Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
tsareppsun

A New Question....A 3D PERCEPTION.

This is lite shit,yo's But being that Doom is finally is evolving
into the 3D era. For personal perception, I would like to know a few things. I know only id can truly answer my questions,And I'm sure everyone here have their own visual perceptions. I want to know just how big an average doom monster is to the doom marine. Yeah,I know when your up close to a monster,some you can see eye,to eye with,while others,you'd have look at their chest an whatnot because with the exception of Jdoom,and Legacy of doom,you couldn't look up/down. I'm looking for a visual ideology of height,weight,mass of all the doom monsters compared to the marine. So I'm going down the list of all doom/2 monsters with my own perceptions and from what I got from the games and what is descibed in the novels,starting with the marine. Any one who cares,please feel free to jot down or fill in your own perceptions and compare.

1.Doom Marine/or Flynn Taggart
(H)6'-6'5ft (W)180-260lbs w armor/gear

Monsters
2.Imp
(H)5'6-6'7ft (W)250-380lbs

3.Bullpig Demon/Spectre
(H)6'5-ft? hard to tell being that it's hunched forward.
(W) 800-1,500lbs

4.Cacodemon
I don't even know where to begin with this one. This one has a large mass,so it has to have alot of weight,regardless that it floats around all the time.

5.Revenant
(H)I guess your average pro NBA Basketball player. 7'ft and change.
(W)300-480 w rocket pods

6.Mancubus
(H)This thing's not about height,it's all about MASS. I guess 6'-7ft.(W)with those large cannon arms,I'd say at least 4000-6000lbs

7.Lost soul-who cares,uh, how much does a bowling ball weighs?

8.Pain Elemental-At least as much or more than the Cacodemon.

9.Baron of Hell
(H)8'-91/2ft (W)at least 2000-3000lbs

10.Arch Vile
this guy's not very big at all,since it's not human, I'd say about 6' or 7'ft and it's weight? don't know,same as an imp?

11.Arachnotron
This thingy is on 4 legs,It doesn't seem to stand over the headlevel of the marine in the game. So I'd say, about chest level in Ht. (W)1000-1500lbs.

12.Spider Mastermind
This thing's a different story, I know you look up at this thing
but what my question is that in D3,will you be able to sneek under it's belly to do any kind of damage.
(H)? can't say (W)a couple of Tons.

13.Cyber Demon Lord
The novels said that this guy stand 5 meters(15 plus ft tall) and must of weigh hundreds of tons. I thought it stood alittle over 2 stories personally.

I left out the all the versions of former marines because I was only interested in the monsters. And I just assume their no taller or much heavier than the doom marine. Except the F.Commando, but big deal,just give him heavier armor and about 40lbs and that's solved.

Well, that's all for now,anybody want to give their own perceptions,please go all out. I want to see. Tsar's OUT!

Guest elyuca

Thank you so much, you made me think (is that good?) Anyway, since you bring this up about height and weight, I think the D3 engine shoud have the capabilities of ramdomly altering the monster models to a between a certain range. You know what I mean, have the engine take youre average imp, and alter it a bit each time. That way you have imps ranging from 5'6" and 6'6" and everything in between. This would greatly increase the realism, since not all imps should be the same, I mean theyre a species, but not all dogs/cats/whatever are the same. Maybe this could imply to texture tone too. Have the engine alter the tone of the skin/fur/scales to vary the species of monsters a bit.

Elyuca that is a great fucking idea. We have mentioned it before, but controllable through a menu on a placed object or actor. Random, though? Sure would simply things. Then again, I still want to see a thirty foot tall Bull Demon. :)

There´s no problem for the engine. Scalability is something VERY EASY to program. And texture color can be easily filtered to archieve variations. You just need to change the solid color of every triangle in the model (they´re white, but you can´t see that because of the texture). I guess that every enemy should have a couple of flags more, "Color" & "Size". By default, they would be setted in 0, wich means Random. If you wan´t to do mini-bosses quickly, you just grab a demon, add 1 meter to his height, change the tone of his skin, and under "HP multiply", change 1.0 to something like 12.0

Guest Dream Destroyer

You want a good comparision between height and mass? Use dehacked.

Guest elyuca
deadnail said:

Elyuca that is a great fucking idea. We have mentioned it before, but controllable through a menu on a placed object or actor. Random, though? Sure would simply things. Then again, I still want to see a thirty foot tall Bull Demon. :)

Thanks deadnail, you know what, Linguica was right after all youre a pretty cool guy. (Im not hitting on you)

Dream Destroyer said:

You want a good comparision between height and mass? Use dehacked.

Dehacked? I don't know what that is. Is that some form of program?

elyuca said:

Thank you so much, you made me think (is that good?) Anyway, since you bring this up about height and weight, I think the D3 engine shoud have the capabilities of ramdomly altering the monster models to a between a certain range. You know what I mean, have the engine take youre average imp, and alter it a bit each time. That way you have imps ranging from 5'6" and 6'6" and everything in between. This would greatly increase the realism, since not all imps should be the same, I mean theyre a species, but not all dogs/cats/whatever are the same. Maybe this could imply to texture tone too. Have the engine alter the tone of the skin/fur/scales to vary the species of monsters a bit.

Thanx,Even though that wasn't exactly the point of my post. I see
where you coming from. Check this out,What if id would also alow you(the player) to also be able to alter the height,mass of the Marine in single play? Like in those PSX boxing game,I forget the
name,I think it's the Knockout king series. When you go to create your boxer screen. You get a series of options on how you want the boxer to look,the height,weight,boxing style,race,color,everything. Just imagine, you could also do all
those things with the marine, and id also allow co-op play on the internet or with ingame bots. You can hand create a team or even a platoon of marines with his/her own discriptive looks,with
height,mass,race,color tone.

tsareppsun said:

Dehacked? I don't know what that is. Is that some form of program?

Hey, yos. Sup.

If ya don't know what DeHackEd is... um... how long have you been playing Doom? :)

DeHackEd is a DOS based GUI program that lets you edit the data within an original Doom, Doom 2, or Final Doom exe file. Basically you can change hit points, change the cheat codes, or even change the delay on the frames!

Want a shotgun that fires 50 times faster than the chaingun?

You suck now. Why the fuck didn't you know that?!

Well,EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSEEEMEEE!!!!! Bucko, I tried doom for the 1st time in early 94,through a friend's 486,but he moved on to college soon afterwards. So I didn't learn all that GUI or Dos
base stuff. I'm just a fan that played and fell for it like everyone else in the world. I don't mess with all that Exe.GUI,backbone guts of it's code and stuff. It's just beyond me.