Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

Doom 3 Graphics

I am tired of all latest games (yes including the q3 engined one)
The graphics in there SUCK!
The characters are blocky,they look cartoonish,The hair is ridicilous,everything is SO JAGGED (yes with FSAA enabled also)!
D3 engine will have to provide something new!
I want realistic graphics,realistic characters,realistic hair movements,characters movements (STV:EF anyone? hehe)
I want realism and NOT F****** unrealism!
D3 graphics will have to be something revolutianary that will differ from what we see now!
I think everyone will agree with me on that!

Dima said:

The characters are blocky,they look cartoonish,The hair is ridicilous,everything is SO JAGGED

Not to put down anything, but so was doom! LOL
And you can't compare the latest games to anything... since nothing really has better graphics than q3

Hang on a moment... what are you expecting?
With today´s hardware, you can´t go any further.
What are you expecting to see? Movie-like amount of detail??
We are a couple of years distant from that kind of technollogy (not many, maybe 8-10 years).
You´re building an enormous graphic hype lately.
You´re right, D3 would be graphically revolutionary, that´s something for sure. But let´s take your points :

1. Characters are blocky : When you buy a state-of-the-art 3D card, the box would say LOT O´ TRIANGLES PER SECOND and A BUCKET OF GIGATEXELS PER SECOND. But that´s not the reality. Those are calculation numbers, they don´t have anything to do with rendering on screen. Besides, when you combine textures & triangles, those numbers fall to a 10% each. Divide that number per 33, wich is the minimum desired framerate for the human eye.
Now you have VERY much limited resources to work on. Also, take in mind that not everyone has top line specs.

2. They look cartonish. Maybe that´s the idea. Take Oni for example.

3. The hair is ridiculous. Hair isn´t that important to spend 1000 triangles on them, combined with 30 weighted vertexes and 8000 frames of skeletal animation.

4. Jagged. Cranck up the resolution and turn off FSAA. At 1024x768 or above, pixels aren´t noted. (unless you have a 31´ monitor)

I believe that it´s more important creating a -believable- enviroment than a -realistic- one.

Ok Dima, I understand what your saying. But q3a had ground breaking graphics, BUT ITS ALLMOST 1 YEAR OLD. Games get beter everyday, different hardware amkes games look different ways. And if you did'nt already know dima, doom3 will packing an all new 3d engine, I thought there could'nt be a better engine then the q3a engine, but I was wrong.

Doom3's graphic's will be the best you ever seen. And If you dont believe me then in 1 year on doom3s release then you will believe. Just the sound of the engine makes my mouth water.

DOOMWORLD OWNS YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Guest C E L T

BLYA, TAK SAM KARMACHINA IGRAET NA SGI, BLYA ! 500000$
ESLI BY U VSEX BYLI TAKIE KOMPY, TO ARENA BYLA BY TAKAYA KAK V
PERVYX KADRAX IZ ZASTAVKI.

Perforator said:

Ok Dima, I understand what your saying. But q3a had ground breaking graphics, BUT ITS ALLMOST 1 YEAR OLD. Games get beter everyday, different hardware amkes games look different ways. And if you did'nt already know dima, doom3 will packing an all new 3d engine, I thought there could'nt be a better engine then the q3a engine, but I was wrong.

Doom3's graphic's will be the best you ever seen. And If you dont believe me then in 1 year on doom3s release then you will believe. Just the sound of the engine makes my mouth water.

DOOMWORLD OWNS YOU!!!!!!!!!!

R u a newbie or something?
Of course I know that it is a totaly new engine!
Almost all my posts talk about it!
BTW Zaldron at 1024x768 there are still jagged lines!

Zaldron said:

1)I meant to create a belivable enviroments and not realistic ones sorry I made a mistake!
2)Then why the hell should we bother buying the latest Geforce 3 card (NV 20) which is by the latest rumours will cost 800$ If none of it's power is used??
Unless the memory bottleneck problem is solved more and more powerful accelerators will be released that won't be able to hit even 40% of their potential!
I currently own a CLAP (Creative Labs Annihilator Pro) and a pentium 3 400mhz (yes that is 400 and yes it is a pentium 3) with 256mb ram (I plan to upgrade near the release of D3)
Even my cards potential is not used fully!!
Not talking about GF 2 GTS and GF 2 GTS ULTRA...

Dima said:

1)I meant to create a belivable enviroments and not realistic ones sorry I made a mistake!
2)Then why the hell should we bother buying the latest Geforce 3 card (NV 20) which is by the latest rumours will cost 800$ If none of it's power is used??
Unless the memory bottleneck problem is solved more and more powerful accelerators will be released that won't be able to hit even 40% of their potential!
I currently own a CLAP (Creative Labs Annihilator Pro) and a pentium 3 400mhz (yes that is 400 and yes it is a pentium 3) with 256mb ram (I plan to upgrade near the release of D3)
Even my cards potential is not used fully!!
Not talking about GF 2 GTS and GF 2 GTS ULTRA...

If games only ran with the very latest hardware, gamers would get even more pissed off than they're getting already with the situation.

Games should be designed to work with the oldest hardware possible, within reason of course.

Guest JudgeDooM
NiGHTMARE said:

Games should be designed to work with the oldest hardware possible, within reason of course.

If only Id could hear you...