Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

i got one heck of an idea!

just to make things go faster, why dont the program(ie zdoogl, legacy, jdoom etc) blur the sprites, or textures in the wad file.(like in gta2 if anyone has ever messed wuth making cars)so that when people with crappy systems try to play it, it dosnt mes up the frame rate.
example: shooting the plasma gun will shoot out spries, but the program has to blur the sprites. why not make it so that the sprites are already blured??

Guest Dark_Fox

Well open GL and the pixels in the bimpmap are two TOTALLY different things. If you want to 'TRY' that, you would first have to increase the size of the doom sprites, thus more ram eaten up becuase of the larger high-res image. Top on that spawning 50+ of those would only increase your lag.. By a decent 3D card and at least a 233mhz system and 64 megs of ram and Any DOOM (except for 3) should not lag.. Otherwise your reg file is fucked up in the ass..
Also the doom engine or source engine does not BLUR the images, tit simply calls the 3D card, it does that..
I have a Voodoo III 2000 its a 16 meg 300mhz monster (Better than a Voodoo 4 or 5 Ick!)
I'm happy with my card, get what I want done.. At a decent Frame Rate.. Even if it runs of a PCI slot.. *cries* I want AGP, socket 7 boards suck!

Guest RTC Marine

i have now FINALLY got a 3d accelerator, its a voodoo 2 1000 12mb
but it rocks! first time i've had a 3d card!
Go fox! /me Lays the smack down on his socket 7, then he orders a socket A :)

Wouldn't it perhaps be better if you posted this in the general forum? Far as i can see this has nothing to do with doom3.

/me switches on deadnail signal.

Guest elyuca
Dark_Fox said:

Well open GL and the pixels in the bimpmap are two TOTALLY different things. If you want to 'TRY' that, you would first have to increase the size of the doom sprites, thus more ram eaten up becuase of the larger high-res image. Top on that spawning 50+ of those would only increase your lag.. By a decent 3D card and at least a 233mhz system and 64 megs of ram and Any DOOM (except for 3) should not lag.. Otherwise your reg file is fucked up in the ass..
Also the doom engine or source engine does not BLUR the images, tit simply calls the 3D card, it does that..
I have a Voodoo III 2000 its a 16 meg 300mhz monster (Better than a Voodoo 4 or 5 Ick!)
I'm happy with my card, get what I want done.. At a decent Frame Rate.. Even if it runs of a PCI slot.. *cries* I want AGP, socket 7 boards suck!

I have a voodoo III 3500 and it runs at 183 mhz overclocked to 200, how can yours be 300 mhz?

Guest Dark_Fox

I think I may have been wrong... *looks at the box*
Soz its 143mhz..
The RAMDAC is 300mhz :)

RTC Marine said:

i have now FINALLY got a 3d accelerator, its a voodoo 2 1000 12mb
but it rocks! first time i've had a 3d card!
Go fox! /me Lays the smack down on his socket 7, then he orders a socket A :)

GeForce2 MX 32Mb. 130fps at 640x480 with all setting cranked up in Quake 3. Nuff said.

Guest JudgeDooM

3D Blaster GeForce 2 GTS. Almost all games run well at 1024x768x32. But more recent games, well...huh...I think I have to upgrade again :). No, but it's ok, I'll upgrade for Doom III if it's necessary. Wow, you have to see Soldier of Fortune and Quake III, they run liquid smooth! Otherwise, I'm happy with my card. It's actually more compatible than a Voodoo (though, they're known for their compatibility). But I had some probs with dx8 and I switched to NVidia drivers, and now it's ok. Plus some DVD reading problems. Fortunately, you can rely on Creative. I've e-mailed them about my dx8 problems, and they answered me and told me how to fix my problems.