Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

Anti-gravity?

Boeing, the world’s largest aircraft manufacturer, has admitted it is working on experimental anti-gravity projects that could overturn a century of conventional aerospace propulsion technology if the science underpinning them can be engineered into hardware.

coast to coast AM was talking about that a few nights ago on the program. it's going to be a long time before we even see a prototype of this. but, when we do, it's sure as hell gonna be awesome.

If you think this is BS I can assure you it's not. You can check out a site on "antigravity" lifters at http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/lifters.htm . The phenomenon is very real albeit not very strong. There is at least one other method of "antigravity" I have heard about but I haven't seen anything online about real results from that.

gatewatcher said:

coast to coast AM was talking about that a few nights ago on the program. it's going to be a long time before we even see a prototype of this. but, when we do, it's sure as hell gonna be awesome.

Art Bell = God!

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Damm, if they can get this to work, it will totally change the entire world. YAY

'

No, not really. I don't believe that hover vehicles and spaceships will contribute to change the political and economical agenda of the world remarkably.

Little Faith said:

No, not really. I don't believe that hover vehicles and spaceships will contribute to change the political and economical agenda of the world remarkably.

Hmmm...yes it will!

Don't mean to be a tightass, but yeah if and when this technology is invented, the world will become chaotic...there will be no need for petrol/diesel/oil/fossil fuels and yeah...that'll fuck the world right up. Stock markets will fall, and chaos...

Insomniac said:

Art Bell = God!

heh, if that were true, he wouldn't be out recovering from a hip surgery :(

here is a link to some engineering details on anti-gravity.

Heh, and the next thing you know we're landing on Phobos to build a moon base :P

Hmm. AG would be really cool. but damn, could it be abused. I for one, would love some superjump shoes.

I bet space travel would be a lot easier, cheaper and less messy if we could fly into space on anti gravity ships instead of sitting on top of huge rockets.

fraggle said:

I bet space travel would be a lot easier, cheaper and less messy if we could fly into space on anti gravity ships instead of sitting on top of huge rockets.

we could make a lot more trips too. if we had this tech now, i bet the ISS would be finished earlier.

If someone can get a shipyard/command center built in orbit, the space program will really start to take off. Building a ship that would only have to survive space travel and vacuum, and not the escape from and re-entry into the atmosphere, would be much cheaper and faster. Of course, if this hover shit takes off, escaping the atmosphere wouldn't be as bad as it is now with the sucking massive G's and the being strapped to a collosal bottle rocket and the hurting and squeezing, me'heh.