Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jadar

Weapons in D3

Guest Jadar

IF DooM III doesn't have reload I aint buying it. I want a good kill all the badies in the room game but do it in a stratigic HL fasion. And no stupid weapons like freeze guns or microwave rays, I would like to see weapons along the fasion of Blood one. Voodoo weapons like the staff and a good ol' rusty sawed-off. A tommygun would kick ass. Also it would be a nice touch to akimbo some weapons (but give a choice to akimbo or not(unlike in Blood2)), even better to combine weapons, hold an uzi in one hand and a be tossing grenades in the other.

We want this to be orginal, like doom was. No goddamn voodoo weapons, reloading is ok. And I would love it if multiplayer had a akimbo power up, that would be phuqing awesome.

Guest Jadar
Perforator said:

We want this to be orginal, like doom was. No goddamn voodoo weapons, reloading is ok. And I would love it if multiplayer had a akimbo power up, that would be phuqing awesome.

I don't want exact replicas of Blood's weapons but they should have something if your fighting in Hell...

Guest sGtSKidZo

They should keep the handgun, shotgun, machinegun and rocketlauncher, the rest can be voodoo'ish or demon'ish as you want to make them.

We had many discussions about the new Doom weapons here, we talked about the futuristic and realistic style aspects of the Doom arsenal, about balance or qualifying, weapon upgrades and different ammuniations, there where good ideas and bad ideas and original ideas...and no you come along with the suggestion to port some Blood style weapons into Doom3...naaa, not interesting.

Perforator said:

Are you crazy man?
Reloading in DooM???
I hate HL because of the reloading of the weapons... And in DooM the case would be much worse! Consider you are in front of hundreds of shotgun guys, you have the shotgun and you begin to reload. After you did it you would be almost dead... The only game the reloading was made a bit more acceptable was SOF... But I can't imagine DooM with those weapons, and more, I can't imagine reloading the weapons in DooM-it wouldn't be DooM anymore(the only weapon the rel is acceptable with is the super shotgun...)

Psyonisis said:

Why the hell is everyone always using my face?!

If u didn't have the coolest face on these forums, that wouldn't happen =)

Guest JudgeDooM

NO! no tommygun in Doom 3, it belongs to the 30's. Anyone imagine the futuristic Doomguy runing with a rusty ol' tommygun in his hands ={ !! As for the relaoding, I'm ok with it, but I hope it won't be as ridiculous as SoF (although it's fast).
BTW, welcome to the D3 forums!

Guest nihility
sGtSKidZo said:

They should keep the handgun, shotgun, machinegun and rocketlauncher, the rest can be voodoo'ish or demon'ish as you want to make them.

bah.. no voodooish weapons or holy staffs guys.. that crap is for Heretic/Hexen style games.. Doom wasn't a medeival magical world of spells and fairies.. They should have really really nice versions of the classic DoomII weaps, and add like, 1 or 2 new ones.. All techno-style guns.. Doom didn't have any magical orbs or staffs, and its good that they didnt..

Guest elyuca

Doom is not about being "realistic" technically. HL is, but not doom, thats why it has reloading. Doom is about action:
1. give me a room full of monsters
2. give me a big gun to take care of #1
Thats what made doom great, basically

As for the weapons, there should be a shitload of them, people dont use the numbers 1-9 anymore, people use x for going forward, z and c for strafing, alt for going backwards, and ctrl for crouching, and the keys arround it for weapons, which means that you have:
Shift - Basic gun, Handgun
Q - (no ammo) Fist/Boot/use shotgun as beating stick (hehe)
A - Shotgun - double barrel, sawed off, elephant shotgun
S - Machine Gun
D - Rocket Launcher
F - Some futuristic crap like plasma, or telsa coil gun
V - Railgun, of course, with sniper capabilities
G - Proximity mine/Grenade/Napalm/bomb launcher
W - some antichrist demonic satanic upside down cross looking thingy that shoots out little devils that kamikazee against any life form in front of them - even you.
E - Holy lord from heaven shining above demon repulsifier
R - Some kind of Meelee weapon with spikes and chains, and spinning saws and drills
T - Grappling hook, can be used as weapon too, ouch
Y - flame thrower/Napalm combination
H - "get the enemy on your side" gun, effect would wear off after a while though
N - Akimbo toggle key, use different wepons on wach hand, and maybe some weapons work better when combined. eg. combine the demonic weapon with the holy one and you can have a mini apocalypse going to your foe
B - Can you say BFG? How about BFG20k?