Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Doom

Screen Shots

Does anyone know where I can get some screen shots of Doom 3? And does anyone know what file extention the Doom 3 maps will have? (Doom and Doom 2 used .wad files)

Well, there's (!! SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION !!) a 'fake screenshots' section on my page at www.geocities.com/lordflathead. It's got only one shot on it for the moment - feel free to contribute.

WOW, Super-doopa original name... ;)

Don´t worry about MAC, he doesn´t bites, well... ussually.

Im sorry, er, DooM, but DooM3´s still on pre-production, there´s no actual game art done, only tests and temporary stuff. You´ll have to wait some months more.

The file extension will probably be a new one. It will resemblance a little the .BSP files, but without all the VIS and RAD code, so .MAP is a better approximation.

Well, there's (!! SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION !!) a 'fake screenshots' section on my page at www.geocities.com/lordflathead. It's got only one shot on it for the moment - feel free to contribute.

You're on Doomworld dot com. If screenshots existed there would be a gallery of them accessible from the main page. However, the game is still in development as of right now and no screenshots exist.

The point of this forum is to hypothesize and hope. Most of us feel that Q3A was a disappointment.

Doom 3 will also be the first game in iD's history to break away from file grouping (according to Carmack). This means all the files will be in separate folders of maps, textures, sounds, and coding.

We know what format Doom and Doom 2 uses for pwads. Every game using the Doom engine uses this format (Where's All the Data?).

Since the game does not yet exist we can only guess as to the extension of the maps. Considering long file names the levels could very well be named:

bunker_gate_7.spd3map
mortal_highway.dm_d3m
dying_culture.capture_the_flag_doom_3_level_data

Torn Skin.Assault.Doom 3 Level

When choosing to load in user levels the menu could load all the files from the level pool and catagorize them easily this way (as UT does).

Who knows?

Its also worth pointing out that since the game is evolving beyond lightmaps that most of the functionality of the bsp tree is now gone, so this leaves me curious as to whether or not the files will actually be smaller than Q3A maps. Hmm...

Zaldron said:

WOW, Super-doopa original name... ;)

Don´t worry about MAC, he doesn´t bites, well... ussually.

Im sorry, er, DooM, but DooM3´s still on pre-production, there´s no actual game art done, only tests and temporary stuff. You´ll have to wait some months more.

The file extension will probably be a new one. It will resemblance a little the .BSP files, but without all the VIS and RAD code, so .MAP is a better approximation.

There must be something wrong with the forums 'cause this message (the one I'm replying to) is actually a reply to the main message, and not to mine.
Confusing ? Yoo BetCh j00Z Ass

Guest elyuca

I cant believe nobody had the nick "Doom" before yesterday. You just registered it.
No, no screenshots. If they existed by now, half of us would have already have had heart attacks, and would probably be in the hospital.
Some fake ones are available though, at shugashak. They have litereally hundresds of them, most of them funny, and made with MSPaint, about 5% of them very cool serious rendered pics.
The .wad extension is a Doom engine thing, The quzke 3 engine used a file called the .pak file where everything is stored compressed, id ll probably do the same thing for Doom 3.

In short all we know about Doom 3 is what you can find at the official site: www.ua-corp.com

MACVILEWHORE said:

Yo, zaldron, what you mean? I didn't post nuttin.

where did the post go if i did post?

/me climbs up a tree and jumps into the snow

Hey, MAC, that´s unfair, you just deleted one of your posts!!!
You were the first to answer this guy.

Lord FlatHead said:

There must be something wrong with the forums 'cause this message (the one I'm replying to) is actually a reply to the main message, and not to mine.
Confusing ? Yoo BetCh j00Z Ass

This is weird, I replied to a MACVILEWHORE post... Ling, WTF?

Zaldron said:

No! ReAlLy!!

/me is thrown inside a van by 2 big male nurses.
/me ends at Betty Ford Clinic.

Hahahahaha SURE YOU DID, now let the nice people in white coats help you zaldron, its for your own good HEHEHEHEHE!!!!!

deadnail said:

That's enough using the name of Wumpscut songs/albums in the name of Doom maps...

S./

Shut it, pokeass. Six years ago my brother brought in a Wumpscut CD, Bunker Gate Seven. Since then his copy got destroyed and I've been looking for it. I finally found it today. It cost me nineteen bucks but I got it. First place it went was right into my PC to make 256kbs MP3s.

Hey, have you tried the VQF format yet?

Guest neuromancer
deadnail said:

Well, well, well! Am I blind or why aren't there still any screenshots accessible from the front page? I've seen one in a german magazine and looked it up on the net and just found another one that seems pretty real to me!
Why don't you go ahead and check this out:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/harry.d/doom3.html

That's exactly what I expect from Carmack. But if you've read the American McGee interview (some time ago) you wouldn't be too sad if those shots don't seem so overwhelming. According to American the new features include some really great looking explosions and stuff like that!

That´s exactly what you expect from Carmack?! Ugly, tasteless blocky levels with clean shiny marble floors, a HUD that is worst then everything I have seen before, a player head that looks like a rotten hobo with a headshot... The second screen is a bit better, but also not even reaching Q3A quality, and again stupid blocky architecture. Please don´t talk about those bad fake screens again, they just make me angry >:-O

elyuca said:

Some fake ones are available though, at shugashak.

I love those fakepics man. Especially the SuperMario-one !! LOL

Guest fraggle`

LEAKED DOOM SCREENSHOT HERE:

---> http://underworld.idsoftware.com/attrocious.jpg <---

Zaldron said:

Hey, MAC, that´s unfair, you just deleted one of your posts!!!
You were the first to answer this guy.

Yes, I also remember he wrote something about his coffee... or was I just dreaming? :)