Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Perforator

my history of doom.....and doom 3.

I remember the day like it was yesturday...I went ovewr my neighbors house to get in my days worth of wolfenstein 3d, and for some ill reason he decided he was going to let me try out this new level he downloaded, there 15 ghost hitlers in one room. After getting done with that (oh yeah right I beat the level...your damn right I quit) he showed me this box that was in a squar shape and a centameter and one half thick, on the cover was all this red looking gut stuff and in the middle in them scary machanic words said "doom". After that I said yeah like this is better then wolf 3d...start it up.

It was that best damn game I ever played to this day, I remember watching him load up his saved game and running straight into that platform only to make it a message that said "please register for the full version of DOOM" which was replaced with that black room with the demons in it.

After playing quake for so long I thought I was going to puke, then I heard these words...."ID announces doom 3". I was jumping up and down and to this day wake up waiting...like a kid does for his first bike. Then today while I was taking out the trash it hit me...what the hell is gonna happen to the old doom. The new one comes out all the attention is gonna be around it...its like the old doom will never exist, and all the new comers will laugh at the old one (then I perforate there head to my pussy seat). But even though I'm getting doom 3 on release, I still fear the comuintee never looking back on the orignal dooms. It will be like I'm the only one playing doom anymore.

What about all the 486'ers out there, huh? Doom will never die.

There's still a hardcore group of Wolf3D fans out there, I'm sure they'll stick true even when the new Wolf3D draws in new blood.

Jesus Christ, I've been playing Megaman games like a damn freak since I was EIGHT. I'm STILL playing them (in fact, I can't wait until I can snag Megaman X5 for PSX when it gets up here!). Yet I still find time to enjoy the old ones on NESten every now and again.

Go to Newdoom.com and hit the Legacy page. Read the quote. =)

Chances are that the Doom 3 editors will be so complicated that they'll make non-programmers and non-architect's brains hurt, so Doom 1 and 2 will always be around :)

This is completely irrelevant, but some of the novel lovers (dear god, why? Why? WHY?) were getting pissed off with my signature, so I changed it =p

That could use a little bit of sharpening.

I'm gonna kill that faggot Taggart.
Flynn's a fag.
Doom was meant for a monitor, not a novel.
[The Author of the Novels] is my bitch.
Damn, no toilet paper. Thank God for the Doom novels!
Damn, no zigzags. Thank God for the Doom novels!
Damn, it's cold in here. Throw another Doom novel on the fire.

You know that soldier that died trying to open the door on E1M1? Flynn Taggart, check his dogtags.

deadnail said:

There's still a hardcore group of Wolf3D fans out there, I'm sure they'll stick true even when the new Wolf3D draws in new blood.

Jesus Christ, I've been playing Megaman games like a damn freak since I was EIGHT. I'm STILL playing them (in fact, I can't wait until I can snag Megaman X5 for PSX when it gets up here!). Yet I still find time to enjoy the old ones on NESten every now and again.

You're looking [at the text of] one of them right here! Wolfenstein is an amazing game! I still play it quite frenquently!

Booyaka!

S./

deadnail said:

Yeah, there'll always be 486s'ers out there.

Well, just as long as they don't realise that they could work at their local corner shop for a couple of weekends and be able to afford to upgrade to a P133 :)

deadnail said:

That could use a little bit of sharpening.

I'm gonna kill that faggot Taggart.
Flynn's a fag.
Doom was meant for a monitor, not a novel.
[The Author of the Novels] is my bitch.
Damn, no toilet paper. Thank God for the Doom novels!
Damn, no zigzags. Thank God for the Doom novels!
Damn, it's cold in here. Throw another Doom novel on the fire.

You know that soldier that died trying to open the door on E1M1? Flynn Taggart, check his dogtags.

are you talking about doom1? what soldier and what nametags?

that's a beautiful story, perforator. and you are right, doom3 will be the biggest thing ever, but i don't think people will ever forget doom...i still play doom, even though my ass is glued to quake 3 when i'm not, bottom line is: we're all slaves to id.