Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest elyuca

id anthology kicks!

Guest elyuca

I just got the 'id anthology' in the mail. WOOHOO!
Its this huge ass box, with a big foam on the inside to hold all the contents:
-The id book, which contains the historyof id since Softdisk till they made Quake 1. and all the games that were made during that period in time by id.
-An id anthology poster.
-2 dog tags. One has a weird demonic symbol, the other has the id logo.
-An id anthology calling card (?) It looks goon in my wallet though
-A pewter Cyberdeamon figurine (awesome)
-And a Doom comic book.

I must say that id should have kept on making these, they would sell allot. Too bad It didnt come with the shirt taht was supposed to come with it.

Im pretty sure that when Doom 3 comes out, there will be reflection upon the other 2 dooms and take out the TRUE Doom Trilogy, not the crappy one that came with Doom, Doom 2, and master levels, all in paper sleves and with no manuals, but one with an original, vintage hard copy of the Doom bible, and more, more I tell you, pewter figurines!

A) You should scan the comic at like, 250 or 300 dpi and upload it everywhere so all Doom sites can have perfect copies of it.

B) The Depths of Doom Trilogy discs came in sleeves, true, but they DID come with the original Manuals as well.

C) Sounds good, the 'Perfect Damnation' collection. Doom, Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, Doom 3, and some nifty collectibles to boot.

If your'e gonna put Ultimate Doom in there, whats the point of Doom then? Alternatively, they could put a disk full of betas or something or version 1.3. Heh. Betas were funny :).

deadnail said:

A) You should scan the comic at like, 250 or 300 dpi and upload it everywhere so all Doom sites can have perfect copies of it.

B) The Depths of Doom Trilogy discs came in sleeves, true, but they DID come with the original Manuals as well.

C) Sounds good, the 'Perfect Damnation' collection. Doom, Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, Doom 3, and some nifty collectibles to boot.

Yeah, some pins, posters & T-shirts. And if you order the Gold package, you´ll get the action figures, a supershotgun, a big cardboard of the Cyberdaemon, the remastered music from all the Dooms and a DVD with DooM3 cinematics at DivX format...

Guest elyuca
danarchist said:

If your'e gonna put Ultimate Doom in there, whats the point of Doom then? Alternatively, they could put a disk full of betas or something or version 1.3. Heh. Betas were funny :).

At least playable betas. The alpha always crashes on me

Guest elyuca
deadnail said:

Ill do that!

..... as soon as f2s comes back online so I can register.
I want a new nick....
help!!

Guest Relajo

Hey Elyuca!!!!!

It sounds like great stuff! but FUCK, I live on Ecuador... so I can't get that very easy around here, can you tell me where I can get that????

Please...

elyuca said:

Ill do that!

..... as soon as f2s comes back online so I can register.
I want a new nick....
help!!

So, you're not the only guy from Yucatan online anymore and you want to change your handle, eh?

Well, don't go for anything mechanical, like AstroBlade or Android927436923694387623976492763497263498623 because they're all overdone to hell.

Don't go for anything that would sound like it's from Ultima Online or Ballguy's Gate, like Aphfenshire Dwire'swollen or Xerxes Sarwhenshnell becuase they're, well, gay.

Don't go with any video game references at all, because in a few years you will grow tired of it and want to change it again. Besides, aren't there enough Taggart666s and Freeman420s out there?

I'd say the best nickname is very short (less than 4 syllables), easy to remember & spell, and has some sort of meaning behind it.

That's why I like deadnail, a deadnail (aka deathnail) is the last nail put into a coffin.

Actually, you can adopt a videogame´s reference for your name. The key is to NOT select well-known games. My nick, for example, is one of the "Master of Magic" Hero units (Zaldron the Sage).
Don´t go for DooMman, Hydralisk, Freeman, The Sims or Sub-Zero...

Guest elyuca
Zaldron said:

Yeah, some pins, posters & T-shirts. And if you order the Gold package, you´ll get the action figures, a supershotgun, a big cardboard of the Cyberdaemon, the remastered music from all the Dooms and a DVD with DooM3 cinematics at DivX format...

Yes, an actual working remake of the super shotgun
excellent....

Yeah, a little .22 or .22 magnum double barrelled shotgun toy. Every parent would love that!

Actually, that'd be pretty cool.

I'd like to see a double barrelled .22 hornet rifle myself, tho...