Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WolfenDoom

Photo quality

Guest WolfenDoom

Do you think that it the power of 3d cards doubling every 6 months, id software will be able to make Doom 3 completely photo realistic, you know, with everything looking like real life?

Do u want a scary game or real enviroments?
Why do u need real enviroments if this is Doom?
If u want real enviroments go outside!
We don't need photorealistic textures we NEED AN INCREDUBLY SCARY GAME WITH INCREDUBLE GRAPHICS!
I can ASSURE u that Doom 3 graphics will be REVOLUTIANARY but not photorealistic simply because it is not the aime of the game!
No one right now can imagine how INCREDUBLE will the game look!
The engine is written from scratch for the first time since Quake!!!
I am sure that the game will be unlike anything we've ever seen!
I proved my point here!
Anyone care to backup me?

Hey Dima... relax... I think he meant it in another way... With "graphics looking like as in real life" he probably means that everything looks super-real... As if it was really happening... I don't think he means that he would like to see real life environments...

thanks... C ya

Dima said:

Do u want a scary game or real enviroments?
Why do u need real enviroments if this is Doom?
If u want real enviroments go outside!
We don't need photorealistic textures we NEED AN INCREDUBLY SCARY GAME WITH INCREDUBLE GRAPHICS!
I can ASSURE u that Doom 3 graphics will be REVOLUTIANARY but not photorealistic simply because it is not the aime of the game!
No one right now can imagine how INCREDUBLE will the game look!
The engine is written from scratch for the first time since Quake!!!
I am sure that the game will be unlike anything we've ever seen!
I proved my point here!
Anyone care to backup me?

I agree, it should not be photo realistic. Look at max payne, yes it looks good buts to goddamn blocky, i want to see fucking curved surfaces (not saying just because one company does it shit doesnt mean it cant be done better.) And photo realistic, yeah humans look real and monsters look computer animated (they would still look kick ass) that would be fucking gay, and be unrealistic (damn i need to learn how to spell that word). Look how many movies use computer animated monsters and it looks incredibly fake (but hearing that it has revalutionary graphics, who knows). Look at goldeneye 64 (n64 sucks ass why even compair this) used real looking faces, but doing that the hair would be blocky, we need indaviduile hairs, no more fucking hat looking shit, and ading real looking hairs to a photo face in my mind sees freaking hard a hell. But what do I know, Im just now learning how to make maps after 7 years of trying, dont know how to modle, mabye iD could pull it off, But the monsters on the other hand, uuuhhhh <----confusion.

Disorder said:

Hey Dima... relax... I think he meant it in another way... With "graphics looking like as in real life" he probably means that everything looks super-real... As if it was really happening... I don't think he means that he would like to see real life environments...

thanks... C ya

I'm with you on that. The more real it feels, the better. I hope i can afford a pair of good vr-glasses befor d3 comes out, but i ned a new computer first =( Imagine playing doom3 for the first time with super smooth max detail graphix, 3d sound and nothing to distract ya.

/me drools

Guest WolfenDoom
Disorder said:

thanks... C ya

Thats exactly what I mean!
Everything looking perfectly detailed, with extremely realistic fur on the imps with real blood splurting out of the monsters veins, and seriously realistic fireballs being fired from them. The environments, would be the same as from the other dooms, but made so graphically detailed, that it looks like it is almost real video fotage, except that it looks nothing like any area you would see in real like, and retaining that same doom feel.
Know what I mean?

ok ok got ya!
If u describe it this way then I am with u!
We need incredubly scary enviroments with terrifying creatures that once made Doom so cool!
And we will definetly get all of this (Carmack stated that the current team at ID is the strongest they ever had)!
And even without Paul Steed who cares?
For example the recent demo of Q3 Team Arena included MUCH better looking and moving characters than in Q3 and they weren't animated by Paul Steed!
There are 2 games that raised the bar for action:
1)Halflife (I don't know why but if it did then...)
2)Nolf (Some new refreshing ideas... and I liked it more than HL)
There is also DX and some more but the main games are the 2 I listed above!
I am sure D3 will ROCK BIG TIME!!!!!!!!
The question is when will it come out?
or at least a screenshot (unfortunately we will have to wait a year or so to see anything at all)!

Guest Jadar

Graphics can't be made photo-realistic yet. All the videos and movies you see are carefully planed...

Guest elyuca
Perforator said:

hey, calm down, using all those cuss words only makes you sound stupid. John Carmack said it was all going to be bump mapped, so you can just guess that its going to look something like... I dont know, Riven in realtime? ok, maybe not that good, but think about it: Doom came out in 93, quake2 came out in 97, thats 4 years difference, and look at how much the graphics improved. 97 + another four years gives you 2001/2002, right arround when D3 is expected to come out, so just imagine the graphics improvement.

Perforator said:

Maybe, but look at the graphics of Shenmue. I was amazed to see how detailed everything was. And to think of how much things can improve from now until Doom 3's release.

Guest Greeny
DiSTuRBeD said:

I'm with you on that. The more real it feels, the better. I hope i can afford a pair of good vr-glasses befor d3 comes out, but i ned a new computer first =( Imagine playing doom3 for the first time with super smooth max detail graphix, 3d sound and nothing to distract ya.

/me drools

I dont mind doom3 having quake3 graphics (with improvements of course) im getting a 1 ghz and i dont fancy
having to update me 3d too.