Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bobo

Doom movie? NOOOO!!!!

Na, Its never going to happen. I mean, a movie BASED on Doom would be cool, but not DOOM the movie! Imagine the lame intro music for Doom 1 playing on the big screen- fuck how pathetic.

I personally dont know WHY people make movies out of games. It works better the other way around. They went waayyyy too far with Mario Brothers the movie. Fuck what the hell where they thinking! they might as well make Pac-Man the movie.

Hopefully we'll see the end of the world before Doom the movie.

The SegaCD version of Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Back in the time that game was amazing, graphically. I still think it is, even though it's somewhat low-res compared to other stuff. It was kind of an odd playability factor; you running around kicking and punching all this crap in some medieval vampire setup, but it worked.

Guest Dark_Fox
Bobo said:

Na, Its never going to happen. I mean, a movie BASED on Doom would be cool, but not DOOM the movie! Imagine the lame intro music for Doom 1 playing on the big screen- fuck how pathetic.

What makes you think they are going use the Midi Music?
The DooM Movie will be awesome as long as they donot base it off those god forsaken books.

Well I believe they would HAVE to base it off of those books. They're the only things related to doom with a storyline. I mean, if they based it off the game, it would be a guy walkihng around and shooting things with no talking. argh

p.s bobo that's one kick ass icon!

Am I wrong or did someone provide the story for them books other then iD. What makes you think a company could make there own story for doom based off the game and book. Just keep the fact that it takes place on mars and some weird shit is happing on deimos and phobos then mars, I don't know the whole story. But doom the movie should be canceled, fuck it, do we really need another sloopy video game bassed movie.

But on the other hand they would make tones of money just because the simple fact that the movie has the name DOOM in it. The fans would go nuts...

Guest Stealthy Ivan

Dude, look at mortal kombat the movie...? It f*cking ruled...! I think if they make a movie out of doom is going to be killer!

if played on teh right sound card dooms music is incredibly awesome. i palyed it on my friend pc yetserday his osudn card rules. i forget what map taht song is form but when oyu start up doom 95 that song at teh autorun screen rules

Guest Dark_Fox
Stealthy Ivan said:

Dude, look at mortal kombat the movie...? It f*cking ruled...! I think if they make a movie out of doom is going to be killer!

Thank you!
Wing Commander was kick ass!
The second MK sucked, and so did D&D, well it was ok..

Bobo said:

they might as well make Pac-Man the movie.

YES! 2 hours of yellow balls chasing purple blobs! Or is it the other way around? Either way it would be great. Murrr

You suck sumsing!

Heheh. If any one of you fuckers got that you just rose up a notch on the coolness scale.

Now my point. Didn't they make a Pac-Man christmas special a long while ago?

Dark_Fox said:

What makes you think they are going use the Midi Music?
The DooM Movie will be awesome as long as they donot base it off those god forsaken books.

(There are lots of Doom Movie posts; not posting my same post again.)
A Doom movie or Doom based movie is crap. I would not be interested in seeing something I already have played.

Hey Super Mario Bros. ruled and so did the Double Dragon movie...okay maybe they were cheesy...but when they came out I was a little kid and I thought they ruled.

Anyways, video games and movies don't mix. Video games don't have good stoy lines...at least the good ones c'mon think Mario Bros., Pac-Man, Doom, and Donkey Kong are about the 4 most played games ever (and maybe Scorched Earth too), but they have crappy story lines, and it's damn near impossible to figure out how to make it into a movie. One exception to this rule is Half-Life...that game had a good enough storyline with enough action scenes to be a reasonably good movie.

And movies are never turned into good games because the people who make the games try to base the game to much on the movie and it becomes hella lineral (one-tracked), and sometime crappy cause they have different game modes for each scene of a movie.

If they make a movie of Doom, its gonna be crap, cause all the Doomers will say 'What the hell is this, this isn't how Doom should be like'. Then all the people who got tired of Doom (for some reason) will say 'hey it's Doom, it's crap!', then all the people who never heard of Doom (stranger still) will be like 'What the hell is Doom? It just looks like another crappy action movie.'

The first thing I said after I saw the Super Mario Brothers movie in the arcade when I was a kid was, "Man, that sucked."

Doom, Pac-Man, Half-Life... and you forgot Super Mario Brothers 3 which is (I think) still the highest selling console game to date.

System Shock II is *MUCH* more geared to be a movie than Half-Life. 75% of Half-Life was still mindless killing, as opposed to the usual 95% of most FPS games.

And you're right, there's almost no way that the Doom movie would be good by any stretch of the imagination.

danarchist said:

The only half-decent movie made from a game is Mortal Kombat. SMB, Street Fighter, Double Dragon, Wing Commander, and Mortal Kombat Annihilation all sucked (Annihilation more than the others tho). And does anyone remember that Pac-Man cartoon series?

final fantasy the spirits within

this is based on a game(not the story line but lots of the elemenets)and 100 cg photo relistic(ie the guys look like real lifelooking guys (skin textur,hair,no toy story grafix this is like the best grfix out there.........the only thingi dontlike about the movie is that it was set in earth

deadnail said:

You suck sumsing!

Heheh. If any one of you fuckers got that you just rose up a notch on the coolness scale.

Now my point. Didn't they make a Pac-Man christmas special a long while ago?

I got it.

Doom would make a great movie if:

A) They get a kick-ass movie director that knows how to make good "kick-ass" genre movies (as in good meaning better than 2 stars, although the only 3+ star kick-ass movie iv'e seen was Saving Ryan's Privates - or was it the other way around).

B) They modify the plotline to add depth to the story or just plain make it work in a movie (because Super Mario Bros. required a different storyline and they didn't provide one - look what happened.)

SaGa said:

final fantasy the spirits within

this is based on a game(not the story line but lots of the elemenets)and 100 cg photo relistic(ie the guys look like real lifelooking guys (skin textur,hair,no toy story grafix this is like the best grfix out there.........the only thingi dontlike about the movie is that it was set in earth

You can't say the final fantasy film is good until its actually finished.