Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

Guess what ?

I've updated my not-so-very famous Doom 3 homepage with a screenshot of a Doom-themed Quake III Arena map I'm working on. Warning: don't bother clicking on the thumbnail if you have a slow connection. The full image weighs in at about 600k - though the thumbnail gives a pretty good idea.

I just couldn't resist going the full 1280x1024 =) Lucky for you I don't have a 21" monitor... you really don't want to load a 2048x1536 image.

-----------> http://www.geocities.com/lordflathead <----------

Good idea! I only know some Dead Simple remakes for Q3A (because there was an Dead Simple mapping contest), it would be very nice to see some more Doom-themed maps.
Screenshot: The UAC logo looks out of place in the gothic environment. Try either too make an UAC base style map or a hell style map with gothic details, but don´t mix it, it also wasn´t mixed in Doom this way.

Yeah, I'm working on making the original Doom textures look a bit more convincing in Q3A. Shame you can't see it in the screenshot, but I'm actually quite proud of the UAC texture : it has some cool shader effects on it.

I think the "green marble" texture came out fine, though.

Don´t get me wrong, the UAC texture itself looks great! I just mean, take care for the whole environment. There were many base style levels in Doom2 with "demonic" details like horned skulls or satyre masks etc., but in the hell levels there were no base style details like UAC signs etc.
Do you plan a base style or a hell style map? You could need some greenish and brown concrete textures for that, maybe recolour some id textures. I also recommend the ikbase and evil´s custom texture sets for remakes of Doom levels.