Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SoKatH

Doom ]|[ Music

I for one was really pleased to hear that Trent (Reznor) was doing the music for Doom 3. This had better work out, unlike stupid KMFDM/Prey, which I was really looking forward to that... Dammit... Even though I wasn't that impressed with Quake's music, I think Trent is gonna do a great job. I also think it would be better if someone just came around and totally redid Bobby Prince's (http://www.bpmusic.com) original music for Doom (maybe with some new stuff though). That would be excellent, I mean imagine map09 (refuelling base) redone with the actual guitars. I've been dreaming about that one since '96.

This is just an oppinion, what do you guys think? Who do you think should have done the music? What's you're favourite Doom song??

Mheh, I'm bored, entertain me.

SoKatH

Guest JudgeDooM

Refueling base is map 10!!!!

Guest Hellspawn

Map10's music with guitar sounds killer. I've tried it. Same with E1M1... they kick ass with real guitar.

Well, when the Columbine thing went down I heard on the news that they were blaming a number of musical groups, Manson, Rammstein, and KMFDM to name a few.

I can't remember too many violent KMFDM songs. Most of their music was about either drugs or sex, violence was spoken of in a grander sense such as war and domination.

Interested in what one of my favorite bands had to say I went to KMFDM.net and all that was there was a little message that they were disbanding and that they were sorry.

Well, a few months later they resurfaced as MDFMK with the hit single 'Torpedoes'. I got their new album, and like always it's really short but really good.

FYI, people have thought up over two thousand different meanings for KMFDM, the most commonplace is KILL MOTHERFUCKING DEPECHE MODE. I didn't believe that one, after all, I love Depeche Mode more than I love Nine Inch Nails. Sue me, I'm a child of the 80's. The official meaning is five German words that translate into 'No Mercy For The Masses'.

Entertained yet?

If you're curious, my favorite KMFDM song is 'Disobedience', off of the NIHIL album. The album itself has the weakest cover art, a pilgrim lookin' chick with a bee around her. The best cover they did, IMHO, is the single for the 'Son Of A Gun' single.

Watch out,
Son Of A Gun!
Super Hero Number 1!

Ahh, those wacky foreigners. They make some damn good music, but when bands like KMFDM, Moonspell, and even Die Krupps break down and start rhyming in their native language it just makes me skip tracks.

That's why they're off of the PREY soundtrack. Technically, KMFDM no longer exists.

Curiously, the guitarist for KMFDM & MDFMK is named Sasha. The main guy behind Sonic Mayhem is named Sasha. The styles of music they play are very, very similar. Is it the same guy?

YEAH MAN!!!
God I would LOVE to hear those DooM songs w/ a real guitar, and a little change to it! That would rock! {E1M1 Gates of DooM, DooM Vitory, Map10 RefulingBase, Map1 Running From Evil with guitar, and an orchestrated version of the DooM64 intro music!!!!!!!!}

deadnail said:

Thats why I posted that thing about the Media, which I got ALOT of replies to, especially you deadnail. Its a bunch of shit! That media sucks. I hate my school. I hate the News. I HATE ADULTS FROM THE AGE OF 25-DEAD BECUASE THERE DUMB!
They dont realise that Games/Movies/Music DOES NOT make poeple kill. IF ANY THING, SCHOOL DOES! I fucking get pink slipped for breaking a pencil in half, and get suspened from school for a week. >:(

Pink slipped for breaking a pencil?! How the hell did you break it, did you stab someone with it and break off the end or something?

I guess that figures. I got detention for belching once. It was my best ever, though, I gotta admit. It echoed down the hallway FIVE times. Every damn teacher stuck their head out and stared at me to see if my lungs collapsed or something.

It's kinda like when I was trying to start a fight with this one guy that called me a cocksucker behind my back. I shoved him into a wall and screaming at him to call me a cocksuker to my face. He walked away. As he was I called him a little bitch faggot so loud it echoed twice. I didn't notice but the strictest teacher was walking behind me and the principal was about ten feet away. Never got in trouble. It was cool.

You know, a couple of million people have bought Doom. They say it influences people to kill, yet the percentage of spree killers among Doom players is LOWER than the percentage of spree killers among non-Doom players. It's a release, and no matter what ignorant fuckweeds like Leiberman sez it's been scientifically proven.

Guest Ohso
Jeremy said:

Thats why I posted that thing about the Media, which I got ALOT of replies to, especially you deadnail. Its a bunch of shit! That media sucks. I hate my school. I hate the News. I HATE ADULTS FROM THE AGE OF 25-DEAD BECUASE THERE DUMB!
They dont realise that Games/Movies/Music DOES NOT make poeple kill. IF ANY THING, SCHOOL DOES! I fucking get pink slipped for breaking a pencil in half, and get suspened from school for a week. >:(

You hate everyone over 25 because they are dumb?

Well you have a little growing up to do I see.
I'm 31 and have been playing video games since 1974.
I have played practically everything both on computers and in the arcades, and I know a lot of people just like me.
We are the ORIGINAL gamers.
If you think DOOM is an action game you have obviously never seen or played Robotron.
Video games don't make people violent, but the same things have been said about everything from Rock and Roll to Television to Chocolate and Soft Drinks. There will always be people who believe things because they want to, not necessarily because there is any evidence. Get used to it, it's the way people are.
The best you can do is ignore them and do your own thing anyway, but to hate them is to be just as dumb as they are.

deadnail said:

thanks dead.. I am entertained, made me very happy,

just so you know though, sasha couldn't play a guitar if his life depended on it, he's vocals and main synth guy

and its DIS-o-BEDIANCE (where the letters in caps are to be shouted)

;->

Cheers

Guest spectre

Your in luck my friend. My band Mancubus is currently in the process of covering the song from Map 10 in Doom 2. As soon as we finish it I'll be sure and let everyone hear listen to it =) www.mp3.com/mancubus

Guest spectre
Hellspawn said:

Map10's music with guitar sounds killer. I've tried it. Same with E1M1... they kick ass with real guitar.

The Mancubus version of the map 10 song is going to tear you up! Argh just wait!

spectre said:

Your in luck my friend. My band Mancubus is currently in the process of covering the song from Map 10 in Doom 2. As soon as we finish it I'll be sure and let everyone hear listen to it =) www.mp3.com/mancubus

sweet man!! i can't wait

Guest Hellspawn

Yeah, I'd like to hear that, actually... ;)

although White Noise (my band)'s version is pretty killer, too... perhaps I should record it sometime... it'd be low quality, though...

Hellspawn said:

e1m1 of the original doom is master of puppets

Jeremy said:

Saying that the media sucks is stupid. All the PC magazines I read around the time of the shootings were of course totally against the idea that Doom, various bands, etc, had anything to do with them. I'm sure that not all papers and radio/TV stations said that they agreed with the idea either.

On the otherhand, every quote I heard from a member of the US government on the subject showed just how much THEY suck :)

BTW, apparently some organization within the gaming industry are putting together a report that shows that childrens' aggression is in fact increased by social, family and religious interaction.
No doubt no-one in the big name media companies will mention it, but just thought I'd let you know.

Guest Hellspawn
masterhassan said:

e1m1 of the original doom is master of puppets

Yep. At least, close to it. Just like Map 23 (Barrels O' Fun) is a rip off of Alice in Chains' "Them Bones" and Map 25 is a rip off of A.I.C.'s "Angry Chair". I guess that's when Bobby was listening to the "Dirt" album. ;c)

But that's alright, E1M1 rules anyway. So does Map 23 and 25.