Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nightmare imp

what does anyone think about the doom books?

The doom books:Knee-deep in the dead,hell on earth,infernal sky and endgame.
The pros:Intense action and suspense,good characters,descriptions of the enviroments etc.
The cons:aliens posing as demons what the fuck,why would they do that,that ruins it completely.In all of the novels,they left out the hell knights,the icon of sin and the arachatrons!
what about final doom,not infernal sky or end game.

1) Personally, I loathe them. A waste of toilet paper run through a printing press.

2) This has been discussed several times before, even this week for God's sake. It would be considerate of you to peruse the existing posts a little before you repeat what's already been said, especially if you're only looking for opinions.

I never said to look through them all, just a month or two of message title browsing would be appreciated. Wouldn't even take you five minutes, and you'd realize that BOTH of the threads you just started have already been covered... today.

Just roll the wheel down a little and you'll see what I mean.

BTW, I'm not commanding you but try to keep your topics limited to Doom 3 content as much as possible. I've been known to stray myself but it's... insulting to have some guy put up the cheat code list for the original Doom in this forum. Some people just don't get it.

Also, don't make new threads to inquire about someone/something that doesn't directly relate to Doom 3. I'm sick of hunting down and deleting posts like, "So n' so is an asshole". WTF are those for, to rouse a rabble of rebels? That's what email is for. Or even better, it could remain unsaid. A quick look at the recent posts and you'll see who I'm talking about.

Guest JudgeDooM
deadnail said:

it's... insulting to have some guy put up the cheat code list for the original Doom in this forum. Some people just don't get it.

Yeah. This one being JAMESBOND. Nightmare Imp, try to make useful and overall Doom 3-related messages, and you will be respected. Oh well, I'm not the one to tell you that, but just look at this:

http://www.doomworld.com/forums/doom3/messages/11430.shtml

Just listen to Deady, and you'll be ok. Not like that JB.

Guest Dark_Fox

Just don't post anything dumb or not D3 related, if you want e-mail or goto the general forum.. Otherwise we will have not problems with you, as for the novels.. I thought they sucked, the first one was oK.. but the rest sucked worse than sweaty monkey nutz.. Aliens?! Pfht!

JudgeDooM said:

Yeah. This one being JAMESBOND. Nightmare Imp, try to make useful and overall Doom 3-related messages, and you will be respected. Oh well, I'm not the one to tell you that, but just look at this:

http://www.doomworld.com/forums/doom3/messages/11430.shtml

Just listen to Deady, and you'll be ok. Not like that JB.

sorry brother doomers,i just got over my head but no need to get emotional I apologize,but you guys need to take it easy,no offense,i need to as well.To much stress.

Guest ProdigieSon

well i personal loved the first two... just can't find the 3rd and 4th ones.
Yeah most the people replying need to mellow out, but stressed?
STRESSED?! IM NOT STRESSED! AHH!! GET OUT OF MY WAY!!! STRESSED WHAT THE HELL?? GIVE ME MORE COFFEE!... oh sorry... :)

Why not Final Doom? The books were written before Final Doom was even considered being made.
I personally liked the first two books, but the last two drifted away from the point of Doom... although the idea of an interplanetary game of chess is kinda kewl if u ask me.

Guest JudgeDooM
nightmare imp said:

sorry brother doomers,i just got over my head but no need to get emotional I apologize,but you guys need to take it easy,no offense,i need to as well.To much stress.

NP, bud. We're takin it easy. We're just giving you some advices :)