Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Perforator

New pistol idea.

Ok one of the best pistols on the planet is a desert eagle. Ive used them in tones of games and they fuck your opponet up. Imagin it in doom3, you start out with standard bullets, and as you go along you find hollow tips, or find a knife and make your own hollow tipes.

Think new weapon models, im pretty sure that by 2060 there will be a pistol even better than the desert eagle.
Expand on your idea, maybe a design based on the desert eagle. Could incorporate some new technology like a mechanism to reduce recoil or something.
Maybe it would have lots of modulability - can do lots of things with it. Maybe it has a grappling hook, maybe it has shaped-charge explosive bullets which do double damage.

Be creative, dont take common things into a futuristic setting. The M1911 is a good weapon but it simply doesnt fit into a newer game like duke3d or quake (or doom for that matter). Even the military has made it obsolete with the .45cal Beretta (it has 15 round capacity and is really small).

You wont find an m-16 in doom because even that will be obsolete in the real world soon (probably by the OICW). Missile Launchers probably wont be single-shot like a LAW rocket, but clip fed or chain-fed like quake 2s (someone said the Resident Evil RL used clips).

While old technology is still effective and can do the job, it is crude and inefficient. Hitting a baron of hell with a 3000lb car would probably kill it, but how efficient is a car to say, a bfg?

Higher Tech = smaller weapons (not neccicarily more powerful). Just because something is high tech doesnt mean that it is better than anything before it. The 16 inch guns on a battleship can still probably do as much damage as a cruise missile (1000lb warhead, not a nuke), but cruise missiles are better to use because they are more efficient.
A Thermonuclear warhead is still unrivaled in power but has absolutly no sense of precision that a 40-ton yeild compact atomic bomb could have, or the same effect as a neutron bomb could have.

Why is it that a Desert Eagle is always portrayed as a perfect Magnum pistol?

Here we go. A Desert Eagle is manufactured in the middle east. It's a six pound pistol that can fire .357, .44, .440 (WOW!), or .50 AE Magnum rounds. One shot from a .44 Magnum will blow right through a truck engine, and the .440 and .50 are much more powerful rounds. The Desert Eagle also has a gasoline engine inside that reduces kickback, similar in concept but different in design from a Colt M-16.

The M-16 is already dead, BTW, the M-4 looks just like it but can be customized 500% more. :)

Just remember, a Desert Eagle won't fire underwater and it's not the only Magnum semi-automatic pistol on the market!

The Desert Eagle .357 model holds 9 rounds a clip (OpFor got this wrong), while the Glock 31C .357 Magnum pistol holds a full 15 (on a preban clip, anyhow).

Plus, the Glock is more resistant to jams, won't rust (assuming you don't have your Desert Eagle coated with titanium for the price of another G31C), and will fire underwater.

The only thing a Desert Eagle really has is the fact that it just looks cool as Hell. A Desert Eagle .440 with a scope would be a really kickass sniper weapon.

Of course, these are just brute force handguns. They can't compare to, say, the FN Five-seveN. The FN holds 20 rounds per clip of 5.7x28mm ammunition. Each ball point bullet can plow through 28 layers of kevlar bullet proof armor (cops wear 17 layer, I believe), a car door, or a solid titanium bullet proof helmet. There's half as much kickback as a 9mm pistol and it's very, very accurate.

Get that with a 3 shot burst fire mode and who needs a Magnum? :)

As for the rocket launcher talk, Resident Evil 3 has a weapon called the "M.Thrower". It's about the size of a shotgun, same width, but about five times taller. The weapon holds a magazine the size of three jewel cases that holds five little rockets. The weapon's size is mostly spent on the aiming mechanism for the rockets so they home in. The missles also have to travel at least ten feet before they'll detonate, otherwise they'll just hammer through the target. Better than exploding in your face, through. :)

While I agree that the Desert Eagle is a beautiful and powerful-assed gun that is basically a piece of eye-candy (that, granted, can rip through a cinderblock or two), in my oppinion, it's all about the Glocks. Yes, they're not as pretty, yes they're not as powerful (namely, because most of them are not magnums, although Glock has started manufacturing those), but hell, those things fire underwater, they don't jam (if not at all, very little) namely because instead of being made out of steel, they're made out of a lighter/stronger-than-steel polymer. Those things are unblelievably versatile. Most law enforcement agencies, including the FBI now have them equipped as the standard sidearm, those things are the wave of the future, but of course, for raping ass, a magnum is always fun as hell...

S./

If there not going to include the ever famious rockey launcher, iD needs to put that grunade launcher from terminator 2, remember the gun he blows up all them cop cars with after shoting the gatlen gun, the bullets looked like the slugs for the rail gun in quake 2, and it look like a singal barrel shot gun( with a hug ass barrel compaired to a shotgun.)

Guest TossMonkey
sirgalahadwizar said:

I'm gonna stay away from you deadnail you know too much about guns.

Perforator said:

If there not going to include the ever famious rockey launcher, iD needs to put that grunade launcher from terminator 2, remember the gun he blows up all them cop cars with after shoting the gatlen gun, the bullets looked like the slugs for the rail gun in quake 2, and it look like a singal barrel shot gun( with a hug ass barrel compaired to a shotgun.)

Why the hell would you want something so inefficient in a fast paced military force?

Why, just becuase it looks good?
A chain-fed grenade launcher like the one on quake2 would not only do more damage but it would probably be semi-automatic (or even fully automatic).

No reloading involved, just point and shoot like any other gun (except for the fact that the slug travels slow enough to be seen and arcs)

SoKatH said:

While I agree that the Desert Eagle is a beautiful and powerful-assed gun that is basically a piece of eye-candy (that, granted, can rip through a cinderblock or two), in my oppinion, it's all about the Glocks. Yes, they're not as pretty, yes they're not as powerful (namely, because most of them are not magnums, although Glock has started manufacturing those), but hell, those things fire underwater, they don't jam (if not at all, very little) namely because instead of being made out of steel, they're made out of a lighter/stronger-than-steel polymer. Those things are unblelievably versatile. Most law enforcement agencies, including the FBI now have them equipped as the standard sidearm, those things are the wave of the future, but of course, for raping ass, a magnum is always fun as hell...

S./

What I was saying originally was that you probably wouldnt have anything used that exists today (at least model wise).

Even a glock can be improved upon.

I imagine some kind of pistol similar to the one the have in UT, it looks awful high tech and awful high calabre. And who cares about modularabilty, its probably made of some kind of really light alloy anywayz.

Guest Johnny Kaos
TossMonkey said:

I'm gonna stay away from you deadnail you know too much about guns.

what the hell ever...

you get a weak hand gun in the game and thats all.

why waste your time trying to figure what will be better. it'll still be weapon number 1 on the list....next to your melee weapon[fist/saw]

Its not like you'll have to many jamming problems in the game, is it.

my fucking keyboard is fucked up

Guest Heresiarch
Johnny Kaos said:

what the hell ever...

you get a weak hand gun in the game and thats all.

why waste your time trying to figure what will be better. it'll still be weapon number 1 on the list....next to your melee weapon[fist/saw]

Its not like you'll have to many jamming problems in the game, is it.

my fucking keyboard is fucked up

maybe glock or colt.