Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Uptown

SOMETHING ON THE NO TRANCE AND ROCK

Guest Uptown

THis is a game, and i don't know what other kind of music you can put in a game like quake or doom. We cant put any love songs or any classical songs, or not even rap, just doesn't fit the game. So rock or trance, techo electronic fits perfectly with this game.

Guest Uptown

I don't know about you guys but me to tell you guys the truth, i don't really care about music. When ever i play a game i always turn the music off. It puts me more into the game. No music to interupt me wit the game.

SoKatH & NIGHTMARE in their latast musik posts will give you looots of info bout that, just read it...

Well my point here: it could be EXTREMLY cool if Metallica could cooperate with id and create original soundtrack for game... Just one of the wasted thoughts....
Ride the lightning was the best album. With Load/Reload they've changed. Metallica after black album is different from Metallica of Kill'em all/ Ride the lightning/ Master/ Justice4all... But they still kicking ass...

Uptown said:

I don't know about you guys but me to tell you guys the truth, i don't really care about music. When ever i play a game i always turn the music off. It puts me more into the game. No music to interupt me wit the game.

Damn, so if you not intresting in game musik (you even dont listening that) what the point to post messages about that?
Is it like Total score about Doom3 music discussion?
Just wasted thoughts....

Guest Uptown

i just wanted to say something about what was being talked about before, they said no tech and rock in the game. And from my opinion there is no other music to put in the game if you take those two out.

wasted said:

SoKatH & NIGHTMARE in their latast musik posts will give you looots of info bout that, just read it...

Well my point here: it could be EXTREMLY cool if Metallica could cooperate with id and create original soundtrack for game... Just one of the wasted thoughts....
Ride the lightning was the best album. With Load/Reload they've changed. Metallica after black album is different from Metallica of Kill'em all/ Ride the lightning/ Master/ Justice4all... But they still kicking ass...

Metallica were the ones who have their own game, right (I may be confusing them with Iron Maiden here). If so, they couldn't even be bothered to write new songs for that, so I very much doubt they would do it for another game.

Besides, Metallica seem to be very anti-computers at the moment, what with all this napster/mp3 stuff.

Uptown said:

i just wanted to say something about what was being talked about before, they said no tech and rock in the game. And from my opinion there is no other music to put in the game if you take those two out.

No-one said no rock, I said no heavy metal. VERY different things. But anyway, rock is like Buddy Holly and Elvis and stuff, so definately no that anyway :)

And there are LOTs of other types of metal, some which may or may not be suitable. Ambient, industrial and gothic would be my personal choice for the game.

And techno in Doom? Man, I think even Lut would agree how much that would suck.

NiGHTMARE said:

Metallica were the ones who have their own game, right (I may be confusing them with Iron Maiden here). If so, they couldn't even be bothered to write new songs for that, so I very much doubt they would do it for another game.

Besides, Metallica seem to be very anti-computers at the moment, what with all this napster/mp3 stuff.

It waS MAIDEN, AND THE GAME WAS BASED AROUND SONGS THEY HAD ALREADY WRITTEN! oops, i hit caps lock by misake!

It was called Ed hunter, and (allegedly) sucked ass. It was rather like Virtual Cop. Would've been better if it had like doom or quake.

NiGHTMARE said:

Well, yes they are anti-comp at moment. L.U. sad lately that is hard to defent copyrights at moment, but aniway. Myself i dont think that Metallica can bring something special and spiritual, but it might be nice to hear something like "For whom the bell tolls" and "Fade to Black" in Doom3...
Just wasted thoughts...

Guest Dream Destroyer
NiGHTMARE said:

No-one said no rock, I said no heavy metal. VERY different things. But anyway, rock is like Buddy Holly and Elvis and stuff, so definately no that anyway :)

And there are LOTs of other types of metal, some which may or may not be suitable. Ambient, industrial and gothic would be my personal choice for the game.

And techno in Doom? Man, I think even Lut would agree how much that would suck.

Night at the doomsberry.

Guest elyuca

Who ever suggested clasical, rap or love music for a game?
What you said is way too obvious

wasted said:

Well, yes they are anti-comp at moment. L.U. sad lately that is hard to defent copyrights at moment, but aniway. Myself i dont think that Metallica can bring something special and spiritual, but it might be nice to hear something like "For whom the bell tolls" and "Fade to Black" in Doom3...
Just wasted thoughts...

sure they could put somethign spiritual in the game. thats why i listen to music. its a spiritual thing. my favorite sogn is the unforgiven II. but if they coudl do something on par with sanitarium for doom3. that would kick so much butt-fuckign ass.

Guest tropikal

check out this song:

Emperor - IX Equilibrium - 08 - Of Blindness & Subsequent Seers

this song puts my mind in doom3. i think id should have some music like this in the game