Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

I see it now...

Wow, that was creepy. I JUST noticed what you guys are talking about. On www.ua-corp.com The text "All your base is our" is hidden, its black on black, and you have to highlight it.

OH Im EXCITED! I see it now, the new improved UAC Corps on MARS, and you on your way there... suddenly, to hear that message...Those bastards are back...again... >:)

Oh, my stomach is turning, im LOVING this. :)

Im seeing the new architecture, the re-made monsters in 900+ polygons { :P } and...I hope they make the sky night time... not day...OOOOHHH!!! CANT* WAIT* GONNA* KILL* .... End of transmission

Bah, took you long enough. I got in the habit of dissecting every site I go to a few years back. There's some sites where you can find twice as much hidden as what they show you directly, including a few that are updated on a regular basis.

Personally, I'd like to see the monsters in 4000+ polygons, and I'd especially like to see curved surfaces on the models as well as the architecture. It'd also be nice if there were a wide variety of skies, not just one type.

4000 polys is the minimum to expect. Having GF2 Ultra as the lower spec, one can go nuts on the polycounts...

Curved surfaces on enemies are, first than all, a great improvement over the original "create-vertex-move-make face" that everyone uses today. NURBSs patches are easy to exploit, and they give the user the chance to vary the polycount from horrendous looking 100 faces up to the raycasting amount.
The only problem with curved surfaces is themselves... yeah. The "B" on NURBSs stands for Bezier, and Bezier functions always turn spikes into soft cones, making both texturing and general look of the model get crappier.

Tessellating is a better choice, specially if one uses the NURMS method, that provides near-perfect face creation.

About the "base are belong" crap, I discovered it not by draggin the mouse, but looking into the source code...

deadnail said:

Bah, took you long enough. I got in the habit of dissecting every site I go to a few years back. There's some sites where you can find twice as much hidden as what they show you directly, including a few that are updated on a regular basis.

Personally, I'd like to see the monsters in 4000+ polygons, and I'd especially like to see curved surfaces on the models as well as the architecture. It'd also be nice if there were a wide variety of skies, not just one type.

Oh hell yes deadnail... EXACTLY! And a variety of skies like D64.

Oh God, I can just imagine seeing the IMP that looks like a freaking movie!! :)

Guest Doom4Ever

maybe its just me but what are you guys talking about? i went to www.ua-corp.com and is says its under construction. and what does "all your bases are our" actually mean. but hey, maybe i am just stupid.

Zaldron said:

4000 polys is the minimum to expect. Having GF2 Ultra as the lower spec, one can go nuts on the polycounts...

Curved surfaces on enemies are, first than all, a great improvement over the original "create-vertex-move-make face" that everyone uses today. NURBSs patches are easy to exploit, and they give the user the chance to vary the polycount from horrendous looking 100 faces up to the raycasting amount.
The only problem with curved surfaces is themselves... yeah. The "B" on NURBSs stands for Bezier, and Bezier functions always turn spikes into soft cones, making both texturing and general look of the model get crappier.

Tessellating is a better choice, specially if one uses the NURMS method, that provides near-perfect face creation.

About the "base are belong" crap, I discovered it not by draggin the mouse, but looking into the source code...

my cat's breath smells like cat food.

About the game that that's from... WTF

That is the poorest grammar I have even seen. A fucking 7 year old could write better dialogue than that.

deadnail said:

Hopefully they'll use a skeletal animation system with individual body zones. Using the skeletal system, you can actually create good looking models with a small polygon count, so imagine what you could do with a HIGH polygon count and this system... *drool*

Check out the following site (an Ultima 1 remake) for some low-poly skeletal system models: http://www.peroxide.dk/ultima/screenshots.htm

I think Half-life also used a skeletal animation system, but I'm not 100% sure.

One post instead of two. I'm economical! Put down the stungun assholes!

NiGHTMARE: Hell yeah. Imagine a couple of dozen hair 'bones' in that skeleton... oh, and Half-Life? Had it. 100% sure over here. Sorry but I refuse to check out the Ultima thing, I was RPG weaned on Final Fantasy 4.

Psy: Where have I heard that before? :P

Psyonisis said:

I can't imagine what my cat's breath smells like he's been eating birds and mice and such... yack.

Psyonisis said:

all the popular people i know tend to stay away form me and my friends even more than they used to now , because all that we talk about in school is the simpsons. we know every dialog line. thats all we speek: simpsons dialog

deadnail said:

One post instead of two. I'm economical! Put down the stungun assholes!

NiGHTMARE: Hell yeah. Imagine a couple of dozen hair 'bones' in that skeleton... oh, and Half-Life? Had it. 100% sure over here. Sorry but I refuse to check out the Ultima thing, I was RPG weaned on Final Fantasy 4.

Psy: Where have I heard that before? :P

By not playing the Ultimas, you're really limiting yourself. Ultima 7 Part 1, Ultima Underworld and Ultima Underworld 2 are three of the best games ever made, for any platform.