Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest elyuca

Weapons, look!

Guest elyuca

Doom is not about being "realistic" technically. HL is, but not doom, thats why it has reloading. Doom is about action:
1. give me a room full of monsters
2. give me a big gun to take care of #1
Thats what made doom great, basically

As for the weapons, there should be a shitload of them, people dont use the numbers 1-9 anymore, people use x for going forward, z and c for strafing, alt for going backwards, and ctrl for crouching, and the keys arround it for weapons, which means that you have:
Shift - Basic gun, Handgun
Q - (no ammo) Fist/Boot/use shotgun as beating stick (hehe)
A - Shotgun - double barrel, sawed off, elephant shotgun
S - Machine Gun
D - Rocket Launcher
F - Some futuristic crap like plasma, or telsa coil gun
V - Railgun, of course, with sniper capabilities
G - Proximity mine/Grenade/Napalm/bomb launcher
W - some antichrist demonic satanic upside down cross looking thingy that shoots out little devils that kamikazee against any life form in front of them - even you.
E - Holy lord from heaven shining above demon repulsifier
R - Some kind of Meelee weapon with spikes and chains, and spinning saws and drills
T - Grappling hook, can be used as weapon too, ouch
Y - flame thrower/Napalm combination
H - "get the enemy on your side" gun, effect would wear off after a while though
N - Akimbo toggle key, use different wepons on wach hand, and maybe some weapons work better when combined. eg. combine the demonic weapon with the holy one and you can have a mini apocalypse going to your foe
B - Can you say BFG? How about BFG20k

Here is my list of ideas, as i have already stated before :

1 hand (both hands punch and when you crouch you can uppercut
the enemy) / than either a chainsaw or an axe or whatever you find laying around you can pick up and wack,smash, or throw at whoever
2. desert eagle like in doom 64
2. shotgun (with reloading animation)
3. super shotgun (with reloading animation)
4. machinegun (maybe like the one on the title screen of doom1)
5. chaingun (spin up and spin down delay)
6. grenade launcher
7. rocket launcher
8. plasma gun
9. railgun
10. bfg11k (cant be like q3 one the q3 bfg sucked ass)
11. doom64 demon laser (Can be upgradable with the demon keys)
12. some anti-christ weapon like you were talking about which can spew out lost souls (has to be hidden well in a secret level, maybe in the icon of sins head after you beat him like in my secret icon of sin ressurection level i talked about before if any of you remember it)
13. maybe hand grenades, i don't know how they would work in doom but its well worth a try

No akimbo, please, akimbo makes it feel too much like goldeneye,
the grappling hook could be used maybe in a capture the flag mod for it, but not in singleplayer.

Please include the option to use cd audio as well.

And if they gonna do a secret wolfenstien level, take one of the ones from the new wolfenstien game and just convert it into doom3, and convert the ss model from it as well,or whatever else.

That stuff IMO would make doom the shit (good shit) :)

Guest JudgeDooM

I want the old weaponry of Doom II back, I think it's perfectly balanced, though some think that Q3 armory is better balanced. Plus some other, new ones, and please JC, include the rocket launcher. I can't imagine a Doom game without it. But in general, I'd like some real-life firearms, and that can be upgradable and all, if possible, with an alt-fire.
Here are my ideas: (normal weapon/upgrade)
1.fist/chainsaw
2.Pistols:Glock 17/Desert Eagle .50AE
3.Shotguns:Mossberg 500 or Benelli M3 S90 or Fabarm SDASS Tactical or SPAS-12/Double-barrell shotgun
4.Machine gun:one of the H&K mp5 series/Gatling gun: the one from General Electric
5.Assault Rifle:Colt M4A1 or SIG SG 550 (or FASS 90, to make it short :)/Sniper Rifle:Sako TRG-41
6.Rocket Launcher/Grenade Launcher
6.Plasma gun/BFG 9000-Mark 2

Guest elyuca

Bunch of numbers and letters after weapon names makes the weapons sound too militaristic. They should be half futuristic, half demonic

elyuca said:

Doom is not about being "realistic" technically. HL is, but not doom, thats why it has reloading. Doom is about action:1. give me a room full of monsters2. give me a big gun to take care of #1Th

Too many weapons takes the fun out of the game! First of all i'd sit there, scratching my head looking at all the 4,000 weapons you described, and then learning each of their 24 functions. Then i'll sit there and figure out some system of gun racks to carry all the 4,000 guns (with ammo, mind you). I can already hear the doom 3 guy sahing ::huff, puff:: "Man i'm so f***ing tired carrying around all these guns!"

