Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dylangivens

Reborn (sequal to BFG Post (3D Imp Inside))

Guest dylangivens

Okay, the name of the Mod is Reborn. I'm the project leader of course. Anyways, we are using the weapons made by Phoenix. Also in joint use by the Generations mod. We also are having 3D models based off of the Characters in Doom 2 made. For example here are some rough draft imps.

That is a ROUGH draft. Anyways, we are making a whole new game basically a Sequal or Fan Sequal to Doom 2. Our website is out of date as we moved to a much better server. But if you guys are at ALL intrestead, be sure to keep checking the forum on
http://www.rebornmod.cjb.net
Just to keep you guys intrestead...here are a few pics of a SpiderMasterMind-type demon.

That's all for now! I'll be back around Christmas with a kick ass CyberDemon to drool over.

dylan

Guest Lament

That imp is awesome :)

Only in my humble opinion, it lacks Doomish feel. It's so damn scary :). Doom monsters aren't scary. They look like they could be your pets. This imp definitely couldn't be one's pet, it's too Quakeish for that.
Well, maybe I'm wrong.

No matter what you do, if you are going to change the game, then you are going to loose some of the original atmosphere of DooM.
You can't create something without destroying something, but that is no reason not to improve. I personally like that the scare factor of the Imp is enhanced, if anyone want's the regulary old doomish feel, then they're is a perfect game to play called Doom1, Doom2, etc.. No matter what, if you are going
to use graphics like this guy is using, you are going to loose
that original monster 8bit atmosphere.

Guest Firebrandt
Lament said:

Only in my humble opinion, it lacks Doomish feel. It's so damn scary :). Doom monsters aren't scary. They look like they could be your pets. This imp definitely couldn't be one's pet, it's too Quakeish for that.
Well, maybe I'm wrong.

I remember KingofDaveness stating that he was probably gonna trash the imp and start a new model. Something about his not being able to align the skin to the skinmapping properly.
He'll most likely try to recycle the skin though. :)

Guest Johnny Kaos
Malice Rancor said:

No matter what you do, if you are going to change the game, then you are going to loose some of the original atmosphere of DooM.
You can't create something without destroying something, but that is no reason not to improve. I personally like that the scare factor of the Imp is enhanced, if anyone want's the regulary old doomish feel, then they're is a perfect game to play called Doom1, Doom2, etc.. No matter what, if you are going
to use graphics like this guy is using, you are going to loose
that original monster 8bit atmosphere.

I remember seeing the imp about a week ago over at polycount, the guys got better models than that.

Guest NiCoTiNe

the shoulder spikes look too long and the face is all wrong! I skin for quake 3 and I think I could do a more Doomish impface.

but hey, that's just what I think

Guest RTC Marine
Johnny Kaos said:

I remember seeing the imp about a week ago over at polycount, the guys got better models than that.

the claws on the imp look like something off silent hill!

Guest Dark_Fox

OMYG!!
That Rulz!
I can't even model that well!
Who did the skin?

The Yellow duck is god!

Guest Dark_Fox
Lament said:

Well, maybe I'm wrong.

Er, no..
The imps in Doom were suppose to be scary.. This fits perfectly, but the mastermind doesn't.. Its not a big bloated brain that looks like my great uncle..