Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

Carmack on PS2 and more!

On Shugashack carmack posted the following:
"The PlayStation2 doesn't live up to Sony's hype," says Carmack. "It's just a next-generation machine, and they were acting like they'd invented the steam engine."

Todd Hollenshead, CEO of id Software, on where their development efforts are going: "Practically all of our internal resources for the next Doom will be devoted to the PC. Currently, no work is being done for consoles apart from Q3A localizations and the Q3A port to PS2 (both of which are being handled externally).

Here is something tasty also:
"...nobody, and I mean nobody can code engines like John Carmack. Q3A proves that." CGW / ZDNet

Here is the link to id Software's New Technology Licensing Program:
http://www.idsoftware.com/corporate/idtech/index.html

OH YEAH! THAT'S THE ID I LIKE!

Guest Xero

The Johns (Romero And Carmack) are the best programers know to man (im still not getting their faces tattoo-ed on my 4$$ or anything) and if they could get together (ID and Ion) It would really rule... but i doubt they could/will its an ID only kinda thing... but if they did it would be hyped up more then it is now (i mean it would be wat EVERYONE was talking about in the gaming community) and the PS2 might be the way to go with a console version... but about the same time DooM 3 comes out so will the "Nintendo game cube" And the XBox... so as far a console BS goes they'lll have a lot of good tech to go with either way

Guest JudgeDooM

Well, I stopped liking Romero since he has done that stuid game called "Daikatana". So I don't want him to collaborate with Id, he will make Doom 3 suck.

While Daikatana is not such a bad game as u say I still don't want Romero to take part in the making of Doom 3!
And what is this bullshit about ION and ID merging?!?!?
Get it!
ID RULES!
ION SUCKS!
ID got enough exellent programmers in their team and they also got the best programmer in the world John Carmack!
Doom 3 WILL RULE!
The technology will rule anyway the gameplay is the problem that Carmack will have to overcome!

Guest Xero

Would you rather they made DooM with nintendo... yeah... i can just see fly taggart (Doom guy) wearing a red shirt and over-alls.. AAAHHHH!!!!! THE SPIDER-MIND GOT A FIRE FLOWER!!!!!... what i mean is if their going to have any out side help it should be from Ion... or ah screw it ID can pull a game out of carmack's ass and it'd rule... but i just think it should be the original crew, well maybe... damit, foregott he's name.. the lead level designer from Quake 2 might work

I don't want Romero to be involved! PERIOD!
The currect crew has even more ideas than the crew that once made Doom!
What makes u think that the current crew is worse than the old one??
Romero won't be involved in the making of Doom 3!
I suggest him to go and play Daikatana which by his words a perfect game! Ha in ur dreams SUCKER!

Guest fraggle`
Xero said:

The Johns (Romero And Carmack) are the best programers know to man (im still not getting their faces tattoo-ed on my 4$$ or anything) and if they could get together (ID and Ion) It would really rule... but i doubt they could/will its an ID only kinda thing... but if they did it would be hyped up more then it is now (i mean it would be wat EVERYONE was talking about in the gaming community) and the PS2 might be the way to go with a console version... but about the same time DooM 3 comes out so will the "Nintendo game cube" And the XBox... so as far a console BS goes they'lll have a lot of good tech to go with either way

Romero isnt a coder. Get your facts straight.