Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SoKatH

Doom 3 Musik (Yes, I know...)

Yeah you're damn right I'm bringing this one up again. While Trent is an amazing artist. I think that the way his musical style is going his musical score for Doom 3 might not be that great. I mean honestly can you imagine playing Doom to the majority of the stuff on The Fragile? I didn't think so. Anyway, not that this is gonna make much difference but I thought we needed another topic (already discussed) to talk about. I think that what Doom needs is melodic brooding music that has a good beat but can also pick up the tempo to a fast and adrenaline pumping beat. While I would probably jazz my pants if Front Line Assembly did the music, they're a little to fast. But some of their slower stuff would dominate Doom.

Another great musician is Rudy Ratzinger, better known as Wumpscut, he does amazing Gothic-Industrial electronica which could be a killer score for Doom 3. Because quite frankyl I get scared listening to it. Well not really. (Okay fine, I do.)

Anyhoo, let's hear your oppinions, not just on Trent (because we've all heard enough of that shit) but of who you think would be better and why (because we've heard marginally less of that shit).

And deadnail, what sort of music is Apoptygma Berzerk and are they good?

S./

"I mean honestly can you imagine playing Doom to the majority of the stuff on The Fragile?"

I would note that the style presented on The Fragile is not all there is to Trent... He has done quite different stuff before and will propably do different stuff in future too... Who know what kind of stuff his making to DooM 3?

I must've gone on at least 10 times about how calling Mr. Cry-baby Fuzz-lover a musician is an insult to everybody else who writes music so I won't do it again.

Devin Townsend - if anybody could do the Doom soundtrack, this man can.

Other possibilites:
Arch Enemy
Blind Guardian (only if Doom3 is gonna be more adventurous than dark)
Borknagar
Cradle Of Filth
Dark Tranquillity
Danzig (Combo of Black Aria, Lucifuge and Blackacidevil would rock this soundtrack)
Das Ich (These guys specialize in horror/industrial)
Labyrinth
Samael

I think it would be cool if each of these guys contributed a few tracks, that would be variety. Sometimes I wonder if Enigma could turn out some good horror-ish music with those choirs and stuff they've got.

Yeah, i agree that Blind Guardian would be pretty good music for Doom3. In flames would be good too tho, fits very good for the originals.

Well, they're um, Techno... I think. There're so many classes of techno it's all a blur to me now. Maybe they're rave, maybe their electronica, NO ONE FUCKING CARES.

They're good, though, real good. They sound like they sample a LOT of real world instruments and mix them with C64 samples. ;)

Haunting is a good track, from their best album IMHO "7".

There's some remixes of if floating around too, I'm not too fond of them. The song Deep Red about fucking a chick while cutting her with a razor blade is a really good exploration of that fetish. I've tried it, but it just doesn't work well with me. I have a hard time hurting someone unless they deserve it. Self mutilation, then, is of course fine. ;P

Welcome to Earth is just a fucked up album.

DiSTuRBeD said:

Yeah, i agree that Blind Guardian would be pretty good music for Doom3. In flames would be good too tho, fits very good for the originals.

I was gonna put In Flames, as well as possibly Old Man's Child, but as long as Doom 3 covers more than one specific setting, they just won't cut it. Not enough overall variety. They need people who can cover a little bit of every type of music I think.

Hmmm... I have to say that The Haunted would do a kickass Doom 3 soundtrack. It's basically the reformed members of At The Gates, minus the vocalist. They've covered everything from blistering death metal madness to slow, melodic acoustic guitar instrumentals, to dramatic instrumentals featuring synth strings and distorted guitars...

SirRobin said:

"I mean honestly can you imagine playing Doom to the majority of the stuff on The Fragile?"

I would note that the style presented on The Fragile is not all there is to Trent... He has done quite different stuff before and will propably do different stuff in future too... Who know what kind of stuff his making to DooM 3?

I am more than aware that Trent has made some amazing stuff in the past, but he seems to be calming down a bit, and this is also reflected in The Fragile.

S./

SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It would be so cool if they did the doom3 soundtrack. Imagine Playing doom to 'Point' or 'Bitter Peace'! It would RULE!!!!!!

two words
THE OFFSPRING!!!!!!!!!
I nearly always put an offspring cd in the drive when playing doom

doom works best to:

BEHEADED (THE OFFSPRING)
DEMONS (THE OFFSPRING)
BLACK BALL (THE OFFSPRING)
ONE FINE DAY (CONSPARCY OF ONE)
HAVE YOU EVER (AMERICANA)
STAIRING AT THE SUN (AMERICANA)
BAD HABIT (SMASH)
HUCK IT (HUCK IT THE FILM)