Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
the-widow-maker

two for one?

I had this idea for a new monster in doom3, one that when you kill it falls apart into two different monsters with completely diferent attributes to the first. Also there should be weapon platforms like in half-life that point outwards from the abandoned base that were once used as protection. AND, there must be a proper chaingun/minigun like in avp that actually DOES fire 100 rounds per second not like the one in doom which is basically the same as two pistols.and another thing some of the weapons should over heat-like the plasma gun, to add that extra tinge of realism to the game

Did you ever Dehack the original Doom to make the minigun fire at that sort of rate? I did. It was amusing and rather disturbing. Obviously, the exact fire rate is tied to the framerate in Doom, so if you stood next to a wall, you got a higher ROF. We timed it (God that was a long time ago! 1994, at latest!), and it had a ROF somewhere in that region (we increased the ammo to a couple of thousand as well).

It does make the game rather ludicrously easy in single player, so I'd probably have to recommend against it in Doom 3, but fit quite well with the various over-powered Dehacked weapons we used in multi-player back then. They were all over-powered. My favourite was my modified plasma gun, which fired only as rapidly, perhaps even slower, and the bolts moved VERY slowly (1 or 2, I think), but were extremely lethal to the touch, and so could be used as psuedo-mines, and to block exits and so on. They had a curiously hypnotic effect too, some players would just get him by them whilst staring at them.

I'm not totally familiar with AvP (it's been six months or so since I played it last), but if you mean the Smartgun as the weapon that fires that rapidly, you're mistaken, I think. It sounds good (it'a German WWII MG42, technically, very distinctive noise), but it only fires something 600 RPM, which translates to 10rnds/sec. All IIRC...

Guest elyuca

Are you gonna shoot my house with a minigun, until you shoot the heater and blow it up?