Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

I made somthing for ya'll! {3D remakes :) }

Hey everybody. Im just now getting into making 3-D art. If you want to see the Sprite remakes I did with Magic Artist Studio, go to www.angelfire.com/mn2/bjkap/next.html
or if you want to see all of my drawings, go to www.angelfire.com/mn2/bjkap/mydrawing.html
Please, dont critisize the 3-D pics, im just getting into that stuff :) But they are pretty good! -Jeremy

Well, the only real difference I see is the blue outline... you can still see where the pixel corners were. I was expecting actual 3D models, not the original sprites with modified details.

A feature that I think should be implemented into Legacy and/or zDoom would be paletted textures... so you can use your own palettes for sprites and textures. When I can add artwork from any other game, the internet, or my own machinations without the damage from the Doom palette I would be much more enthusiastic about learning how to make levels.

Just a tip.
Before aplying a bicubic sample filter (the bitmap stretching), remove the RGB(0;255,255) "light blue" from the Wintex exporting by filling with black the colorkey-ed areas (transparent zones). Since the sprites lack of any anti-aliasing, it should be fairly easy to remove the blue component.

You should get something like PSP of PhotoShop to enter the serious world of 2D computer graphics.

The blue line is meant to be there. I put it there, not from wintext. I left it so you could see the dark areas, and it adds a pretty effect. Thats why the pixelated original had no blue line.

Jeremy said:

The blue line is meant to be there. I put it there, not from wintext. I left it so you could see the dark areas, and it adds a pretty effect. Thats why the pixelated original had no blue line.

That explains all...
I tought you forgot to fill it before applying effects. You should try to Gaussian-blur the pics before detailing (I doubt that feature´s in that program). That way you will get nice rounded edges, at the cost of loosing much more inner detail (you´re upgrading them so it doesn´t matter)

What kind of mod are you making? I sincerely hope you´re not trying to expand the sprites in DooM. That would cost twelve times more the memory.