom? What the hell were you thinking?

I know it would make it more realistic but if there will be other marines that help you,I dont want a medic. It would ruin the whole concept of Doom, at least thats what I think anyway. But here is an idea that would be cool, if a marine is injured(BADLY but not dead)another marine would go and try to find like a medikit or stimpack, bring it back, and give it to him. Maybe when the other marine goes looking for that stuff he might get in a fight with a demon and get his ass turned into grass by a pinkie or spectre or something. If there is no way of actually helping the guy/girl you can choose to either leave him/her( Evil bastards! )or take him/her along and try to find some way of helping him/her. Medics would not fit in Doom, and besides if there would be anybody left to help you it would be marines not measly medics who probably don't have weapons powerful enough to hurt any demon.

Although i might sound like a pessimistic bastard i think your idea is fine, just wouldnt work well with Doom, but in a mod it would be a good idea.

By the way if i had any gramatical or spelling errors please tell me. I ain't a very good typist.

I don't really want to see a whole lot of survivors, so I agree with MVW's comment of being able to hunt down a medikit for your injured comrade since there's no official help for him, and he's too messed up to help himself.

MACVILEWHORE said:

You need an apostrophe with your conjunctions, like won't and don't. You should also put a space after commas and periods. As it is the title of a video game, Doom should be capitalized at the least although some people would argue that also entails putting "Doom" within quotes the same way as the title of a book or movie.

There are some differences between European and American English. Some words are spelled slightly differently, like color/colour.

Making smaller paragraphs makes it easier to read for people with bad eyes or highly pixelated monitors (such as laptops or Dreamcasts).

You also forgot an 's' in pessimistic.

That really doesn't matter. Your English is much better than some of the other peeps in here. Just stop pissing in the coffee, we all have to share.

I just corrected my spelling seeing all the errors i had.

(/me dumb shit)

:P

Is there any other spelling errors that you can see in it that i didn't notice?

No, none that I see. Don't call yourself a dumb shit, just stop pissing in my coffee damn you. The stuff isn't free.

&lt;i&gt;Are&lt;/i&gt; there any other spelling errors that you can see in it that &lt;i&gt;I&lt;/i&gt; didn't notice?

When using parenthesis (like this), you don't need a space between the contents and the parenthesis themselves, instead you need space between the other words of the sentence and the parenthesis (again, like this).

deadnail said:

No, none that I see. Don't call yourself a dumb shit, just stop pissing in my coffee damn you. The stuff isn't free.

&lt;i&gt;Are&lt;/i&gt; there any other spelling errors that you can see in it that &lt;i&gt;I&lt;/i&gt; didn't notice?

When using parenthesis (like this), you don't need a space between the contents and the parenthesis themselves, instead you need space between the other words of the sentence and the parenthesis (again, like this).

C'mon man... What is this? A Spelling-show??? Stick to the topic !

Hey, he asked for help I didn't just start throwing English books at him. Would you want me to ignore you if you asked for help?

deadnail said:

You need an apostrophe with your conjunctions, like won't and don't. You should also put a space after commas and periods. As it is the title of a video game, Doom should be capitalized at the least although some people would argue that also entails putting "Doom" within quotes the same way as the title of a book or movie.

There are some differences between European and American English. Some words are spelled slightly differently, like color/colour.

Making smaller paragraphs makes it easier to read for people with bad eyes or highly pixelated monitors (such as laptops or Dreamcasts).

You also forgot an 's' in pessimistic.

That really doesn't matter. Your English is much better than some of the other peeps in here. Just stop pissing in the coffee, we all have to share.

Actually, it's really International English rather than European English, you Americans are about the only ones who spell words differently, although I'm not sure about the Australians. I think the Canadians spell some words like the US and some the "correct" way.

Another thing is "ise" vs. "ize", e.g. "capitalise". In Britain we're now officially allowed (according to the Oxford English Dictionary anyway) to use either :)

There's also "re" vs. "er", e.g. "centre", which is based on the French, who also use "re".

Guest fraggle`
deadnail said:

Don't call yourself a dumb shit, just stop pissing in my coffee damn you.

Yeah, that sig is irritating. It makes you sound like some kind of insane hyperactive nine year old.

deadnail said:

Would you want me to ignore you if you asked for help?

Answer number 1) Yes, if it was a question about spelling....

Answer number 2) If my question was related to D3, NO!!!