Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Omega

Doom ]|[

Guest Omega

I have some new stuff that should be in Doom3:
1.Weapons
There should be a Railgun, with variations of it. A sniper rifle with lllooonnnggg range.

2.Monsters
There should be stealth versions of more than just the demon, and the monsters should have seperate personalitys depending on who they are. Also, I think they should react differently dependiing on where they are shot. An example can be the Imp: Shot in shoulder, arm flies off.
Shot in head, and it dies in seconds.
Shot in stomach, guts and vomiting, etc.
Shot in Crotch,(If it has one,) Howls in pain.
3.Graphics
I think the graphics should be advanced and all, but not so advanced that it chnges the mood and feeling of doom.
Well, I think if blabbered on enough, lets see what everybody else thinks.

Guest elyuca

all this is old, look back.

There wasn´t a single new idea. We discussed the railgun, for example, many times. 50% hate the railgun, 50% love the railgun. I think there should a weapon which shoots like a railgun but looks totally different.
And leave the ugly SoF shit out.

wasted said:

wasted message... By the way all that (well most of it you can find in Soldier of fortune...)

and Rail gun its heavy upgraded model of sniper rifle whats the point to have same weapon?...

You've never played rail gun with zoom?... Rail gun in Q3Arena shots no so fast as in Q2(in that game it was real kickass weapon), it is not like that good old death-holder like it was before... In Doom 3 it should be the same as it was in Q2... Buy the way, do you think that Q2 was good reincarnation for Doom traditions? Say something... My point is: Q2 was exellent and awsome game for 1997(even for year later)...

Using FOV scripts should be considered cheating, as well as every weapon having a zoom function. On top of this I'd like a little icon to pop up on the screen when you're in someone's sights... just a reminder because I FUCKING hate campers and that's all a sniper weapon will bring in.

This long range stuff was fine in Quake but this is Doom... this is about getting neck deep in shit and crawling your way to the surface, guns blazing with claws sparking off of your armor the whole way up.

As for enemies, we've frequently discussed height variations, skin variations, bits of models only sometimes used (this zombie's chest is open, this one is missing a finger), and we've gone further into pack-hunting and animalistic insticts.

As for the overblown violence, SoF set that up pretty well and Doom will probably follow. It adds ZERO to gameplay so I refuse to put any form of importance in it (Don't believe me? Play Fur Fighters.).

The graphics should be advanced but not so advanced that it changes the feel of Doom?

So what, we're supposed to expect a whole lotta key finding and walls sliding upwards for packs of imps to lunge at us when we get the Plasma Rifle that's sitting on a pedastal in the middle of a room?

Sorry to be the one to have to break it to you, bucko, but the strive nowadays is for realism and comprimises will have to be made.

Doom 3 will NOT be made just to impress us 'old schoolz' as you damn kids say nowadays, it must also impress a new generation of Doomers or face harsh criticism and poor sales thus.

Guest Stealthy Ivan

These are some sweet ideas... I dont really have a problem with rail guns or snipers, as long as the players play fair and do not pitch a tent and chill waiting to pick off the first person they see... The blood and guts of a person getting shot has never been replicated very well, and the ideas you have for that are awsome. I hope to see more stuff like this :)

Stealthy Ivan

Tetzlaff said:

50% hate the railgun, 50% love the railgun.

Ever heard of the "Rocket vs Rail" mod? :)

Guest Omega
elyuca said:

all this is old, look back.

Ok, Ok, FUCK the railgun, but my ideas still stand.