Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

About Doom64 and a damned good reason

I am getting sick of people saying Doom64 is gay..Ok, I do agree now, that yes, the Doom novels did suck, but there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with Doom64.

Doom64 provides 32 ALL new level, with the most kick ass architecture I have ever seen in a game, and it slowly advances even better than the original Doom. The music rules, its so fucking scary, the new sounds sound a lot more real than the old Doom too. But the coolest thing of all, is how they completely re-made all of the monsters. Oh God, I love the new monster, especailly the Pain Elemental, and the Arachnotron.

Another reason Doom64 is kick ass, is the different skies. You HAVE to admit, those skies rule. Ever few levels, the sky advances, there is a night time sky with stars and mountains, a sky with glowing red clouds moving across the sky, one with orange/brown clouds moving with mountains in the back, a blue cloud moving with mountains and lightning, and there are three fire skies; Red, Blue, and Green. The fire skies rule, they look so damned real!

And think about the two new monsters {Nightmare imp, and mother demon.} And the new lazer weapon, which is the only upgradable weapon in Doom. And how sweet all the remade weapons look, and the sweet new plasma rifle, which has not been out beat yet.

The level design, very good level design. Look at the new water, the new water looks really sweet! Hey, there is nothing wrong with Doom64. Please, just pop it in, and put in the code "?TJLBDFWBFGVJVVB" and skim through the levels, be open, tell me, what* the* hell* is* wrong* with* Doom64!?

I'll tell you everything that's wrong with it: Nothing.
But there's not an awful lot of good about it, either. I saw it as the Doom game that tried to be Quake, both in atmosphere, level design, art direction...

Basically, if Doom3 turns out like D64, then yeah, I'll play it - as I've said, there's nothing wrong with it, but I'll sure be disappointed.

BTW You're correct about the pain elementals. In D64 I was more weary of those things than I were the Cyberdemons!

Although the rest suck ass, epsecially that last one. The flames I could handle, it was just the overpowered revenant missiles that went faster then you could run. Grrr...

Guest Omega

I can't honestly rate it, scince I don't have a fucking N64 (Which sucks like last months shit, I might add,) but I for one have heard good reviews about D64, and I'd like to own it. It sounds sweet.

Umm, I don't remember anyone saying that Doom64 sucks, but what the hell.

There's three gay things about it though:

1) the pistol (ugh!)

2) the Mancubus (looks more like one of the Duke Nukem 3D enemies than the actual Mancubus)

3) joypad (oi! Consoles! Nooo!)

Omega said:

I can't honestly rate it, scince I don't have a fucking N64 (Which sucks like last months shit, I might add,) but I for one have heard good reviews about D64, and I'd like to own it. It sounds sweet.

All else fails you can always try it out on UltraHLE. Of course, the game and a used N64 shouldn't run you more than $80 nowadays.

It doesn't really seem to work too well on any of the emulators. The ones I've tried, it's either way too slow, everything is completely white, or all the textures are missing.

I got it running fine on UltraHLE... except that my V2 card coupled with my monitor made me have to turn the brightness up to like 300% in the voodoo settings... but it was smooth, everything was there... then I configured it to be controlled just like Doom... it kicked ass.

NiGHTMARE said:

It doesn't really seem to work too well on any of the emulators. The ones I've tried, it's either way too slow, everything is completely white, or all the textures are missing.

Well it obviously worked well for me on a P3-450 with a Voodoo 3, well enough to play through half of it and get you some kickass screenshots. I've never actually seen it go all white or have no textures... what emus you use?

Guest MANCUVUS

I HAVE NEVER PLAYED DOOM64 AND TO TELL THE TRUTH I DONT WANT TO, BUT I'VE SEEN THE MONSTERS OF THAT GAME AND DEAMN THEY SUCK IT IS AN INSULT FOR THE ORIGINAL DOOM, SPECIALY THE MANCUBUS LIKE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SAID, I AGREE WITH THAT ABOUT THE NEW LEVELS BUT WHY THA HELL THEY CHANGE THE MONSTERS I MEAN DEMONS AND WEAPONS, THATS BULLSHIT

MANCUVUS said:

I HAVE NEVER PLAYED DOOM64 AND TO TELL THE TRUTH I DONT WANT TO, BUT I'VE SEEN THE MONSTERS OF THAT GAME AND DEAMN THEY SUCK IT IS AN INSULT FOR THE ORIGINAL DOOM, SPECIALY THE MANCUBUS LIKE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SAID, I AGREE WITH THAT ABOUT THE NEW LEVELS BUT WHY THA HELL THEY CHANGE THE MONSTERS I MEAN DEMONS AND WEAPONS, THATS BULLSHIT

I also have never played Doom64, but I am happy about every variation on the Doom themes, and that is what I have seen on the Screenshots: variations of the Doom demons and weapons, some look better, some look bader.

But the most boring thing is "i wAnT eVeRyThInG eXaCtLy tHe SAmE"

deadnail said:

Well it obviously worked well for me on a P3-450 with a Voodoo 3, well enough to play through half of it and get you some kickass screenshots. I've never actually seen it go all white or have no textures... what emus you use?

I've tried UltraHLE, Nemu, Nin64 and 1964. Maybe they just don't like my computer or something.

MANCUVUS said:

Check your spelling and take off caps.