Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

Geez. People, why don't you discuss Doom3?

The Doom3 forum used to be filled with great posts.

Then came flaming.
Flaming died.
And now you are talking about the monsters gender? and females?
Well.... I would rather talk about doom3. Don't let these forums end like Newdoom's...

I also have a topic to discuss.

Enveiroment(i didn't spell it correct)
What kind of enveiroments would you like to have in doom3?
Should it be like Doom1 and 2, or maybe more like Half-life? Outdoor or indoor?
Personaly, i love an enveiroment like Half-life's. If they could mix Doom's outside and Half-life's base-like, it would be heaven.

Give me your oppinion!

Nonono, keep everything halflifish away from Doom3, except the scripted events.
I want to have very different environments, but they all should have a gloomy feel. Many earth-like industrial, base, catacombs, ruins indoor/outdoor, spacestation and hell environment.
Hell environmet shouldn´t be just lava and hanging corpses. Does anybody know the dungeon sketches of the italian artist Piranesi? Something like that would be really cool for hell levels. But also surrealistic environments and places with depressive athmosphere.
The base environment should be sometimes futuristic and shiny, sometimes abandonend and rusty. It shouldn´t look too much recognizable (like in Halflife or SoF), because the whole story takes place in the future.

Yeah, the latest doom3 post. But uhmm, by saying " Try looking eight threads down.", you kinda like support what i'm saying. Hint: EIGHT!

Why are there eight posts between every doom3 one? It's sick!

Here is a Piranesi pic (sorry to all low speed modem users)
Would make a nice Doom3 level I think - with ALL the details ;)
EDIT hey what the hell? Why I can´t post pics anymore?! Ok, here is the link of the whole page http://tigtail.org/TVM/X1/rococo.html, scroll down to the bottom...but I think nobody cares...

deadnail, can you in your function as forum moderator explain me why I can´t post pictures?

I think we've been through every Doom-subject at least 5 times. That's why we're talkin' about other important stuff, like females...

Tetzlaff said:

Here is a Piranesi pic (sorry to all low speed modem users)
Would make a nice Doom3 level I think - with ALL the details ;)
EDIT hey what the hell? Why I can´t post pics anymore?! Ok, here is the link of the whole page http://tigtail.org/TVM/X1/rococo.html, scroll down to the bottom...but I think nobody cares...

deadnail, can you in your function as forum moderator explain me why I can´t post pictures?

No.

Sorry.

Actually, if you'd BOTHER TO PAY FREAKIN' ATTENTION I've mentioned this myself. You didn't bother to notice that links don't work now either, did you? Of course you didn't.

I'm so fucking unappreciated! *Whimper, Whimper*

I have brought this up before. So's the Reborn team since their pictures no longer load up conveniently. No I have no idea why. I'm just a part timer. I am as far out of the loop as you. Don't ask me.

You already mentionend it yourself? Sorry I haven´t noticed...But I wondered why the Reborn people didn´t post pics.
But I think you already asked doomworld´s elite about it? They will pay more attention to a part timer then to a not at all timer, I think.

I suppose we'll have to wait until id release more info (and the first screenshots) about the game until the posts start getting interesting again.