Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Relajo

music topic again

Guest Relajo

Hey guys, check on www.sonicmayhem.com I read that they are working on the music for a new game, and they say something like "hint: it's a sequel".... We all know that ID loves this guys for game's music.

Hmm. I'm a big fan of Sonic Mayhem and NiN and it would suit me very well if either of them did the soundtrack.

Or both.
One of them should compose the base/labs/hq/colony soundtracks, while the other (preferably NiN) should compose the quasi-hell/Hell themes.

UPDATE :

directly from SM interview on GameSlice (on what are they doing now) :

"It’s a first person shooter and its pretty dark. Music wise, expect something new and cool. We are going for a more cinematic style this time. I love mixing orchestral elements with electronic textures."

That´s screaming DooM everywhere...

Wow, yeah...thats what it is...they did pretty good on Q2, but I think NIN could do awesome...NIN is really creepy, but mayhem is intense and heavy. Therefor NIN would do better for Doom, but Mayhem would be better for Quake.

Hey, who said NIN was going to do the soundtrack...people haxe been acting like it's been confirmed...where did they hear this from?

Doom needs intense and heavy music too!

E1M1: Heavy
E1M4: Heavy
E1M6: Intense
E2M1: Heavy
E2M3: Heavy
E2M8: Intense
E3M1: Heavy
E3M2: Intense
E3M3: Heavy
E3M8: VERY HEAVY
D_Bunny: Intense

Well put Maonth, well put. E3M8 sounds *REALLY* horrible with the wrong guitar sample, though. WinGroove makes a humongous mess of it. :)

heh. I can imagine!

this Sound Canvas thingie i got, needs to be restarted once in a while. Caus' sometimes the instruments change!

Let Sonic Mayhem make the Heavy songs and Trent the ambient, orchestral whatever!

Oooh, I remember that. I'm on a SB PCI 128 right now so that's not an issue.

Having 2 bands requires double the music budget. Do you think iD is willing to pay twice as much?

Shaviro said:

heh. I can imagine!

this Sound Canvas thingie i got, needs to be restarted once in a while. Caus' sometimes the instruments change!

Let Sonic Mayhem make the Heavy songs and Trent the ambient, orchestral whatever!

Damn it, last time: anything orchestral/industrial belongs to Das Ich. Period.