Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zaldron

DooM Logo

OK, im having weird problems with this forum. Each reply i post spawns on the forum several minutes later. So i don´t know if this thread is ever going to appear.

Anyway, yesterday i was clicking on Q3A´s icon to enjoy some fraggin, when the question popped in my head. Should DooM´s logo change?
The old DooM logo represented the name of the game with 4 blocky letters, textured half tech, and half stone. It doens´t compare to the modern looking of the Quake series, specially Q3, with its 3D design.
Doom´s logo, instead, it´s just a crappy font with texture. Do you people think that iD should redesign the logo with a more modern look, or completely replace it for something new?

Guest elyuca

I was thinking the exact same thing and I was actually going to put a thread about it. I think it should be new, but still have the Doom taste. Kinda like the way the q3 logo evloved from the q2 logo, and didnt just add another "nail" to the middle of the "Q".
But the Doom logo isnt blocky, I actually like it. I mean if you see a pattern of half tech on top and half stone on the bottom, you automatically think doom, So I think it should still have something of the sort. or maybe it will be called DoooM... no thats pretty gay.

This is somewhat related. Any of you guys play Doom 64? Remember the whole level that made up the title screen? That was pretty damn cool in my opinion. Perhaps they could do something like that.

Guest elyuca

I just bought Doom 64 on ebay! im soo exited :b

How much? I could get it used up here for $15... if I hadn't already played through it a coupla times on rentals...

Guest Heresiarch

HEY, I'm listening "Into the Shady's City"

Bobby Prince Rules!

I think id should redesign it for something completely new to show us the beginning of a new age of FPS!

Guest Obee

Well perhaps they will do a transformation like this:
DO as the first doom
and OM in an other style, so you can see an evolution =)

Guest elyuca
deadnail said:

How much? I could get it used up here for $15... if I hadn't already played through it a coupla times on rentals...

$5 + S&H; its a steal!

Guest Crym01

I think there should not be a big difference between the logos. It should be like the csDoom logo (there is not a big change, but a bit).