Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

A COOL MUSIC IDEA FOR DOOM 3 !

It would be great if Trent Reznor just took the old MIDI-files from the first 2 DooM-games and just rearranged them.. Give them a new high-tech sound... Example : The song from Map30 in DooM 2. Imagine that with some heavy metal-guitars in the background !!!

That's just fuckin' great man...

Guest Johnny Kaos

I think the old music should be used and re-done too.

As for it being trent...I dont really know him at all.
I dont listen to that kinda music. I'm into rap(hip-hop). but if you guys say he's good, I guess so.

If they dont use the orignal music. they could always do like they do in a lotta games(FF series, diablo 1/2, castlevania series) and thrughout the new soundtrack you can hear hints of the old original tracks.

Guest Johnny kaos

you guys ever listen to the MP2's ?

Johnny kaos said:

you guys ever listen to the MP2's ?

And what about Bobby Prince's MP3's?
I managed to get copies before they were taken down months ago. I have the full soundtrack of MP3's and MP2's (the mp2's are just the ones Bobby Prince hasn't yet remixed).

Guest Johnny Kaos

feel like sendin them my way?

Heh, not a chance!

I'm only on a 56k, and I have a major assignment over the next few days.

The MP3's used to be on mp3.com, but they took them down because MP3.com decided, for some weird reason, that Bobby Prince didn't have the right to the music he himslef composed. Maybe they will see the light one day and let him put them back up. Anyone know what's been going on with this situation as of late?

I fully agree that the classic Doom tunes should make a reappearance, but I hope Reznor isn't limited to only that. I have a feeling he will be able to pull this off quite well now that he has time to do so.

I am absolutely sick of the original DOOM music. It wasn't good music, anyway. Besides, what's to rearrange? You could make a few rearrangements to each of themes from Map03, Map04, Map06, Map07, Map08, Map10, and they could end up bring the same song. I mean, these are basically the same songs, with a few instrument and rhythm changes.

Guest DavoMan

Bobby Prince's mp3s of the Doom music were a load of shit.
His soundcard was crap.
davoman@ihug.co.nz

email me if you's want a good synth mp3 of the doom music.
my awe64 midi sounds better than those mp3s..

and don't remix the doom music, remixes are always shit.
there was some new zealand band that preformed the doom soundtrack live. i'm trying to find out more about that...

Blub!!

DavoMan said:

and don't remix the doom music, remixes are always shit.

Not really. If you mean when they make metal songs into MIDI-sounding techno, like For Whom The Bell Tolls (Metallica/Spawn) then yeah, but in the case of something like NIN, the remixes make a few of the songs listenable (although a few of them are worse than the originals [if you can possibly imagine that]). Remix doesn't mean just adding a bunch of fake drums at 300 BPM, it's any type of musical rearrangement at all. There are some heavy metal remixes of other weaker songs that sound great, and the other way around. Overall I agree, most remixers don't have much musical talent, but there are good ones out there.

AndrewB said:

I am absolutely sick of the original DOOM music. It wasn't good music, anyway. Besides, what's to rearrange? You could make a few rearrangements to each of themes from Map03, Map04, Map06, Map07, Map08, Map10, and they could end up bring the same song. I mean, these are basically the same songs, with a few instrument and rhythm changes.

I guess u havent ever listened to the DooM music with the real sound. Those examples arent like eachother at all!