Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
doomsick

the soundtrack

i don't think the music for doom3 should be done by a band. i didn't think too much of the NIN sdtrk on quake, though i like NIN. i think it ought to be something ambient with a grim atmospheric feel, not unlike the original. i mean, if you must listen to some band, you can always turn the music volume down and pop in a cd, that's what i do when i play a game that has music that sucks

I don't care, as long as there's some cheesey, overused rock muzak riff in the map one tune :P

heh. Don't expect Reznor to do that! He will probably just take an ambient sound and a screwdriver! AND BOOM, he has a soundtrack ready!

Shaviro said:

heh. Don't expect Reznor to do that! He will probably just take an ambient sound and a screwdriver! AND BOOM, he has a soundtrack ready!

Screwdriver? I always wondered about how he got those screams (Evil grin)

I think NIN should do the soundtrack because Trent makes music heavy, like doom music is supposed to be, but he doesn't make it too heavy, like the Q2 sountrack seemed to be (agree/dissagree?). Back when he did Quake he was in his Downward Spiral phase, which is heavier than his recent Fragile phase. Hmmm...sounds like I'm talking about a mentally ill person.