Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

It's fucking STANLEY KUBRICK. STAN-FUCKING-LEY

Bravo! is showing all of his movies all summer long! Hooray!

what was your favorite one of his movies?

For me, it was 2001: a space odyssey. I've watched it a couple of times sober and on weed, and it was just amazing.

kubrick is one of those directors that has a singular style. thanks for the heads up. now to check my local listings.

Disorder said:

I heard Eyes wide shut was really bad..
I love The shining though.

eyes wide shut wasn't as good as it could have been considering he died b4 it was finished. but hey, it had some good stuff in it.

the shining is an awesome movie, but stephen king hated it. thats why he made that made-for-tv remake, which was not bad. the fact that it was on tv meant reduced violence, language constraints, muted sexuality. but he did put as much as he could from the book. comparing the two versions is like apples and oranges, IMO.

::edit:: dr. strangelove was by far one of the best comedy movies around.

I've seen Dr Strangeglove, 2001, A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket. I can barely remember the first 2 though as I watched them at least 10 years ago, but out of the other two, I can't really decide which one I like better. They're both movies everyone should see more than once.

The TV movie of Shining was WAY better, you can't adapt a King story into a 2 or even 3 hour film. The TV series he's currently working on is supposed to be the biggest in TV history. I can hardly wait!

Eyes Wide Shut = Nude Nicole Kidman

Thank you mister Kubrick!!!!

Ok it's time someone stepped up to the line and screamed It's fucking STANLEY KUBRICK. STANFUCKINGLEY, fix it.

fodders said:

Ok it's time someone stepped up to the line and screamed It's fucking STANLEY KUBRICK. STANFUCKINGLEY, fix it.

Alright, geez, don't getchya knickers in a knot old man.

Dr. Strangelove is epic, man. My favorite of Stanley's work.

My sisters have this ongoing arguement as to whether or not there is one movie that defines Kubrick.

darknation said:

2001: A Space Odyssey (sp?)

Simply the greatest film ever made.

I thought that movie was rather lame.

Maybe if it actually made some fucking sense and didn't spend fifty minutes showing a stupid shuttle docking with a space station it'd be cool.

I dunno, I saw it when I was like eleven. Maybe if I saw it again I'd like it.

Archvile64 said:

I dunno, I saw it when I was like eleven.

Well, um, that explains it, doesn't it?

Now go and watch it again.

I've only seen Clockwork Orange and Full Metal Jacket. FMJ's first half was great (Sgt. Hartman, gotta luv him) though overall CO is better.

Eyes Wide Shut was awful. FMJ was great, but the second half dragged a bit (the best bit was the bathroom scene) and Clockwork Orange also dragged and was overrated imo.

What did you guys think of A.I? Personally I think Spielberg fucked it. The film needed to be more brutal and the ending was just stupid.

I stil want to see AI. Some say it's bad, some love it.
But what I heard most about it, is that AI is overall a very slow movie.. It's like everything you see runs in slowmotion. There's no pace at all.

Disorder said:

I stil want to see AI. Some say it's bad, some love it.
But what I heard most about it, is that AI is overall a very slow movie.. It's like everything you see runs in slowmotion. There's no pace at all.

It was okay... weird... but it's true it feels like slowmo even when it's really not.

Btw, 2001 Space Odyssey is the most overrated piece of garbage to touch the screen. It's almost like they purposely made it seem artsy to make fun of the people who enjoy splotches of brown paint on a white surface (oh my such beauty! the pain the artist went through!).
The movie went absolutely nowhere, the plot was barely there, and there's this really painful scene that feels like an eternity where the guy is just floating in space breathing with a constant hissing noise in the background. Anyways ya so..

Psyonisis said:

Btw, 2001 Space Odyssey is the most overrated piece of garbage to touch the screen. It's almost like they purposely made it seem artsy to make fun of the people who enjoy splotches of brown paint on a white surface (oh my such beauty! the pain the artist went through!).
The movie went absolutely nowhere, the plot was barely there, and there's this really painful scene that feels like an eternity where the guy is just floating in space breathing with a constant hissing noise in the background. Anyways ya so..

This could go on truth media. It's brilliant but retarded at the same time.

Psyonisis said:

SEE IT'S NOT JUST CAUSE I WAS ELEVEN.

Archvile64 said:

SEE IT'S NOT JUST CAUSE I WAS ELEVEN.

Psyonisis is either a retard, or pretending to be one, or he also was eleven when he saw the movie.

Stanley Kubrick...one of my favorite directors of all time. Let's see:

Dr. Strangelove - One of the coolest movies ever. I just love the part where they are discussing living underground and how they are going to uh...assure mankind's survival.

2001: A Space Odessey - It wasn't nearly as good as the book, and I always find myself falling asleep aout 3/4 of the way through the movie.

A Clockwork Orange - Another great movie. I once brought this over to my friend's house and we watched it before a D&D game. Now we all know the lingo.

The Shining - Pretty good. Kind of odd, and I know where they filmed it. In fact, I was in that area earlier today.

Full Metal Jacket - Best Kubrick movie and one of my top 5 movies of all time. I have to stop and watch it whenever it's on.

EDIT: god dammit, I didn't mean to press submit.

Eyes Wide Shut - Never seen it, and I don't really feel like seeing it, from all the crap I've heard.

A.I. - It started out weak, then it was cool for a while, then the ending was shit. The part with Ministry was great, as was all the running from the humans, and we should have seen more than that. I have no idea how much of this was Spielburg's fault and how much was Kubrick, so I'm not going to point any fingers.

The Shining - A classic, as is the Simpsons' spoof on it on one of those Halloween specials.

the_Danarchist said:

2001: A Space Odessey - It wasn't nearly as good as the book, and I always find myself falling asleep aout 3/4 of the way through the movie.

Die.

Why? Because I always fal asleep in the middle of the movie? I cannot control my bioryhtms, I'm sorry.

2001: A Space Odessey is one of those movies you either love or hate. I think it is because it is the only true Science Fiction movie ever made. All others have been "polluted" by other genres. There are lots of scifi-thrillers, scifi-comedies, scifi-horror movies etc. Only 1 is 100% pure; 2001: A Space Odessey!

I can understand some people find it a boring movie even though I don`t. You have to love the Science Fiction genre to appreciate 2001. If you`re not into that, you`re not into 2001
Science Fiction = 2001: A Space Odessey = Science Fiction.

Something else I`d like to bring up...
Who`ll be "the next Stanley Kubrick?"

I think it`ll be Darren Aronofsky(Requiem for a dream and Pi). Like Kubrick he is "one of those directors that has a singular style." Pi rocks!