Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCGray

Hmmmmmmm............

Guest PFCGray

Just a quick thought, do you all think Doom 3 should come with a built in wad editor or a seperate disc that's a wad editor? I think it would be a lot easier than the old fashioned way.

If it does come with a wad editor, it'll probably be on a separate disc. Hell, I bet D3 will be on multiple cds anyway.
Plus the first editors that come out are always shitty, so iD shouldn't spend so much time developing an ultra user friendly editor for the public.

Guest Dream Destroyer

The editor is being built into the game.

Guest RTC Marine
Psyonisis said:

If it does come with a wad editor, it'll probably be on a separate disc. Hell, I bet D3 will be on multiple cds anyway.
Plus the first editors that come out are always shitty, so iD shouldn't spend so much time developing an ultra user friendly editor for the public.

What i want on doom3 disks is to see a copy of the ultimate doom, doom2 and final doom. Cause its SOOO HAAAARRRDDDD to get any of those! Plus and editor :)

Guest micpp
Psyonisis said:

By the time Doom 3 is released, CDs will be ancient history, and it will be on DVD.

Guest Dark_Fox
RTC Marine said:

What i want on doom3 disks is to see a copy of the ultimate doom, doom2 and final doom. Cause its SOOO HAAAARRRDDDD to get any of those! Plus and editor :)

Do you know how many 1.4meg disks it would take to hold DOOM III?!
*bink*
Please insert disk Labeled #385 and press Ok to continue.

Thank you!
You installation of DOOM III is now 10% complete.

Dream Destroyer said:

The editor is being built into the game.

Has anyone seen the in-development movies of Serious Sam ? This is what Doom3 editing should be like. Real-time lighting, very simple object placement, and instant loading of the game from within the editor. You can get them at www.croteam.com - they're really worth checking out.

Guest micpp
Dark_Fox said:

Do you know how many 1.4meg disks it would take to hold DOOM III?!
*bink*
Please insert disk Labeled #385 and press Ok to continue.

Thank you!
You installation of DOOM III is now 10% complete.

By disks he means CDs.

Lord FlatHead said:

Has anyone seen the in-development movies of Serious Sam ? This is what Doom3 editing should be like. Real-time lighting, very simple object placement, and instant loading of the game from within the editor. You can get them at www.croteam.com - they're really worth checking out.

It will be actually even better than that. Carmack already said on VE interviews that he´s planning to merge the editor with the engine core. So you´ll be editing "in the game".