Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
tsareppsun

The DooM ]I[ Marine.......How will he move?

After playing a few levels of Red Storms"RAINBOW SIX" and "ROGUE SPEAR" got me thinking, I wonder how id going to make the Doom marine move around on the new engine. Yeah,I know it's 1st person
an whatnot, and they better allow the option play in 3rd/or over the shoulder perpectiive as some call it. Is id going to stick with that tired-ass "fire from the hip" anime we all seen in all the Doom/2 and Quake series,or will they rise with the times and
use the updated and sophisticated CQB(close-quarter-combat)anime
seen in the more recent games such as Rainbow,Rogue,and S.W.A.T games. I sure hope they do it.

Another thought. If your reading this id, "PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,
PLEASE,PLEASE.... GET RID OF THAT DAMN "LIMA BEAN" GREEN COLOR ARMOR, and give the marine some REAL combat camoflage. Or better
yet he should have a camo customizer at the setup section,where he could change his camo color(jungle,tiger,desert,urban or city camo,night,snow and Space style,the kind used by the marines in the movie "ALIENS". I think that would make the game "THAT" much more better.

Guest Dream Destroyer
tsareppsun said:

...and they better allow the option play in 3rd/or over

3rd person? They better? Who the fuck are you, and where the hell did that pansy idea come from? Go back to your fucking tomb raider. I don't want ID wasting precious time on a 3rd person camera that will be uterly useless. They are only good for games with jumping puzzles.. and if doom 3 has jumping puzzles.. well... Anyway, it'll slow the god damn game down, we're going to need all the speed we can get.

That would suck if they had 3rd person view, just think how much
other stuff they could do in the time it takes to make it with
the option of 3rd person view. Actually I wouldn't know, Im
just guessing it would be a lot of time.... I would much rather
that time be spent on something else though. Especially since
I wouldn't ever use 3rd person view.

As for moving, I hope the movement is more realistic looking.
When you strafe it looks awkward, especially in DM.

3D person view... Well... This is the most sick idea I have ever heard. This will not take a lot of time to implement it and I don't think it will slow down game, but do you really think it would be useful? I mean... FUCK When I'm trying to imagine this something happens with my brain...

Wow, just mention a 3rd person camera and watch the 'fucks' roll on in! :)

Anyway, the custom camo thing is a beautiful idea. Definitely a keeper! Why wear olive drab on a RED planet anyway?

As for a 3rd person view, sure, why not? I'm hoping for the 1st person view to utilize a well animated model, in fact, the same model that multiplayers see anyway! So why not? Just back the lens back ten feet and up three, tilt it down a little and pow. Make the 'camera' a solid object so that it can't flow through walls and make the player model 50% opaque when it close quarters so you don't miss your shots.

What's this, TWO FUCKING HOURS of programming? Lighten up, people, it'd be cool for demos! :)

Guest dmddoug

I hate 3rd person view thats what made duke nukem crappy. it felt like i was playing mario 64 with a gun.

you can customize the color or ur camo in zDoom if ur good at working with ur primary colors.

Im not a 3D person basher. I loved Heretic II when it came out, altough many people didn´t want to switch from old Quake2. I love Rune, too, so as Severance.
But 3rd person doens´t work on DooM. DooM was about fear, and what fear can you feel if you "impersonalize" the player from his alter ego?
An unsupported version of 3rd camera (like Q3A) works fine for me. In fact, i used it a lot to check the models.

Guest Doom4Ever

i downloaded a third person perspective mod for doom 2 and to say the least... it sucked. Doom is all about first person action, third person would just scare people.

Guest Doom4Ever
dmddoug said:

I hate 3rd person view thats what made duke nukem crappy. it felt like i was playing mario 64 with a gun.

you can customize the color or ur camo in zDoom if ur good at working with ur primary colors.

dont know what your talken about dmddoug. mario 64 with a double barreled sawed off would be sweet. think about it. no more throwin bowser into floating mines, just blow a hole through his stomach.

Guest JudgeDooM
Zaldron said:

Im not a 3D person basher. I loved Heretic II when it came out, altough many people didn´t want to switch from old Quake2. I love Rune, too, so as Severance.
But 3rd person doens´t work on DooM. DooM was about fear, and what fear can you feel if you "impersonalize" the player from his alter ego?
An unsupported version of 3rd camera (like Q3A) works fine for me. In fact, i used it a lot to check the models.

