Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest elyuca

Trouble at id?

Guest elyuca

Are any of you guys familiar with what happened with trilobyte? They made the 7th Guest and the 11th hour. The founders of the company went separate ways in the end. One to do technology the other to do creativity. 2 things that made the 7th guest a hit. Eventually the company went from a $50 million jackpot to a piece of shit. One of the founders went to work on quake 3 for id. Read this great story:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/btg-tri/
Do you guys think that this might happen to id? Theres obviously tension going on between the founders of the company. JC and most of the team want to make Doom 3, while the top guys dont.

Still wonders why the "top" guys dont want to...
Dont JC and AC own half of the damned company? I sure hope people dont start quiting on them...DONT wanna see D3 put down like their web-page...

Guest elyuca

JC and AC? NO!
Its Adrian Carmack and TOD HOLLENSHEAD.
JC is a humble ferrari owner with no life, and all he wants to do is build 3d engines, which is just what everyone wants him to be.

Guest elyuca

What are you guys doing up so late? Just wondering.

elyuca said:

JC and AC? NO!
JC is a humble ferrari owner with no life, and all he wants to do is build 3d engines, which is just what everyone wants him to be.

Thats bullshit: JC one of the founders and also one of the owners. I think that would be no problem in id, but it might be problem with a Doom 3: remember what they were saying while making Q3Arena - at first that it would be game with no conecction to Quake serie; later - that it might be not no Quakes anymore and etc. The plans were changing rapidly while id were making the game. The same can happen with Doom 3: for example they might say that is would be no conecction with previous Doom games and so on...

elyuca said:

Damn it, cant you see - replying your message!!!
And besides - its morning here....

elyuca said:

I work thirds, bucko. 4am is noon for me. =)

wasted said:

Thats bullshit: JC one of the founders and also one of the owners. I think that would be no problem in id, but it might be problem with a Doom 3: remember what they were saying while making Q3Arena - at first that it would be game with no conecction to Quake serie; later - that it might be not no Quakes anymore and etc. The plans were changing rapidly while id were making the game. The same can happen with Doom 3: for example they might say that is would be no conecction with previous Doom games and so on...

Sorry wasted, this isn't gonna happen with D3... They are working on making it a SP game, and no arena bs. Besides, the legendary title "Doom" carries out hellspawn and space marines...They CAN'T change that.. No.

elyuca said:

JC and AC? NO!

The three owners of ID are the two Carmacks and Kevin Cloud. Hollenshead just handles biz and PR stuff as far as I know.

From Carmack's "infamous" .plan update:

<< I discussed it with some of the other guys, and we decided that it was important enough to drag the company through an unpleasant fight over it.An ultimatum was issued to Kevin and Adrian (who control >50% of the company): We are working on DOOM for the next project unless you fire us.>>