• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

What shouldn't be in Doom 3

I was about to say the same things.
I agree with you.
I wouldn't like to see one setting only.
I would like to see different settings (earth/mars/etc..)

I've got nothing left to say.............

Hostages

Enemy generating bosses

Uzi Submachineguns

Gold plated weaponry

Canadians

Too many biomechanical demons (don't focus on them like Q2)

Hip-Hop

That stupid robot from Short Circuit

Duke Nukem style attitude (one and only baby)

And as a side note, I would like to pump a grenade inside an imp. The only surviving body parts would be the skull and the limbs, as everything else would go up in a burst of flame and a elliptical blast of blood and organs. I would like to see blood clinging to the ceiling and dripping down the wall, and other demons near the epicenter being thrown against said wall from the blast.

Ahh, I feel better. Now to kill a napkin.

- CS style booooooring realistic weapons
- motorbikes
- action interrupting movie cutscenes
- self acting, talking player character
- magic and medieval weapons
- claustrophobic skyboxes
- clean brushed marble floors
- sewers

deadnail said:

Hostages

Enemy generating bosses

Uzi Submachineguns

Gold plated weaponry

Canadians

Hip-Hop

And as a side note, I would like to pump a grenade inside an imp. The only surviving body parts would be the skull and the limbs, as everything else would go up in a burst of flame and a elliptical blast of blood and organs. I would like to see blood clinging to the ceiling and dripping down the wall, and other demons near the epicenter being thrown against said wall from the blast.

hey i like johnny five

Guest Lament

What, no magic?
You're mad.

masterhassan said:

hey i like johnny five

Fuck Johnny Five and fuck his little gold plated voice modulator.

"Hey Laser breath, your momma was a tin can! "

:)

Gotta agree about the gold plated weapons though....uhgghgh!! Black, Bruniton finish ... maybe some cold steel!!

Yeah...that has me in the mood.

Male/Female monsters
Male/Female monsters which get it on
Male/Female monsters which get it on and produce young ones
Any kind of monster sexuality as suggested in previous posts on this forum
Trent

Definately no realistic weapons

No tiny monsters that are too small to shoot/get in places you cant shoot em (i.e. snark, protozoid slimer, baby headcrab)

Actually levle 30 in Doom was fun, I liked to run around practising on that level wahile listening to some sweet tunes.
Spent hours at a time on it...ended up getting 345000% kills on it :)

danarchist said:

Definately no realistic weapons

No tiny monsters that are too small to shoot/get in places you cant shoot em (i.e. snark, protozoid slimer, baby headcrab)

Actually levle 30 in Doom was fun, I liked to run around practising on that level wahile listening to some sweet tunes.
Spent hours at a time on it...ended up getting 345000% kills on it :)

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with snarks. Those baby headcrabs did suck tho.

Lüt said:

Male/Female monsters
Male/Female monsters which get it on
Male/Female monsters which get it on and produce young ones
Any kind of monster sexuality as suggested in previous posts on this forum
Trent

I'll cram Trent up your ass if you don't stop mentioning how you hate him all the time! :) btw you were supposed to make something up of what music you like?

You know half the time I am being sarcastic when I mention Trent. I kinda started one, in NiGHTMARE's earlier post on "Bands You Love/Hate", which is probably on the 2nd archive page too. I was at work and only got to a few off the top of my head, but I listed a few tracks for each of them to get anybody with a decent connection and FTP/Napster access started. I had an MP3 page until I asked XOOM (at the time) for help and they deleted my site without helping me, I guess because I had some 300 MB of MP3s up there. I haven't felt like reconstructing it yet. So, uh, go read his old post.

Guest Meebes
Disorder said:

I was about to say the same things.
I agree with you.
I wouldn't like to see one setting only.
I would like to see different settings (earth/mars/etc..)

I've got nothing left to say.............

I definitely want to see some realistic weapons. But I do not want to see crappy ones like in Q2, or ones designed solely for deathmatch purposes like Q3 (I know why they did it obviously, I'm just using it as an example)

I don't want to see Q2 robo-monsters...gimme disgusting, fleshy, oozing demons that foam at the mouth and snarl and spread puffs of organs and blood and whatnot when you shoot them.

I don't want to see dumb levels. I wanna be able to figure out where I'm supposed to be going, not wandering around because the whole thing is like an acid trip. And if it is supposed to be like an acid trip (like you're wandering through hell) I want it to be cool enough to creap me out and not just piss me off.

I don't want to see switches whose whole purpose is to create a few gut clouds from a laser hitting a corpse, unless I'm the one who made the corpse a corpse. Traps are okay, as long as I can use them myself, by I don't want monsters to dumbly wander into them and pursue me anywhere like other dooms.

I DON'T WANT TO STEP IN LAVA AND EVER STEP OUT AGAIN. If it's gonna be in there, it better be damned deadly. LAVA IS HOT!!! That said, put it in to look good but don't make me reload a billion times because it's too easy to fall into.

Guest DeAD_Stuff

NO DOOM original weaponry (well i mean the old weapons but with MANY new-entry)

and no doom original gameplay.Doom 3 should be a fusion beetween
Half-life and doom2

Lüt said:

You know half the time I am being sarcastic when I mention Trent. I kinda started one, in NiGHTMARE's earlier post on "Bands You Love/Hate", which is probably on the 2nd archive page too. I was at work and only got to a few off the top of my head, but I listed a few tracks for each of them to get anybody with a decent connection and FTP/Napster access started. I had an MP3 page until I asked XOOM (at the time) for help and they deleted my site without helping me, I guess because I had some 300 MB of MP3s up there. I haven't felt like reconstructing it yet. So, uh, go read his old post.

and you missed the ":)" in my post?

No Mars, Jupiter, Saturn or any of their moons :P

No spaceships or space stations. No outer space crapola. If I want that I'll play Wing Commander or something :P Besides, it's just so damned boring and unoriginal.

deadnail said:

Hostages

Enemy generating bosses

Uzi Submachineguns

Gold plated weaponry

Canadians

Hip-Hop

No Canadians??? You fool. That's the one damned thing that would ensure success!

Espi said:

and you missed the ":)" in my post?

Nah, I noticed. But that was for everybody else too.