Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
WhiteNoise

Music is now UP! (Non-Doom 3-Related)

Well, I made myself a page on MP3.com so I can upload MP3s of crap I do. Have a look around and listen to the three MP3s up. Oh, and excuse my horrid singing voice on "Digging At Rock Bottom," too. And the bad guitar samples on "Rise and Fall," and the bad tone on "Boogie (Instrumental jam track)". There, you're forwarned. The page should be up sometime soon (the people there have to "approve" my MP3s).

http://www.mp3.com/TimLyons

-----------------

Update: Most of the songs are up now. I took off the version of "Digging At Rock Bottom" with the pathetic vocals. The instrumental version of that should be up within the next few days. Meanwhile, enjoy. Oh, and stay away from "Boogie" unless you're really bored, because the lead part is really fucked up. I took the first take of everything on that song... so it blows.

Hmmm... I promise it won't be worse than Danzig 5. Of course, considering I don't know who Danzig 5 IS...

Here... I know... it won't be worse than... Wrench. Wrench is a local band here in Kansas, land of Oz, who has the WORST songs ever, and the WORST singer, and the WORST guitar player I've ever seen.

My songs just have horrible production... that's what I get for using line-in...

Guest elyuca

ok, you admit yourself in the title that is not about Doom 3, WTF?!?!?!?

Guest Tagart 666
WhiteNoise said:

Hmmm... I promise it won't be worse than Danzig 5. Of course, considering I don't know who Danzig 5 IS...

Here... I know... it won't be worse than... Wrench. Wrench is a local band here in Kansas, land of Oz, who has the WORST songs ever, and the WORST singer, and the WORST guitar player I've ever seen.

My songs just have horrible production... that's what I get for using line-in...

Yeah, I'm trying to get a band together. We've got 2 guitars and a bass, all we need is a drummer and a singer. I would sing but for one thing I can't sing and play guitar at the same time and for another I can't sing at all. We'll start out playing covers of bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Death, Megadeth, Type O Negative, Helloween, Grim Reaper, Blue Oyster Cult, Nirvana, Bush, Black Sabbath & Ozzy Osborne, Motorhead, Twisted Sister, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Guns 'n' Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, Rob Zombie & White Zombie, and Marilyn Manson.(Although he only has a couple of good songs) I've got some original lyrics and guitar riffs that are good.

Killer... we just have to try out the vocalists that want to join... we've got a keyboardist, guitar, bass, and drums. As you will find out whenever they get my stuff up at MP3.com, I can't sing very well (not for metal, anyway), so it's not like I can do it myself... hehe

Drummer's the hardest thing to find. I ended up asking around, and then I finally asked this guy in my gym class that I used to go to elementary school with... he played drums. I didn't know that. So, I was lucky.

So far, we're only playing two covers, three if you count us playing the Moonlight Sonata (per the keyboardist's request... what can I say, gotta keep him happy). The others are Ozzy's "Perry Mason" and Metallica's "Master of Puppets".

Anyway, good luck finding yourself a drummer and a singer.

WhiteNoise said:

Danzig 5 is a blues/dark rocker's attempt at an industrial assault. You can go to my site The Barnacle (in my sig, the f2s one) and go to the "News", it's discussed in the latest news update, plus there's a review of it and 3 short soundclips. Download the soundclip to see what I mean. It's "professional" too.

elyuca said:

ok, you admit yourself in the title that is not about Doom 3, WTF?!?!?!?

Yeah... I just figured someone might be interested. Besides, I said I was going to make a non-Doom 3-related thread in that thread about Marc A. Pullen that Jeremy started...

WhiteNoise said:

Hell, my brother does all of the mixing and such for his band through the line-in on this Pentium 3. His stuff isn't too bad, they've already been offered contracts a few times.

http://www.larvamind.f2s.com
Click the logo to enter, if you enjoy progessive metal.

BTW, Danzig is an accomplished musician. He's usually the vocalist, the first band I remember him from was the Misfits. Then it was Samhain, and then just Danzig. Each of his albums are now numbered. Danzig 3: How the Gods Kill was his best work IMHO. Danzig 5 is utter trash. Danzig 6: Sixty Six is more of that whining, "Gee, I just want to be the devil's child so bad!" bullshit and it gets old too quick.

Yeah... I don't have a mixer though... my setup is just guitar--->OD pedal-->amp--->EQ (designed to be BEFORE the amp, but what the hell)--->line in

Basically, the problem is that I overdrive the input of the sound card... making for a nasty, buzzy tone... too brittle sounding... I want crunchy, this is staticy... a distortion blanketed by a thick coating of white noise. Hey, that fits, since my band's name IS "White Noise". What pisses me off is that some people have been taking my band name racially, and saying it means "white power". Christ... you don't see Godsmack getting gang-raped by a bunch of right-wing conservative Catholics...............