Oooooh, I LOVE Severance. Played it, it's incredible!

you dopey pratt! How dare you even think about contemplating the suggestion of a 3rd person doom game. You sick fuck I hope you die a horrible death. But on a more serious note I reckon that green armour should stay ,and since its 1st person NOT 3rd then you wouldnt notice any way and besides you cant break with tradition-the armour was ALWAYS green not some camo-crap.Also the should get a mix between Q3 and UT for that arcady fast action feel of Q3 but also the calm collected realistic (sort of) movement of unreal tournament

"You sick fuck? I hope you die a horrible death? UHH....OK,maybe
later,MUCH LATER. Read closely,Hater. I did not say I wanted D3 to be 3rd prospective,I said I would like "the option" to play in 3rd pro, like in "MALICE" you can swicth from 1st to ChaseCam
anytime,anywhere at your leisure just by tapping the "E" key,and
it worked well in that game,without any slowdown.

Zaldron said:

YYEAAAHHH! Right there!! you said it best!(An unsupported version
of 3rd cam(like Q3A) That's what I was trying to explain,but I still rather it be more like in "MALICE" and not stopping in mid-game and punching stupid commands at the console.

deadnail said:

Wow, just mention a 3rd person camera and watch the 'fucks' roll on in! :)

Anyway, the custom camo thing is a beautiful idea. Definitely a keeper! Why wear olive drab on a RED planet anyway?

As for a 3rd person view, sure, why not? I'm hoping for the 1st person view to utilize a well animated model, in fact, the same model that multiplayers see anyway! So why not? Just back the lens back ten feet and up three, tilt it down a little and pow. Make the 'camera' a solid object so that it can't flow through walls and make the player model 50% opaque when it close quarters so you don't miss your shots.

What's this, TWO FUCKING HOURS of programming? Lighten up, people, it'd be cool for demos! :)

Watch the fucks role in,LOL....Oh,Well, What are ya gonna do,YA KNOW? Anyway,I didn,t mean the idea of wearing olive drab on a deimos or hell level, But the very idea to be able to change the color of the marine's battle wear would be a good touch. Especially if id goes the way of the upcoming "TRIBES2", where you can create your own battle settings on planet earth for "HELL ON EARTH" levels or Outer space levels, like moons,space stations,or imaginary planetoids etc,etc.....

Doom4Ever said:

i downloaded a third person perspective mod for doom 2 and to say the least... it sucked. Doom is all about first person action, third person would just scare people.

I know what your talking about, I have JDoom and Legacy, It doesn't work well on "SPRITE" based DOOM, but it works beautifully on QUAKE(Especially "MALICE" GOD,I love that game!!)
Q2? I got Q2 Hotlaunch and I still can't get it to play in 3rd person. And it looks real good on Q3A.

Dream Destroyer said:

3rd person? They better? Who the fuck are you, and where the hell did that pansy idea come from? Go back to your fucking tomb raider. I don't want ID wasting precious time on a 3rd person camera that will be uterly useless. They are only good for games with jumping puzzles.. and if doom 3 has jumping puzzles.. well... Anyway, it'll slow the god damn game down, we're going to need all the speed we can get.

It didn't slow QUAKE(1)down,nor"MALICE" or Q2,or Q3A. Now your gonna tell me that this option's gonna slow down id's latest 3D engine?....Yeah,Righ!!!

Go back to my "TOMB RAIDER"? At least you could see her in full 3D anime,all her movements on all 360 degrees angles.

Guest Dream Destroyer

Hey man, it's useless polys on the screen.

Guest Dream Destroyer
tsareppsun said:

I know what your talking about, I have JDoom and Legacy, It doesn't work well on "SPRITE" based DOOM, but it works beautifully on QUAKE(Especially "MALICE" GOD,I love that game!!)
Q2? I got Q2 Hotlaunch and I still can't get it to play in 3rd person. And it looks real good on Q3A.

People are more interested in having as much control as possible over their player than looking at his ass. Sorry, but you are a twisted demented fuck. 1ST PERSON SHOOTER. That's what it is, and that's what we want.

I never looked at any charater's ass while playin any of the 1st or 3rd shooters,but since "YOU" brought it up,I guess that's the 1st thing that comes in your fucked up dome! Eying some polygon charater's ass,You undeveloped pair of crackhead bitch tits!! Suck my tube steak,You male BITCH!! And go BUTFUCK your grandmamma while she scrubs her oversized shit stained boxers shorts,Fuck you and your rude opinion,You dogdick slurping COCKAZOID!!!