Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
the-widow-maker

doom 3 sub-games

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be cool if,while going thro some abandoned military complex,you chance upon a 486 ensconced betwixt some crates and you can turn the machine on and play doom1? In effect this would creat an amusing mini game where you can both have a laugh at bygone times and appreciate how far gaming has gone graphically.It would also be cool if the game had mission based gameplay(like in q2),you could choose your guy from among a plethora of army dudes, and if your marine actually gave you some feed back(like if you place a bullet in an imps brain he comes up with a witty one liner, or shudders in repulsion). And medikits should be time based,ie you pick one up and you slowly gain 25% health,to reprisent him doing shit with bandages and needles,not instant revival like in doom.

Guest Lament

Medikits giving health slowly would ruin deathmatch, now, wouldn't it?

Yeah... great idea. And while playing, you hear your character say retarded things like > "mmmmm... I think I know this game.."

That would rule !

If the Doomguy says stupid Duke-like stuff, I will seriously consider not buying the game.

That sounds like an awesome idea. I would love to see Doom 1 in Doom 3. However, that could be dangerous, as you could get too distracted playing Doom 1 and forget about Doom 3 and a monster could shoot you in the back while you're at the computer. Hmm... That would give you an extra incentive to kill all the monsters in the level, though. As for the duke talk thing, I would like to here the marine talking, as long as it wasn't stupid one-liners like in Duke Nukem. I would prefer it to be more realistic, for instance, a bunch of monsters could teleport in a room suddenly, and he could say, "Oh $#@%", stuff like that. As for the health kit thing, I think that should be left up to a mod, because many people would not like that, but some people if they wanted could make a "real life" mod with stuff like that.

Guest Heresiarch
Zaldron said:

Every game is tweaked while load multiplayer modes... that should not be an issue.

Isn't it enough, that you see Cacodemon in DooM 3?