Guest NiCoTiNe

We've done it Igore, We've DONE IT!!!!!

Guest NiCoTiNe

Is this post an old idea?.........NO!
Is this post a flame?.............NO!
Is this post a waste of space?....NO!

Is this post a Brand NEW D3 Idea?

COULD BE!!!!!

Okay, maybe it's not a new idea, but maybe it is, but I'll never know until I post it now, will I?

How about if as the player, you can do all the things a real person can do. EG - lay down, squat, sneak, run/walk at different speeds, backflip, roll fowards/backwards, look left/right, any possible human movement.

deadnail, delete this right away if the idea is old.

Guest Johnny Kaos

cuzz if that ever happend, somr people would stop killing monsters dead in the middle of the game and start jackin off.

who the hell wants that guy on the team?

Guest Lament

Just one simple question:
How?

Guest Billy_Banjo
Johnny Kaos said:

cuzz if that ever happend, somr people would stop killing monsters dead in the middle of the game and start jackin off.

LOL!
nice one
i can see it now
some little perv going off behind a big tree and have a wank
God that were funny j'kaos

Way to complicated with all the different movements and it wouldn´t do much for gameplay. Does look left/right make sense when you have free mouse look?....NO! :p Also rolls etc. are maybe interesting features for 3rd-person-view, but not for the mother of all ego shooters.
I think it would be good with the following control abilities:

-free mouse look (of course)

-run (default "always run" on)
-sprint (with time limit)
-sneak

-strafe left / strafe right

-jump
-duck (maybe roll left/right for quicker movement when ducked)

-lurk arround corners (a la SoF)

And the sneak/lurk arround corners options only make real sense if there are some monsters which react to the sounds you make or to quick movements etc.

Johnny Kaos said:

God, you never know. Say you join in a random CTF game and inadvertently end up on the same side as a bunch of Stile Project fanboys who shit all over each other instead of go for the flag. Yummy.

Everything a human can do? Who wants to play a deathmatch game that involves virtual scat action? Good way to mark your team, spell out your logo in three foot long turds right next to your fresh kill.

Really, tho, anything? Does this mean you can pop out an Imp's eye with your bootknife and skullfuck it to death?

"Excellent!"

"Humiliation!"

"Skullfuck!"

OK ladies and gents, gather 'round and witness: my very FIRST and very LAST post even remotely concerning Doom3...

CONTROL: there is NOT A CHANCE IN HELL I will buy Doom3 if it has shit like that. Any controls more complex than Quake 2 or Dark Forces and it can go rot on a store shelf. If they even try to come close to imitating Heretic2 with all it's FUCKING RIDICULOUS "realistic moves", I am going to hunt down everybody who works at ID and club them unconscious with a frozen swordfish. Heretic2 is the pinnacle of non-playability and inability to even remotely control your character. I can just see the evil jerks at the Raven office laughing, wondering how the hell they can possibly make your character harder to control. No, I don't want to do backflips off a 8-pixel-wide ledge when I step to the side! No, I don't want to do sommersaults in random directions when I try and run away from enemies! AND NO I DON'T WANT A CHARACTER FLIPPING ALL OVER THE PLACE, WITH A MIND OF HIS OWN, WHO CANNOT BE SAFELY NAVIGATED ON AREAS SMALLER THAN 64X64 PIXELS! Cripes! If they even begin to put crap like that in Doom3, they can go get killed in a terrorist bombing for all I care. Screw that.

s'all.

Shaviro said:

Actually. That IS possible!

Yeah, I saw it in The Matrix.

(Unfortunately.)

Lüt said:

Altough I agree that this kind of things can`t be done in a FPS, your dislike to Heretic2 is ridiculous. C`mon, it wasn´t hard at all to maneuver, what kind of sick problems did you have?

Lüt said:

Don't worry. I'd bet my life against a pile of cat poo Carmack won't allow that kind of crapola. I can gaurantee the caracter will be no more difficult to control than it was in the quake games. There may be some funky player animations and stuff, but those will all just happen automatically without you having to do some bizarre key press combination.

Zaldron said:

Altough I agree that this kind of things can`t be done in a FPS, your dislike to Heretic2 is ridiculous. C`mon, it wasn´t hard at all to maneuver, what kind of sick problems did you have?

You're right; since most of the game was open spaces, you didn't have to worry about your character going all over the place. But when precision was required: heh, good luck to ya! I don't know how you think it's easy to control the character, but sometimes it helps if you can see the screen through the smoke and haze.

Stphrz said:

Don't worry. I'd bet my life against a pile of cat poo Carmack won't allow that kind of crapola. I can gaurantee the caracter will be no more difficult to control than it was in the quake games. There may be some funky player animations and stuff, but those will all just happen automatically without you having to do some bizarre key press combination.

I haven't started that game up since I first bought it when it came out and forced myself to play through all the maps despite that guy having a mind of his own, however the one big gripe I had with him, since it happened endlessly, is trying to run backwards and fire at enemies. You can walk backwards and fire at enemies, but try to run? Backwards sommersaults. Can you attack when you're doing backwards sommersaults? I DON'T THINK SO! You pretty much have to stay stationary or charge enemies when attacking. It was OK for me since I wouldn't exactly say that game was challenging, but if it was, it would be a hopeless scenario. A lot of times you try and sidestep stuff; hey guess what? More somersaults! I took a ton of unnecessary damages that could have been avoided had the guy not had a tendency to jump everywhere he wanted with his moves, particularly off steep ledges or into cesspits. Like I say, the game wasn't very hard and health was abundant so it never caused much of a problem. I guess that's why I didn't destroy the thing. Also, it would have been the first time I destroyed a game since back when Star Fox came out for SNES. That was fun.

Guest Lament

Actually people don't run backwards.

Oh yeah? WATCH ME!

Besides, Corvus ran backwards perfect fine in Heretic; it must be that disease he got in Heretic2 that stunts his coordination.

Lüt said:

Corvus ran backwards perfect fine

He did what everyone knows to do, run backwards with little steps.