Then after i start playing the damn thing I can picture myself sitting at my monitor getting torn to pieces by an imp trying to decide whether i should use the rocket launcher for maximum splatter, the grappling hook so i can tie the bastard to a wall and kick him in the nuts, or the "antichrist demonic satanic upside own cross looking thingy" because i wanna look cool in front of my friends.

Second there's the problem with the letters, i'm never gonna remember them! Numbers 1-9 (or maybe 0) will do just fine. And a cycle up, and cycle functions to assign to keys like in quake and duke would be nice.

Being a bit presumptuous aren't we? I personally use the mouse for foward, < and > to strafe, / to reverse, M to jump, N to duck... etc. The point is, you have to think of all possible controller setups before you decide how you want to arrange the keys. It is standard if not expected that all weapons in FPS's be assigned to the numerical keys. And the ability to switch foward or backwards in theweapon list with the push of a key has also become standard. Let's try not to confuse people who want the same setup for all their games, by throwing in a big difference like that.

Guest Jadar

I'm boycotting if they put another fucking railgun in...

Guest Doom4Ever

i say amen. a first person shooter can never have too many weapons. i am bores with the standard 9 or less. lets get crazy with our ideas. we have a double barrel shotgun now how bout a double barrel rocket launcher? a super duper fast chain gun perhaps? i want weapons that totally gooify my enemies, now that would be sweet.

Check out the NoEscape Powerweapons modification for Q3A, they have a double barrelled rocketlauncher and more funny stuff like that.

Yeah, but lets not get carried away like they did with FAKK2 (it sucks by the way, game balance is total shit).

Well, personally I think the weapons should look kinda like the ones they have in SiN, they look pretty high tech (at least from the dt-sin.zip, I havent actually played SiN).

BTW: I still use 1-9 for weapons; use arrow keys for turning and movement (combined with the shift key); and use the mouse for strafing (combined with shift and arrowkeys), shooting, and fine aiming (especially with mlook!)

* No sniper guns!
* High tech shotguns, no breech loading crap
* No demonic weapons to throw the plot of the game!
* No grungy melee weapons (they have to be built high quality and for battle, none of this throwtogether junkyard crap)
* No flamethower, has no effect on demons (except to make them dangerous to get near or touch because they will now be on fire)
* No mind-control devices, some monsters may be slightly friendly anyway (or fiendly!)
* No Akimbo, Flynn Taggart is not superman, and akimbo has really shitty accuracy
* Need multiple types of BFG

Jadar said:

I'm boycotting if they put another fucking railgun in...

So you loose with the railgun, hm? Ok, it hasn´t to be a Q2/Q3 style railgun, but at least a weapon with a)high accuracy, b)low rate of fire, and c) a visible projectile trail, that you can optimize your aiming, and in multiplayer it´s an anti-camp feature (because the trail is telling you the shooter´s location).
Instead of a railgun it could be some kind of bolt gun or high energy pulse gun. But without a weapon with those qualities it would be damn boring.

sirgalahadwizar said:

< No sniper guns! > ok, I don´t really need it, but on the other hand I also don´t hate it
< High tech shotguns, no breech loading crap > Please not both high tech! One high tech and one Doom-style, evil, oldfashioned, brachial shotgun with wooden stock!
< No demonic weapons to throw the plot of the game! > ok
< No grungy melee weapons (they have to be built high quality and for battle, none of this throwtogether junkyard crap) > Doom isn´t twinkling scifi high tech, I want at least a dirty rusty chainsaw-like weapon
< No flamethower, has no effect on demons (except to make them dangerous to get near or touch because they will now be on fire)< Why do bullets have effect on demons? At least a flamethrower is very usefull against zombies!
< No mind-control devices, some monsters may be slightly friendly anyway (or fiendly!)> You ´re right with this.
< No Akimbo, Flynn Taggart is not superman, and akimbo has really shitty accuracy > ok
< Need multiple types of BFG > Types? Bettter multiple functions and / or upgrades.

