Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Master Of Disguise

Sheer genius cannot even begin to properly address this cinematic achievement, to call it any less is an insult. Dana Carvey, on the surface, plays a bumbling Italian waiter who inherits the power of disguise; however, if you dig a bit deeper & peel away the layers, you'll find a motion picture which is a scathing, yet biting social political statement on society as a whole. One cannot begin to hopefully comprehend or decipher all the psychological & stereotypical boundaries this film breaks. It is a surprise to find this film in mainstream theaters as a film on this level & caliber would normally only be found in the finest arthouse theaters. If you plan on seeing Master of Disguise, I suggest keeping your afternoon free, as after viewing, no after witnessing it, you'll need the rest of the afternoon to invest in deciphering the dense narrative. Admittingly some of the jokes were over my head, but all truly great comedies take a bit of effort for comprehension. Only for serious film viewers & students of the artform as a whole.

Master of Disguise? isn't that the movie for little kids with that dude dressed up as a turtle? Regardless if it's good or not, kid movies such as this and austin powers fail to amuse me anymore. That's just me though.

ZarcyB said:

I hope AndrewB is joking.

I honestly think Andrew was being sarcastic. I think this is his way of saying "it fucking sucked the cock".

Master of Disguise made #29 on MetaCritic's Worst Movies This Century list. Apparently this is a shitty century for movies. :/

OT: Resident Evil

Washington Post / Richard Harrington said:

In the end, it all looks and plays like a $40 million version of a game you're more likely to enjoy on a computer.

New York Post / Lou Lumenick:
It's so incoherent that at first you wonder if the reels are being shown out of order.

I'd say those quotes best describe that movie. Jack, i like that site :)

from that half stupid top list of crap movies:
18 Freddy Got Fingered (2001)
33 Tomcats (2001)
54 Highlander: Endgame (2000)
69 Universal Soldier: The Return (1999)
109 Wes Craven Presents: Dracula 2000 (2000)
135 One, The (2001)
141 Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo (1999)
146 Art of War, The (2000)
178 Queen of the Damned, The (2002)
179 Swordfish (2001)

Um, What the Fuck? All of thos movies in my opinion were fucking great. But I suppose they are critics and it's their job to make everything look like shit or sound like it.

Swordfish. A movie that's not afraid to demonstrate how little special effects technology has evolved in the past 50 years.

AndrewB said:

Swordfish. A movie that's not afraid to demonstrate how little special effects technology has evolved in the past 50 years.

You mean Halle Berry's boobs were fake????!
I liked the TVR they had in it.

shotdown kickbanned me in #unidoom for mentioning this movie.

It could be worse...

it could be "spy kids 2"!

Swordfish was the only movie on that list that was remotely decent.

gatewatcher said:

i never read the art of war, but i'm guessing the movie did no justice towards it?

Um...

Book: Definitive guide to any sort of competition, written by ancient Chinese philosopher Sun Tzu.

Movie: Bad Wesley Snipes spy flick.

Well considering, that apart from about twenty, I haven't heard of many of those films, but of the few I did know, I would disagree.
Swordfish wasn't THAT bad.

Art of war, I am so not surprised someone made that comment.

IMJack said:

Movie: Bad Wesley Snipes spy flick.

Heh, Wesley Snipes was awesome in Major League.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Um, What the Fuck? All of thos movies in my opinion were fucking great. But I suppose they are critics and it's their job to make everything look like shit or sound like it.

Dracula 2000 blew.. hard. I was watching it with a group of people at my house on digital cable and we couldn't stand the sub-par plot development and predictable surprises. Also, that vampire has a thing for blondes! I guess they're easy. ;) Just kidding but seriously, he kept going after all the blondes in the start.

Deuce Bigalow was funny if you were in the right mood though. :)

gatewatcher said:

i never read the art of war, but i'm guessing the movie did no justice towards it?

Try to find a copy on the internet. It's not long and in the slight chance you haven't already deduced a tactic listed you might learn a new perspective on conducting warfare from it.

Duce Bigalow and Battlefield Earth weren't great movies, but they don't deserve to be listed in the 200 worst movies ever.