Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

Doom poll (just for fun)

Do you think John Romero should come back to iD and work on DOOM?
Just say yes or no

Guest Dark_Fox

I've meet him(Briefly), he seemed a jerk off to me.. But he did some nice work in DooM so sure.. As long as he does not piss Carmack off..

No, and he wouldn't anyway; a) Carmack most likely wouldn't want him to or even let him, and b) why the heck would Romero want to be a mere worker in a company when he practically owns another one?

Yes, well, kinda... Im not saying that John should abandon ION, but do exactly as iD and Grey Matter Studios. Instead of iD doing the work on Return to castle Wolfenstein, GMS has put their hands on that, but with a little monitoring from iD.
Tom Hall & John Romero were the design team back then, at least iD should seek a little of advice from them. I´m pretty sure that´s what going to happen. After all how can one resist the temptation to enter into the offices of iD and look at the early work...

deadnail said:

no

Personally I don't want Romero to work on DOOM...
I want American MaCgee to work on DOOM cause his latest game Alice was the best game I played for quite a while and cause he is simply talented level designer that I think is going to do something for DOOM (remember his comment about DOOM engine? well I think American will advice stuff to Carmack and that would be great :)

Maybe if he came back under a pseudonym, like Daikatana Creator
No that's too obvious. However Joe Pendleton would do the trick. Anything with J.R's name on it these days is instantly subject to scorn from the community...

I think his touch could help, so long as he kept Killcreek out of the mapping Dept.

S./

yes or no. Ha!...my back still hurts...
I personally feel that all those who were on Doom's original team should be brought back so they can oversee the rebirth of their baby. No, this doesn't mean that they have to commit to id, but they deserve to have a say in what happens to their creation.

Guest fraggle`

I liked the idea someone suggested of getting him to do one level for doom 3, that would be rather cool on a nostalgic level