Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EllipsusD

Enough to make me cry...

There has been so much talk recently of the Doom 3 forum at Stomped.com... so I decided to check it out. It feels like the ignorance is contagous. What they are discussing now, we had finished discussing more than 3000 posts ago. And somebody said iD was looking at that site? This truly is enough to make me cry. I shudder to think what Doom will turn out like if iD listens to those dunder-heads.

I said it in Stomped and I'll say it here, things are gonna get unpleasant, and then Jeremy will further have the opportunity to show his inability to spell, type or think coherently.

S./

SoKatH said:

I said it in Stomped and I'll say it here, things are gonna get unpleasant, and then Jeremy will further have the opportunity to show his inability to spell, type or think coherently.S./

What? Jesus! Stop picking on me! I only posted there four times, NOT ALL IN A ROW EITHER, and its a forum! Why the hell should I have to spell correctly!? Think coherently...Well, there cant be much wrong with the fact that we came from mars billions of years ago, and the world is going to end in 2005 :P

Okay Jeremy, you want to be more popular on these forums? Here's a few tips:

1. Make your messages easier to read with more carraige returns. I'm on a high res and I don't like reading huge paragraphs that eat up line after line.

2. Spelling isn't that important, just so long as it's basically readable. I'll admit some of your posts looked like they completely lacked proofreading. Just skim through it before you hit post and fix any glaring errors. We are not Grammar professors in here, well I'm not at least as you can tell by this double negative and run on sentence, but when you type 'fucken' it just reflects poorly on you.

3. Lay off the doomsday armageddon bullshit that you bought into. Posting your Doom related site updates is a little bit of a stretch for a Doom 3 forum, but all of this Jesus was a rabit ferret and we came from Mars and the world is gonna end in five years shit is just tiring.

By the way, the Earth isn't several hundred million years old, closer to a hundred thousand years. If you do a little research on the falters of carbon dating and how there has *never* been a missing link found, the whole theory of Evolution is just totally bullshit and I have to go by what the Bible says.

Don't bring up Archeopteryx either, that was a fraud and I've seen it faked myself!

There.

That's said.

Wait, didn't I just say this should be kept for Doom 3 related information?

Well fuck.

Guest Spectre

Carbon dating is only accurate for material that gets its carbon from the air, and that has been around for the last few tens of thousands of years (up to around 50,000 years ago I think). Anything before that we have evidence of existing, but we can only estimate dates.

The earth is much, much older than only a 100,000 years. Evidence? How about those extinct creatures we have labeled as "dinosaurs."

Actually, about 100,000 years ago is when humans became nomads and developed the hunter-gatherer relationship.

As for the theory of evolution, it is far from being bullshit. We are evolving as we speak, but it just happens so incredibly slow that we can't notice it. Life is in a constant state of change. There is evidence that the earliest stage of humans (called the Aboreal stage I believe) had 5 "graspers." Two hands, two feet (which were like hands, because the big toe was more towards the "inside" of the foot, making it like a thumb), and a tail. Just look at any modern human skeleton, at the end of the vertebae. It looks amazingly similar to the end of any mammal's vertebrae that has a tail.

The most notable evidence of recent human evolution is that some humans are now capable of consuming lactose. I know it sounds funny, but humans have only been capable of drinking milk and eating milk products since the domestication of cattle. And in case you didn't already know, breast milk does NOT contain lactose.

By no means am I an expert on this stuff, but I have taken several college classes that have dealt with natural history.

Before you pass something off as being "bullshit," I suggest you research into it more. Hell, just go to the Museum of Natural History, walk around and read. And then, even if you don't want to believe it, at least keep an open mind about it.

deadnail said:

Whoah! deadnail, I didn't picture you as a creationist. Glad to know I am not the only one here.

And Jeremy, he's right. Most if not all of us don't really care if anyone's grammar is perfect, but it should still be coherent. You don't have to spell everything right, (God know's I can't spell very well at all), but at least look over your message before you post it.

Just some friendly advise.

Spectre said:

Hey man, I used to study evolution and dinosaurs all my life until I was 16. It was at that point I began reading several theories and articles and something just didn't add up right.

They find a creature that looks like it belongs on this thread of an evolutionary chain, and at this point in time. Later on, they realize that putting it there fucked up something else, so they move it and change the dates as they please.

