Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MaCvILeWhOrE

custom gibs and blood

Ok, being the coffee-pissing-in-idea-making-bastard i am, i have came up with (i hope) a new idea:

CUSTOM GIBS!!!

Let me explain:

So you know how in q3a that there are many diffeerent races and species of players, but they all have the same gibs and same blood color, well i think a cool thing to do in doom3 would be to create custom gibs for your custom model, and select what there blood color would be. For ex. your creature/robot/etc. has four arms, 2 heads, and has green blood, you create custom gib models so all 4 arms and 2 heads would come off when they gib, and when they get shot or gibbed there blood flying around would be green or whatever color you choose, or you could section off points of the body, and make gib/pain skins for them, and if you have a skeleton like bones you could select to have no blood at all, or have dust and bone powder come off of him when he is shot/gibbed, and there would be no blood splatter in that situation either, it would just be broken and crushed bones.

So, how is my idea, just trying to bring back some real point to this board as for what it was designed for.

Well, hope you think my idea doesn't suck.

Actually, that´s a pretty cool idea. In fact, that feature could help a lot the singleplayer experience. If DooM3´s gonna have some hit detection like AvP, Sof or NOLF, the blood, guts and limbs are completely different for each daemon.

iD should forget the classical chunk-o-meat gib type and do refashioned models with blaster torsos and split open heads like in Sof. It would look pretty cool in deathmatch too, specially if the bodies react to physics, destroyed corpses rolling down stairs, etc...

Or custom skeletons? Custom internal organs? Where will it all end?

Right where I'm gibbed, and people realise I'm just made up of old console controllers and breakfast cereal....

...just like life :)

Tangent thought: I wouldn't mind the idea of a customisable theme tune in DM when you enter the arena, much like wrestlers (Althgouh, god damn I hate that play-acting shit).

I would enter to a part of NIN's Eraser. You know, the bit that goes "KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME!" :D

Damn I gotta get rid of this wierd sense of humour for a real, 'quality' british one :P

Hmm... I guess it would be quite cool to do that, but I dont care what the gibs look like so long as there is lashings of BLOOD god damn it! so many games shy away from filling your face with red as soon as you kill something, well I for one say it must stop.

Yeah, you're right. It was quite funny gibbing a deathmatch opponent in Duke Nukem 3D and seeing 2 heads, 4 hearts, 2 spines and 1 leg flying trough the air... And I've always wondered where Bones' blood is coming from in Q3A.

Jayextee said:

Or custom skeletons? Custom internal organs? Where will it all end?

Right where I'm gibbed, and people realise I'm just made up of old console controllers and breakfast cereal....

...just like life :)

Tangent thought: I wouldn't mind the idea of a customisable theme tune in DM when you enter the arena, much like wrestlers (Althgouh, god damn I hate that play-acting shit).

I would enter to a part of NIN's Eraser. You know, the bit that goes "KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME!" :D

Damn I gotta get rid of this wierd sense of humour for a real, 'quality' british one :P

Yeah... the music thing'd be cool. I get dibs on KMFDM's "Godlike"!

I call the chorus of Underneath The Waves, or the final verse of Happy Camper. Or, maybe just to piss everybody off, the final refrain of 7th House from Danzig 5 (that'll drive everybody insane for sure).

Guest Meebes
Zaldron said:

Actually, that´s a pretty cool idea. In fact, that feature could help a lot the singleplayer experience. If DooM3´s gonna have some hit detection like AvP, Sof or NOLF, the blood, guts and limbs are completely different for each daemon.

iD should forget the classical chunk-o-meat gib type and do refashioned models with blaster torsos and split open heads like in Sof. It would look pretty cool in deathmatch too, specially if the bodies react to physics, destroyed corpses rolling down stairs, etc...

Anyone played Hitman: Codename 47? Okay, the game can use a little work, but I for one think the physics in that game are just incredible. Bodies slowly roll down stairs, dangle an arm over a sewer hole and the body slowly slides in...just awesome. I don't know about custom gibs, but I want monster-specific gibs for singleplayer.

The only reports so far of D3 are that the engine looks real - I don't care about looks if it doesn't feel real! Those phsyics better blow me away!

Guest Meebes
Zaldron said:

And we already know moms are gonna hate this game - so let's not get spooked by a Mature rating and go full blood! If this is hell, I want the demons' blood to COAT THE FLOOR. It should splatter, it should pool, and there should be A LOT of it. Footprints and splashing would be nice too.

One more - I wanna be able to step on the corpses. Not that you can't and it doesn't let you go anywhere above the corpse, not that the corpses just disintegrate...I want to fell a Hell Knight and climb on its rotting corpse to check out the view!