Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest chode face

doom 3 is crap

Guest chode face

From what i have heard about the requirements of Doom 3, im not in any way excited, i mean don't get me wrong im was a huge doom fan back in the day. but i just recently upgraded to an amd 700, and now that's the minimum for doom 3, and it will barely run on a g-force 2? That's bull, im runnning on a voodoo 3, and the new g-force 3 is going to run for $600. What the hell is their demographic hear? Obviously people who are very well off in life. and im sure as hell not one of em. how is the average level consumer going to be able to afford stuff like this. if you ask me all the game companies should be more like Blizzard, they aim for the lowest possible system requirements, so that keeps their fan base, and consumer base, very broad. although doom 3 looked gorgeous, im just not willing to pay so much money to play one game.

Guest Dream Destroyer

Id is aiming for immersion. And if making the system requirments high so the graphics will be really good will make it the most immersive scary action game ever. Then I'm for it. I have a P 200MMX. I ain't crying.

BY THE TIME DOOM3 COMES OUT THOSE PIECES OF HARDWARE YOU ARE CRYING ABOUT WILL BE IN BARGAIN BINS FOR UNDER $50.

Guest Dark_Fox

Jesus fucking chirst, your on the DOOM 3 forum, we are are big fans of DOOM 3 and looking forward to its release, I have a P1 233 woith 144 megs of 100 ram and a Voodoo 3.. Stop bitching and save you little baby of a newbie. >:(

Guest D-clone

Doom 3 will reqiure a , what would be by then, a mid rage system by the time it comes out. So stop bitching, you faggoting piece of shit!

Guest Dark_Fox

Thats pretty fucking sad when a newbie tells another newbie to shut the hell up, go D-clone!
You may reach high places among the elders =P

Guest ProdigieSon
Dream Destroyer said:

Id is aiming for immersion. And if making the system requirments high so the graphics will be really good will make it the most immersive scary action game ever. Then I'm for it. I have a P 200MMX. I ain't crying.

I'm running on a 400 MHz 2mb Non-Open GL Video card, 96 megs of RAM :), and im not worried or mad i mean i have been DooMing since i was ... omg 7? (wow never thought about that) and i support All things ID but mostly i just wanted to tell Mr.Homophobe (faggoting? wtf) to shut up (Yes homophobe... you have to put faggot in every five seconds to feel manly because your afriad of your own feelings... yeah c'mon... you like david hass-ale-hoff)

Oh and if the infernal powers are reading this post tatke over the music city mall first thing, i'd love to go ripping threw there with a Boom stick blasting imps

You needed a 3DFX card to really appreciate Quake.
You needed a Voodoo2/Rage to really appreciate Quake 2.
You needed a GeForce to really appreciate Quake 3.

You will need a GeForce 3 to really appreciate Doom 3.

Get over it. If it bothers you so much then DON'T FUCKING BUY IT. What good does it do you to bitch?

Guest JAMESBOND

What kind of DOOM fan are you?

Once you beat the big badasses and clean out the moon base you're supposed to win, aren't you? aren't you? Where's your fat reward and ticket home? What the hell is this? It's not supposed to end this way. It stinks like rotten meat, but looks like the lost Deimos base. Looks like you're stuck on the shores of hell. The only way out is through. To continue the DOOM experience, play the Shores Of Hell and it's amazing sequal, Inferno!

By the way, none of the DOOM games are crap!

Guest cocoon
Lüt said:

BY THE TIME DOOM3 COMES OUT THOSE PIECES OF HARDWARE YOU ARE CRYING ABOUT WILL BE IN BARGAIN BINS FOR UNDER $50.

Yupp, completely true.

Guest JackTheShitter!
chode face said:

UUUURGGH! Optimistics.... :(

Some of you people are sayin that for doom3 to really appreaciate it you need a ge-force 3. On realease its goin for $600. Ok The most those cards will go down is to $500-$450 unless the Id team are any thing like the 3d realms team. Actaully scratch that. They will proberly stop making that card and they will get you poor saps to buy another $600 card. Either way you look at it they want you and you know, to part with alot of money. Only a lucky few will be getting bargins. Takes money to make money. Am I right? :p :D :p

You sure have a good point there. For one, people who are very well off in life aren't usually attracted to these kinds of things, they're attracted to golf!

It's usually us low-lifes that like this stuff because we want to escape from reality so badly.

And from what i've seen, they aren't even doing a good job of it (bad lighting, horrible tries at making computerized humans, shitty optimizations, etc).

Guest cHOWyunFATAL

I don´t know how you guys did it, but i wanted to play every ID shooter that was published, and i wanted to play it with best performance and graphics. Sure. And so I did! I bought that damn hardware. I can remember the time when I played Quake 2 with a 2MB graphics card. So i bought a voodoo 1. And this is time goes by.......i bought my voodoo 3 for quake 3 and I guess that I will buy a geforce 3 or whatever to get the fucking last piece of percomance out of it!
And think about other developers. ID engines where used that much in so many games...when doom 3 comes out...a short time after it there will be a list with 2 million games on it using the new engine. So, go stealing old womans handbags if you wanna play this incredible game!