Evolutional theory is all a matter of moving around things and putting dates on it that seem to fit with current scientific standards. If it doesn't fit, fuck with it until it does.

That's bullshit.

I won't believe it until I have some diamond HARD proof of it, not a bunch of assholes that shift things around until it looks right.

I have studied it quite a bit. There's quite a few good articles on creationism vs evolution on the 'net. Search a few, and try to find one that just doesn't laugh at the concept of a God. Read one that scientifically favors creationism, and rips into evolution and what a guessing game it really is.

Guest Spectre

Trust me, I've read plenty, and I read more every day. Actually, nowadays I actually read essays and study them for fun (see how much school fucks up your head, haha).

Ok, about the "diamond HARD" proof you're after...Why is it that you need hardcore, factual proof to believe in evolution, but you don't need such proof to believe in creation? This is a question I have pondered for years, not about you of course, but of all creationists.

We shouldn't ever get on this subject again in this forum, I enjoy arguing over it too much, lol.

Guest deimos
deadnail said:

6,000 - Beginning of Recorded History
10,000 - Beginning of Holocene Epoch (End of Last Glacial Advance)
2.0 Million yrs. - Beginning of Pleistocene Epoch
65 Million yrs. - Beginning of Cenozoic Era
245 Million yrs. - Beginning of Mesozoic Era
545 Million yrs. - Beginning of Paleozoic Era
700 Million yrs. - First Definitive Evidence of Multicellular Organisms (Fossils from Norway and Australia)
1.5 Billion yrs. - First Definitive Evidence of Eukaryotic Cells (Fossils from California and Australia)
2.0 Billion yrs. - Aerobic (with Oxygen) Photosynthesis Widespread (Significant Oxygen accumulated in Atmosphere)
3.5 Billion yrs. - Oldest Known Sedimentary Rocks (Australia), with the Oldest Definitive Fossils (Diverse Prokaryotes + Stromatolites)
3.8 Billion yrs. - Oldest Evidence of Life on Earth (Chemical Fossils: Organic Carbon in metamorphic rocks from Greenland)
4.0 Billion yrs. - Oldest Known Crustal Rocks on Earth (Canada)
4.6 Billion yrs. - Origin of the Earth as a Planet

All of those numbers were gained by years of guesswork. When one number upset another they just reguessed their original decision. I refuse to accept any of those numbers as fact, as there as been very little actual science involved behind them.

Why are those numbers right? Because you read them in a book?

Sure, I read my theories in a book, but mine haven't been proven wrong and yours haven't been proven right.

Guest deimos

Using Radiometric age-dating to apply actual (absolute) age-dates (numbers) to the (relative) Geologic Time Scale.

deadnail said:

All of those numbers were gained by years of guesswork. When one number upset another they just reguessed their original decision. I refuse to accept any of those numbers as fact, as there as been very little actual science involved behind them.

Why are those numbers right? Because you read them in a book?

Sure, I read my theories in a book, but mine haven't been proven wrong and yours haven't been proven right.

Okay, not that I'm about to say is going to MAKE A BIT OF A DIFFERENCE with you guys in this arguement, but hell, of all the stupidest ways to argue to ideas CONCIEVED BY MAN! Yeah, you heard me. I'm not going to take sides here, and I'm not athiest so no, I'm not holding a religious preference in this arguement (I'm polythiestic to tell the truth), but think about this for a second BEFORE you guys start yelling 'facts' down each others pants. Evolution is a THEORY, created by MAN to explain his existance. Of course he's going to do as much as he can to make ALL THE PEICES FIT. It is illogical to do otherwise. But wait, religion is an IDEA that MAN created for the same purpose! God may have created man, but man has created God as well. So which is right?
Both.
Neither.
Who the hell cares? Neither side has substancial evidence to make a claim, but that doesn't make any idea better or worse than the other. It's called FAITH! If you have FAITH you don't need EVIDENCE, that is why it is FAITH and not KNOWLEDGE! My point is, all of you are justified for believing what you do, but until pure truth (and not the man-made variety) is revealed, your faith is just as good as the next guy's, so GET OFF IT!
I swear, nothing pisses me off more than people agruing about something so personal and uncertain as religion..