Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
the-widow-maker

Fucking decent doom3 teleporter idea

I had a thought about d3 teleporters-I know this idea has been ripped to shreds but I reckon my idea is original:when ever you teleport,you are transported to an alternate dimension or reality (like the 'ways' in Robert Jordan's 'wheel of time' epic) which ties in quite well with the fucked up hell theme.Once there you must locate the exit rift to complete the teleport.I was thinking that perhaps this 'other world' should be inhabited by other creatures than those native to the doom universe-tell me what you think

Guest Dark_Fox

Half-Life opposing Force had somthing like this, in the form of a gun that can transport you to a random mini level..

The mini-levels weren't random, there were a select few that you could go to depending on when in the game you used it.

BTW, if you use it right away I think you end up in the Half-Life training room. :)

Guest Dark_Fox

Soz, I've not played in awhile.
Yea, the slave is trying to kill the hologram.. That was pretty funny.. =P

Dark_Fox said:

Half-Life opposing Force had somthing like this, in the form of a gun that can transport you to a random mini level..

HL: OpFor also has a couple of levels with dimensional rifts that take you to Xen briefly and then bring you back again.