What I wouldn't do for a Line 6 POD right now... it would make recording oh so much easier.

Hmmm... Oh yeah... Glenn Danzig... duh... "Mother" is a good song... I'm quite fond of "Dirty Black Summer", too.

deadnail said:

Hell, my brother does all of the mixing and such for his band through the line-in on this Pentium 3. His stuff isn't too bad, they've already been offered contracts a few times.

http://www.larvamind.f2s.com
Click the logo to enter, if you enjoy progessive metal.

BTW, Danzig is an accomplished musician. He's usually the vocalist, the first band I remember him from was the Misfits. Then it was Samhain, and then just Danzig. Each of his albums are now numbered. Danzig 3: How the Gods Kill was his best work IMHO. Danzig 5 is utter trash. Danzig 6: Sixty Six is more of that whining, "Gee, I just want to be the devil's child so bad!" bullshit and it gets old too quick.

Good idea on clearing up that Danzig actually is a decent musician. I wasn't thinking when I wrote that thing about Danzig 5 - do check out his 2nd, 3rd and 4th records, they're all pretty OK. Simple, but they work.

Lüt said:

Danzig 5 is a blues/dark rocker's attempt at an industrial assault. You can go to my site The Barnacle (in my sig, the f2s one) and go to the "News", it's discussed in the latest news update, plus there's a review of it and 3 short soundclips. Download the soundclip to see what I mean. It's "professional" too.

Hmmm... if you REALLY want to hear BAD... even compared to Danzig 5... listen to "Land of the Wizard : A Tribute to Ozzy Osbourne"

It's professional, too... they just hired a bunch of death metal bands to do Ozzy songs. Gives you a new respect for Ozzy's singing.

Guest Tagart 666
WhiteNoise said:

Killer... we just have to try out the vocalists that want to join... we've got a keyboardist, guitar, bass, and drums. As you will find out whenever they get my stuff up at MP3.com, I can't sing very well (not for metal, anyway), so it's not like I can do it myself... hehe

Drummer's the hardest thing to find. I ended up asking around, and then I finally asked this guy in my gym class that I used to go to elementary school with... he played drums. I didn't know that. So, I was lucky.

So far, we're only playing two covers, three if you count us playing the Moonlight Sonata (per the keyboardist's request... what can I say, gotta keep him happy). The others are Ozzy's "Perry Mason" and Metallica's "Master of Puppets".

Anyway, good luck finding yourself a drummer and a singer.

Yeah, thanks. I know it is very hard to find a drummer, I only know 1 person that knows how to play drums, but he doesn't like metal very much. Hey man, could you tell me how to put up a page on MP3.com, cause I would love to put some of my original music (and maybe some covers, if they allow it) on the web.

Hehe... my keyboardist doesn't like metal either... we just use him when we play Ozzy tunes... anyway, to put a page up on MP3.com, just go to "Sign up and artist", follow the instructions, wait a couple days, and voila, there ya go. They don't allow covers, or I'd have my version of Mouth For War up there (Hey, I did GOOD on that one, dammit!). You're supposed to be 18, too, although I said "Screw it"... I'm 15, there's no harm in me putting my crap up on there...

WhiteNoise said:

Hmmm... if you REALLY want to hear BAD... even compared to Danzig 5... listen to "Land of the Wizard : A Tribute to Ozzy Osbourne"

It's professional, too... they just hired a bunch of death metal bands to do Ozzy songs. Gives you a new respect for Ozzy's singing.

There's ANOTHER death metal Ozzy tribute?? Jeez, Legend Of A Madman was bad enough. There was 1 or 2 bands on there that weren't death and played the songs pretty well, but that's it. There is a death metal tribute to Rush - that is just hilarious, I love it.

WhiteNoise said:

Yeah... I don't have a mixer though... my setup is just guitar--->OD pedal-->amp--->EQ (designed to be BEFORE the amp, but what the hell)--->line in

Basically, the problem is that I overdrive the input of the sound card... making for a nasty, buzzy tone... too brittle sounding... I want crunchy, this is staticy... a distortion blanketed by a thick coating of white noise. Hey, that fits, since my band's name IS "White Noise". What pisses me off is that some people have been taking my band name racially, and saying it means "white power". Christ... you don't see Godsmack getting gang-raped by a bunch of right-wing conservative Catholics...............

What I wouldn't do for a Line 6 POD right now... it would make recording oh so much easier.

Hmmm... Oh yeah... Glenn Danzig... duh... "Mother" is a good song... I'm quite fond of "Dirty Black Summer", too.

We should trade equipment... I got mixers and boards and everything and I only record myself, one thing at a time.

Guest spectre

Pretty good stuff...it is much better than I was expecting.

Guest spectre
WhiteNoise said:

Danzig rules.