Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Lame posts

Lame posts are inherent in any forum. However they are more noticable in this one because posts are only sorted by creation date, not last-reply date. In a normal latest-reply-is-on-top forum, the lame ones get buried quickly because all the real, relevant posts get pushed up above it. On this forum, however, they stay near the top until enough new posts have been made to push it down. It's not that the number of lame posts is higher around here, just that it's more readily obvious. When I redesign and get some decent forum software the problem will seem to go away a lot faster.

But I really like the hierarchical system!
In fact, it´s one of the best features. It gives you the power to keep arguing with someone while the original topic continues it´s evolution.
Well, im sure they would be a lot less lame post if some real DooM info were released...

Can´t you push iD a little Ling? Anything, anything they have... maybe the new DooM logo, for example. That doesn´t hurt anyone.

BTW Ling, why we can´t have any titles like you? In your profile reads Title : DoomWorld Webmaster. Can we have that too?

I agree with Zaldron. It's annying when an old post keeps resufacing to the top becuase someone posts in it. Besides, when people flame, that flame will just keep going back to the top, becuase some assholes who like to argue will keep posting in it.

Zaldron said:

But I really like the hierarchical system!
In fact, it´s one of the best features. It gives you the power to keep arguing with someone while the original topic continues it´s evolution.
Well, im sure they would be a lot less lame post if some real DooM info were released...

Can´t you push iD a little Ling? Anything, anything they have... maybe the new DooM logo, for example. That doesn´t hurt anyone.

BTW Ling, why we can´t have any titles like you? In your profile reads Title : DoomWorld Webmaster. Can we have that too?

Edit your account and fill in the "title"

Linguica said:

Edit your account and fill in the "title"

Lüt´s right, we don´t have that label to fill.