Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest elyuca

barrels o' fun

Guest elyuca

Remember in Doom ][, that level with all the barrels? (23 or 26 i think) Just saying that I think the barrels in Doom had a very important role, not only for blasting enemies, but for wasting excess ammo :-)
I'll hbe pissed off if they dont come back in Doom 3. They should be used to blast walls, and maybe they could be tipped over to spill all the radioactive junk onto a pack of zombies in front of you -watch them melt or something stupid like that.

elyuca said:

and maybe they could be tipped over to spill all the radioactive junk onto a pack of zombies in front of you

Great !

You´re right, explosive barrels belong to Doom just like pools with green acid and noisy hydraulic doors :)

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see them back too... just differently is all.

That'd have to be some real unstable shit to go off like that, so how about it just bursting into flames and have fire whipping out of the drum, like a similar animation in Doom 2?

I'm all for explosives... how about stacked crates of munitions that go off when fired upon? Be more realistic.

BTW, in a green 5.56 ammo case like in Doom there's 200 rounds, not 50. An actual crate of the stuff would have FAR more than you could carry... none of this b.s. Half-Life stuff where you whack a crate nine times with a crowbar and a single box of shotgun shells come out. Dammit, there could be 3000 shotgun shells in a friggin' box that big! Excuse me, SHOULD, and I'm including the padding.

AND PALLETS TOO FOR GOD'S SAKE. How the HELL did that mess of boxes get to E2M2, huh?! Each box was CARRIED in and HAND-STACKED? I don't see any pallets or even guides for a futuristic machine to haul those things in there! It's just fake as hell after a year or two of RealWorld ©TM Warehouse work.

You´re right with the pallets, BUT - if you want to have crates filled to the top with 3000 shotgun shells, just because in reality there wouldn´t be many crates with a single box of shotgun shells - what will happen with gameplay? All the time you had to be careful with your ammo, and then, suddenly you have more then you can carry. You know what I mean?

Guest madmario
wasted said:

Barrels also may be used to set traps for player...

yes, I agree. What if you could push those barrels around,
e.g. towards a closed door where you expect to be some
bad guys behind... open the door `n` BOOM...

Or even THEY put some barrels where you just came from ?
Imagine you walk into a room- lo ammo, lo health, they`ve been
expecting you, you`re running back, "WHERE THE HECK DO THIS BARRELS COME FR... Splurch!

Eeugh, you`d better be careful, I think this would make gameplay
really interesting!

Yeah, and they also killed ya! Why knock them over, when you can just shoot'em?