Guest Direwolf
MACVILEWHORE said:

I think the weapons should look realistic somewhat like half-life of course having a hell of a lot better looking graphics or poly count! Which Doom 3 will have

Keep around 10 weapons in the game yet have 4 or 5 different settings for each weapon somewhat like gunman chronicals yet let these settings for Doom 3's weaponry be a hell of a lot better.
In which each weapon would be like four or five weapons in one.
Now for one major thing is the shotguns.. the regular and super shotgun, these should have a fantastic look and awesome sound since I know all of you loved the shotgun in the past Doom games. I mean you use it 30% of the time since the shotguns have good longrange and close range accuracy and power. Hence regular shotgun good long range capability and super shotgun for up close and messy fun :). But I would like to see realistic weapons yet have as everyone else said at least one or two demon or sci fi weapons that the Doom guy aka fly taggart will pick up during the game progress. Well check you all out later...

Guest machinegt

I want a weapon in there called a Black Hole Generator. Basically it shoots out a BFG sized ball, but its black since its a black hole. And since a black hole has huge gravity effects, around the black hole you see a funky twisting and swirling of environment graphics bending around the black ball. Any enemy that is in its proximity as it flies past gets sucked in! and then when it hits a wall it explodes and lets loose all the blood and gibs of all the enemies it sucked in!!

I think a sniper weapon is something alot of people would like, whether it be a rail gun or some kind of other sniper rifle.

Frankly i'm getting tired of a single pistol type deal, what good is a .45 auto with 9mm bullets against a damn cyberdemon? yah it might be fun to circle strafe his dumb ass but i don't want to take forever taking him down!

Ever since i saw the movie Predator (part 1) that scene where the black guy picks up his fallen comrade (jesse ventura) 's gatling gun and fucking mows the jungle down with it i have fallen in love with the gatling gun. The one in Quake 2 was pretty cool but it didn't sound menacing, I personallly hated the weak "spitting" sound of bullet fire in Quake 2. Listen to the sound of the scene in Predator with the gatling gun, that is how that gun should sound!

The farmboy double barreled shotgun was always fun to run up to an imp and fucking blow him 50 feet backwards from a point blank shot. And that gun was the ultimate cut down in the old days of multiplayer doom2 @turbo 250, running around and cutting a person down with a double barreled in one shot was fuckin skill.

You know what? the plasma gun from Quake3 sucks asssss. Even though it fires pretty fast it is nowhere near the rate of fire of the doom plasma gun, that old plasma gun created a damn wall of electro fire that nobody could get through.

another fun thing from doom? the ole BEZERK!!!!! seeing that animation of a body turning into a blood red explosion of seperating gibs and blood falling after u decked someone in the face with ur fist was like candy.

We can't have doom stray away from its original theme and go to some new type of game that is too simulation like, the basic of doom was tapping your fight or flight instinct. Remember those rooms where all the lights would go out and u heard tons of imps clawing ur ass all around u!!! that was some scary shit. I hate the dimly lit levels throught quake1 and quake2, too much of one light level is boring. Go from: oh i feel pretty safe to lights are off and i'm about to get fucked by demons.

I think id Software should go study about some stuff on human fear so they make doom3 the ultimate experience in human fear. so fucking scary u will shit in ur pants while playing. it should be all about fear and fighting your way out of a desperate situation that u feel u can never make it out of.

i definately will be dissapointed if all doom3 is , is a technological showing of a new 3d engine. it must be psychologically damaging!!!!!!!!!! i want it to let players to experience fear like no fear has ever been channeled through this medium. it just had better be fucking scary.

Guest flakmagnet
Direwolf said:

snipers? i hate little wuss babies who camp and take pot shots, the first time i ever get shot by one, i use the rest of the game to hunt them down, nothing puts a bigger grin on my face than running up behind a sniper who is too busy paying attention to getting cheap frags and stick a shotgun in his back and pull the trigger... so either way about sniper weapon i will be happy.
the only weapons that i would like to see is:

doom2 chainsaw, but better graphics
doom2 double barrel shotgun, better graphics

the rest can be whatever hi-tech-super-fraging-laser-guided-8-differt-ways-to-fire-nuclear-warheaded bullcrap they come up with..

and what kind of melee weapon is that in q3? a damn tazer?

been wanting to post in one of these 100s of weapons post, this was the closest to top, so it got the post.

my .02

Guest elyuca
machinegt said:

Actually, and theorically, a black hole woould be invisible since it absorbs light arround it, all you would see is the sitortion of light

Guest dmddoug

Personally i'd like to see an ax. You could hack off limbs and stuff depending on where you hit. That'd be cool.

Guest superunknown26
elyuca said:

Bunch of numbers and letters after weapon names makes the weapons sound too militaristic. They should be half futuristic, half demonic

Just as long as there IS a shotgun... I think that was most of the game's personality right there...